When will 16:10 / 4:3 laptops make a comeback?

When will 16:10 / 4:3 laptops make a comeback?

I can't stand this 16:9 bullshit every laptop manufacturer tries to push. Even the fucking "retro" thinkpad is 16:9.

likely never, normies only wanna buy 16:9 not "old" screen ratios. normies control the mainstream technology

macbooks

Maybe through some crowdfunding project.

I've only ever owned kinoratio laptops (t. iBook/Macbook/Macbook Pro owner)

The 3:2 laptop meme seems to be gaining steam, is that any good?

I had a 1920x1200 16:10 monitor for 7 yrs, then I went 1080p 16:9.

The later is so superior that I am honestly annoyed with myself for using 16:10 for so long.
First it just looks unnatural. It is just too tall. Maybe if your eyes were closer together you would enjoy it but wide field of view just is more natural with 16:9.

I like it, it's definitely better than 16:9.

>not 3:2 master race

>beautiful 15" 3:2 screen on powerful modern hardware
>but Sup Forums tells me Microsoft is evil corporation
What do?

Do you really want a $2000 tablet?

>quad core
>1060
"Tablet"

Specs are irrelevant to the form factor. I've been using quad-core tablets for years. You could put a Xeon and a Titan X in the thing and it'd still be a tablet

I'm really torn. I was planning to pick up a top of the line Macbook Pro in a few months to use as my main workhorse for the rest of university as well as my creative endeavors (I play live music using ableton, produce music, edit in Premiere/After Effects, lots of Photoshop use, etc..), but now this has me really tempted. Part of me says it's a dumb idea to get this because I will be tempted to play games on it, but the tablet features are really enticing. What would Sup Forums do in my situation? The main thing the MBP has going for it in my eyes is that I could probably tune out distraction on it better, but maybe that's a dumb purchasing idea?

>Бaхти якия лaптoп
>Бaхти якия caйт
>Бaхти якaтa нocтaлгия

none of this matters because only retards buy current laptops when you can get older good ones for 200 and spend the yest of the 800-1800 you saved on a mini itx for your travel needs

jelly as fuck

I'm seriously jelly of that aspect ratio

>Picked up a 5:4 monitor for $5 last weekend
maximum comfy

I would pay so much money for a high res one

They still make them for medical shit, you can get a 2560x2048 one, it'll just run you 5 figures.

this
16:10 is comfy as fuck famalam

Because 16:9 is chosen by non-autists.

*by people who use their computers exclusively for Netflix and Facebook

facebook is trash on widescreen though

Like they even notice

16:9 is a consumer ratio. For fatasses that lay about and watch things.

>need to crack open a case just to get to a battery
Fuck this anti consumer, unrepairable shit. By buying this youare showing that it's okay for Microsoft to fuck you in the ass.

> I ignore things I can't blindly argue against

INSTALL LONIX

Use some self control, don't play games 24/7 and pick whichever you think is more useful. Remember you can always dual boot the MacBook if you really need Windows, and it might make sense to just have a cheap $450 gaming desktop at home.

What the fuck did I ignore?

> (OP)
>normies control the mainstream technology
I'm gonna need a quick rundown

16x9 is really awkward to program with. 4x3 allows much more code to be displayed on screen.

3:2 is amazing, i hope we get actually good laptops with it someday

It's a nice change of pace from the 16:9 trash that's flooded the market but I'd still rather see good 4:3 laptops again.

>I am wrong so I will bullshit now
INSTALL WINDOWS 98

What exactly is the problem with 16:9 ?

Are you just an nostalgic faggot

Too much horizontal space compared to vertical and makes laptops more cumbersome to carry.

then get a smaller laptop faggot

And they're not "cumbersome", they are roughly the shape of an A4 paper. making it the most comfortable to carry

Meme ratios like 4:3 where your laptop is a fucking square make it uncomfortable to carry and use

16:10 is ok, but everything else is a fucking useless meme people here spam because
>MUHHH NOSTALGIA

>then get a smaller laptop faggot
I already use a 12" one with a 10" one for when I want something smaller.
>And they're not "cumbersome"
Yes they are. Carrying a 16:9 laptop is like carrying a 2x4 compared to carrying a 4:3 one.
>Meme ratios like 4:3 where your laptop is a fucking square
Are you in kindergarten or just incredibly stupid? Because 4≠3.
>make it uncomfortable to carry and use
But the opposite is true.

This has nothing to do with nostalgia, you fucking retard.

I ironically prefer 16:9 to anything, it's better for fitting to squarish windows side to side. Also it allows to fit a full size keyboard in a smaller chassis.

>4=/=3

4:3 is literally a fucking square, I ain't carrying shit that can't fit my backpack anywhere
4:4 is so archaic and useless only "muuhh nostalgia" faggots use it

>4:3 is literally a fucking square
kill yourself

>4:3 is literally a fucking square
You literally could not be more wrong.

>16:9
Great for media consumption.
Trash for productivity.

>3:2
Trash for media consumption.
Great for productivity.

>16:10
Trash for media consumption. (black bar cancer everywhere)
Trash for productivity. (omg i hav 5% more vertical spaec than 16:9 i luv takin tim cucks aids ridden penis up my ass)

What's the problem with 16:9?

