When will Linux have a virtual assistant like Siri or Cortana?

When will Linux have a virtual assistant like Siri or Cortana?

What would a true FOSS virtual assistant that respects your privacy look like?

Other urls found in this thread:

mycroft.ai/
gnututor.com/
github.com/pickhardt/betty
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We seperate real features from assistive technologies. Also there is a thing called mycroft.

>What would a true FOSS virtual assistant that respects your privacy look like?

mycroft

Hopefully never.

Don't worry, linux has systemd :3

Linux would probably end up with something more like Shodan than Cortana...

Once it would respond on input text only and run on my machine only I would be for it.

Retards spend milions on speech to text, just to log everything you say, instead of making AI that accept text correctly... Justifying by disabled.

Extreme autism:

mycroft.ai/

never because it wastes memory

Already one avaliable. Nobody actually wants to use it.

This

it would look like shit, like all foss """software"""

This bitch is gross, Hail Cracky the queen of the sky!

GNU/Linux already has a virtual assistant. All you have to do is shoot an email to [email protected], and he'll answer any question you have.

one thing's for sure--when we do get it, it'll be a cute anime girl with a cute japanese name

>When will Linux have a virtual assistant like Siri or Cortana?
When the open source community decides that such a tool is useful enough to spend time developing. Personally I think those types of utilities are more than useless. If any Linux distro came with such a utility I would probably uninstall it.

Is it viable for everyday use yet? Looks very interesting to me

you hit a button and it calls RMS

The debian project is going to spend years developing this technology, but then they will decide that it should have a male or androgynous voice that creeps everyone out because "women of debian" will claim that "female assistance contribute to the objectification of women".

Canonical is also going to try their luck on this and add one that sends all your questions to amazon.

The gnome project will also make one, but end up making it ugly and poorly rendered and inexplicably give it an African accent.

Redhat won't see the point of assistants and end up just adding the one from gnome.

KDE will make their own. It's great but nobody will use it since it consumes 64GB of RAM.

no clue, i know it exists, but i haven't looked into it any further, as i have no desire for such a thing

then some autistic hobbyist on Sup Forums will make one and it'll be perfect, but it'll devolve into waifu shittery and the project will die

Linux users are all literate and are able to write faster than anyone can talk. Linux already have everything needed without botnet.

>incompatible

seems slow from what i saw on the internet. it appears you can run your own instance without having to but the documentation is, i can't fucking find anything useful honestly. all you get is a shitty github link if you click on the download link for linux and some very vague shit in the table of content.

i predict this will die within the next year or become community driven

*it appears you can run your own instance without having to register to their shit

Does anyone use that for anything else than showing off?

I love the idea of having a virtual assistant. But at the time being its like a really shitty search engine that nobody seems to use because its a hassle to talk to your phone/computer in public.

They should do one with Hatsune Miku.

I bet it would increase the Linux share in japan

Just like Doctress Neutopia.

they would just install win 10 x64 and run it from the ubuntu GNU/NT subsystem.

I vote for this

> Wix
What if...
What if - just think of it - what if Ai-chan is Karlie Kloss?

Kizuna knows more that that blonde

Mycroft mycroft.ai/
GnuTutor gnututor.com/
Betty github.com/pickhardt/betty

Also looks like a woman, unlike Miss "washboard chest, manshoulders and nonexistent hips" Kloss.

Make her a beautiful young Aryan woman.