I want to go back to this time again

I want to go back to this time again

Other urls found in this thread:

miranda-im.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>going back to when you could literally hack someone's computer using NetBus with just their IP address, which was publicly shown on their ICQ profile

yes, I was 12yo, I even installed that program from astalavista :)

i used to get messages from my sub7 backdoor on icq that gave me my victim's ip address

was good times.

>those halcyon days of new discovery and wonder, in a time without politics or facebook
Thanks for bring a nostalgic tear to my eye user.

Never really used ICQ I used AIM... and it being the late 90s and I was still in jr high I had screennames with dragonballz pokemon and gundam wing characters.

Hey bud, I got a little game to send you, just click on it when you get it

>nothing happened when I clicked on it...

:DDDDDD

>OPENS CD-ROM DOOR

Remember Divine Intervention? Or the NUKE?

I used AIM, MSN, and ICQ

>tray bar will never be that comfy again

Instead of being nostalgic about those days how about we bring them back?

bringing them back will never provide the same feels of youth desu

Bringing them back means nothing if I'm not 12 years old again

Who said that plan doesn't include time travel, sensei?

I wouldn't really want to go back in time to the 90s/early 00s because that would also mean dealing with school all over again which when it came to k-12 there's a lot of things I really just wish I could forget it was not always the best time in that regard. :( But that's a long off subject thing.

I don't want to have to go into cold sleep to wait for time travel.

ICQ was comfy AF.

if you could go back in time to the 90's, but you will not retain any of your current knowledge, except the fact that you just time travelled back from 2017, and you can only take a paper with a single word written on it.

what would that word be?

Kek

Facebook, so I’d know what to invest in.

ICQ became so bloated and unstable after a while. It dies for a reason; even the jews couldn't make people use it after a while.

I prefered MSN.

For a while Microsoft was releasing near-daily updates to try and maintain compatibly with AIM, while AOL kept trying to block them.

I dunno the fact that you just went back in time alone could alter a ton of shit and might not even happen or be called something else. Butterfly effect shit.

Aim is kill in two months

There was this multi-protocal chat app I used on Windows for years that connected to ICQ, MSN, etc. Was a fantastic bit of software. This was the period when everyone used Winamp, so like the millennium about I think.

there's always Virtual PC

>what would that word be?
internetwillbemassiveinvestinapplegooglefacebookbitcoinandcreatemilliondollarwebsiteandrememberthatopisafagalways

Found it. Miranda. That shit was TIGHT.

miranda-im.org

They're still releasing new versions!

I thought you meant trillian...

No that was bloated aidsware.

I bet you used NeoPlanet.

>Have massive 90's tech nostalgia
>remember that linux/UNIX was shit back then and only ran on special hardware
fuck

Trillian was AWESOME until they released the retardedly slow and ugly "skinnable" version.

I was so pissed. I paid for that software and they completely ruined it.

the lottery numbers

I was a kid who knew fuck all about anything, and managed to install Mandrake Linux onto my family's PC from a CD out of a magazine without problems.

Software wise
Imagine JUST getting doom in like '97

Trump

sure linux was crap in the 90s but amiga and beos were in their glory days

buybargainbincopiesofearthboundbuybitcoininstallgentoo

It never would occur to your past self that he'd become president. You'd probably invest all your money in his companies and lose all of it because he's such a terrible businessman.

iMac

It'd be obvious when that released that the message was to buy Apple stock.

Which is why he is so rich...

He's rich because he licenses his name to put on buildings and reality TV shows, but investors couldn't/can't buy into that, only his failed real estate ventures.

its also not that hard to make money on real estate when you start with millions

>93
>virii
wut?

In the 90s EVERYONE's computers were LOADED with viruses. We've come so fucking far it's almost unbelievable: everyone is worked up about a theoretical WPA attack, for which most systems will be patched shortly, but back then basically every time you stuck a disk in your system you got infected with something, on systems with no privilage control whatsoever.

>buy literally any real estate in NYC in the '70s
>do nothing
>VOILA! you're a billionair

I miss PowWow. Multi user voice chat in the late 90's. It worked well over dialup!

How are you going to get spoiled milennial cunts to drop the identity politics? Crash the economy so they have to work or starve?

I remember when everyone was complaining about big oil, rigged governments ran by a handful of incumbents, and an unfair economy that put "the rich" at the top, with no mention of jews or white privilege or first woman yadda yadda or diversity ever. It was us the people vs. them the kings not me vs. anyone who disagrees with me. Good times.

The days when you could finger someone's account to see if they were online, and send a talk (or ytalk) request across the internet to chat with them.

The days of public shell servers, and fingering @shellserver without specifying a username to see who was logged in, and trying to chat with anyone new who showed up.

The days of random talk requests in your shells, and having to drop out of your editor to respond.

Spinning up a huntd instance, and inviting some of the people who messaged you to play a game.

The days when web sites would tell you to run xhost + and then click a link, because it was easier to do complex things as an X11 app, and just connect to your xserver to display the app running on the webserver.

You don't have to... You are actually time travelling right now, into the future.

The hand went full 360 in divine intervention

nobody uses xmpp sadly.

i keep opening xabber on my phone only to remember that i don't have friends but i have like 10 single character xmpp accounts just in case a xmpp renaissance happens

....dude

> 9 directories
> 472 files

I WANT TO GO BACK

>not using talkomatic in the current year

I remember those days.

>Uh-oh

i still remember my icq uin and sometimes i log in to see if anyone is still up or back. two people.

i still keep my xmpp.jp account alive but jabber is dead since everyone uses some mobile manager and google pulled the plug from gtalk.

The days of fingering @vger.kernel.org to find out the latest kernel release and racing to compile a new release quicker than your friends on irc.
Take me back.

I used to collect email addresses via B.O/Sub7/NB shenanigans.

I had literally thousands. It was fun.

My favourite thing to do was disable alternate vowels. I'm not sure why but it usually drove people fucking insane. E.g disable A, I, O for several days, then E U Y for a few more, etc.