It's 4:3 and not 5:4, but you can find 1600x1200 Dell Ultrasharp 2007FP's for decently cheap on ebay

Get the Thinkpad X62 then

>16:9
>trash for media
If you only watch stuff made in the last 10 years, sure. But 16:10 means less letterboxing for 16:9 content compared to 4:3 and less pillarboxing for 4:3 content compared to 16:9.
>Trash for productivity
Top kek

I've been debating it, I'd only get an x62t though, which is more difficult to do as you need to source some aftermarket board from a guy on a forum or something to make the digitizer work.

>(black bar cancer everywhere)
show me where the black man touched you

>they are roughly the shape of an A4 paper.
No, 3:2 is the closest to paper (that's why tablets and touchscreen chromebooks are using 3:2), 16:9 is way fucking longer and thinner than A4

Is it even worth it? Isn't the X60t's digitizer like, only single touch, non capacitive, non pressure sensing?

Certainly, that's how my current laptop is too.

That A4 shape is literally useless of it's horizontal. If you've actually been out in the real world, you'll know that most documents are printed on a vertical piece of paper

Macbook pros already use 16:10

>Trash for media consumption. (black bar cancer everywhere)
16:10 is perfect for having media controls onscreen without any black bars

>tfw 16:9 master race

Brainlets who don't know how to use the tools they're given will never know this level of comfy.

>media controls on screen at all times
>not wanting to be be immersed in your show

Why get such a high res monitor just to watch such low res shitty show?

Farscape is not a shitty show

The problem with 16:9 (1:1.77) is that it was made mainstream because MUH MOVIES yet 99% of the movies are made in
-1:1.85 flat
-1:2.35 scope
and a few, usually arthose movies in 1:1.37 (4:3) academy ratio.

16:9 was actually chosen because it's a middleground between movie aspect ratios and 4:3

I wish the 2048x1536 resolution becomes available in laptops or as standalone monitors. So far, only tablets seem to carry that resolution.

16:9 is good but not on tiny 13 or 14 inch displays

>he doesn't just gut a busted tablet and install an inverter/control board

>wanting a ten inch display

16:9 is the best aspect ratio

>not wanting a 10 inch lightweight display

Apple MacBook 12 Inch with Retina Display does not have this problem.

>16:10

Into the trash it goes.

Tile four of them, enjoy your 4096x3072 display

>using one than one monitor
Enjoy your black stripes

>being this much of a whiny cunt

if the horizontal resolution would be the same 16x9 would be shown as the piece of shit that it is

peтpo пc мaния ?

>not counting the vessels
GTFO retards

Why do you browse weird Bulgarian websites on your thinkpad OP?

Dud, books are done in horizontal and multi-columns. Documents aren't because people is too retard to format their documents.

>I don't know the shit I'm talking about

Seriously this, retards can't use things properly

working as a cinema projectionist for more than 2 years, working with both digital and analog system. Go ahead and try to tell me how what I see everyday multiple times is wrong because some fag like you on an anonymous imageboard about anime says so.

16:9 wasn't invented for muh movies, fucking idiot, it was invented to be a multi purpose resolution. Because movies on 4:3 looks retard, and real widescreens are retards on laptops.
Now, get your head out of your ass, you have a shitty job, we get it. But, if you want to talk about consumer technology, put yourself in the shoes of a designer or a seller.

hopefully never. I just hope this ultra wide bullshit dies out. 16:9 is more natural, anything wider is chink vision.

16:10 is the only good ratio

see

They switched to 16:9 because it's cheaper to make. Imagine if you have a sheet of metal that's 32 units wide and 90 units long. You can cut it into eighteen pieces that are each 16 units wide and 10 units tall, or into twenty pieces that are each 16 units wide and 9 units tall. On paper it seems like you're doing more and sacrificing little. But if you stop and think about it, 16:9 is one away from being 16:8, which is just a fancy way to say 2:1. 16:10 is that much closer to 4:3.

But it's not just aspect ratio, it's resolution too. The standard for laptops in 2016+1 is 1366x768. That is just 342 pixels wider than 1024x768, which was a high-end resolution in 1999. If all laptops were 1080p or even just 900p, we might not be as quick to complain. But until laptops without a prehistorically low resolution are affordable and decently built, I'll stick with my first-gen i5 EliteBook, with its glorious 1680x1050 display and 17" screen size.

Macbook's are either 16:10 or 4:3

3:2 is the new hotness

get your hands on a huawei matebook X asap

>Trash for media consumption. (black bar cancer everywhere)
>Trash for productivity. (omg i hav 5% more vertical spaec than 16:9 i luv takin tim cucks aids ridden penis up my ass)

A real person typed this into a chat window in an attempt to relate and communicate with another person through the magic of the internet. 16/10 would take advice again from this user about their personal aspect ratio preference.

learn2math

I hope my x220 is worth not getting 16:10 from an x201

Never because no one likes them. They're an old design, much better ones nowadays

Nobody outside of Sup Forums cares about aspect ratios.

>something inside breaks after 1-2 years or fans have to be cleaned, or you want to replace the battery
>have to break it apart to get to the components
If you buy that you're basically cucking your future self.

Still on a t60.

Said I'd update to a newer laptop when I needed to, but time has been very kind to this machine.

S U R F A C E B O O K 2

Same. T500 still serves well.