Windows 10 Fall Creators Update introduces two new anti-cheat tools

WINKEKS BTFO'd ONCE AGAIN

dsogaming.com/news/windows-10-fall-creators-update-introduces-two-new-anti-cheat-tools/

Other urls found in this thread:

nag.co.za/2017/10/17/microsoft-gets-into-the-anti-cheat-business-with-windows-10-fall-creators-update/
privacytools.io/#win10
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

who the fuck uses cheats in online games, that's gay as fuck

>"Activate it"

It's not for fucking Microsoft to decide what software I use. They're just blocking cheats for now, but later it can be anything.

Who the fuck uses UWP games anyway

This

anti-cheat modules all have the same issue.
where is the software protecting the anti-cheat module from hacking?

>Slippery slope

Are they acknowledging their OS is a console OS?

They want to blur the line between windows and xbox

Pro players in every shooter or popular game.
Brazilians, germans chinese and koreans otherwise.

Employed adults who don't care about games but want to make teenagers rage anyways

spoken like a noob

jonathan please

They have been doing this for a good 2 years now.

/dpt/ challenges are corny as hell so I make trainers

>Game Monitor will let Windows 10 share system information with games to prevent cheating tools such as aimbots. Since this tool will share system information with Microsoft

THIS IS NOT OKAY

??
I'm starting to think that g is retarded
Things to note before people start losing their shit like they normally do:
>It's exclusive to UWP games.
>You can turn it off
>No it won't fuck up modding
>No it won't fuck up your existing games
>No it won't get in the way of anything that you normally do

>>You can turn it off
Just like w10 builtin botnet, right?

Cheaters are a lazy scapegoat. Sharing OS information is as simple as adding an according dynamic library in a update.
But no, gamers will eat this up willingly and cherish the botnet.

>>It's exclusive to UWP games.
Only one of those.
The other one scans everything

see

It's an option for developers of UWP games to use and can be turned off. I guess you can keep deny that and shitpost about it if you have nothing else to do. Also, If you don't have or don't buy anything from the Windows Store, then you don't need to worry about anything.

It's proprietary siftware and there is so far no evidence of any if your claims.
For all we know, this could be a prelude to a massive DRM installment.

>It's an option for developers of UWP games to use and can be turned off

And where did you hear that?
The OP article mentions nothing about either of that and literally other article I found about this so far is basically mentioning the exact same things.

yeah just like every microsoft games have denuvo on Steam, right?

This is heading towards any software you own being enabled or disabled at will. Any media you have can be wiped without notice.

It's for UWP games ---> Uwp devellopers and it was already announced before nag.co.za/2017/10/17/microsoft-gets-into-the-anti-cheat-business-with-windows-10-fall-creators-update/

MS didn't make Denuvo, which is by far the most successful crack prevention in the last 10 years, also deployed in many a hyped AAA games.

I see.
Oh well, that's not so bad then.

I try to avoid it, but W10 Minecraft runs a million times better. I only occasionally play it nowdays so I never used mods anyway, I just like how smooth nu-Minecraft is.

>Denuvo, which is by far the most successful crack prevention in the last 10 years
>most successful crack prevention

Denuvo games are cracked like 1 day after release.

>games

Yes the last several ones were. How long did it take you ti play dragon age and lords of the fallen again?

I don't get it. What's wrong with this?
Why do you say winkeks btfo'd?
If you game and are older than 20 you're a loser anyways.

>cheaters

kids basically, good.

Microshit finally embracing the fact that their OS is only geared towards one thing: gaymers. They should just come out and say it: if you want productivity, switch to a Linux based distro.

Yeah someone like you would've said:
>They're just blocking viruses for now, but later it can be anything.
That's fine. Certain combinations of 0s and 1s are illegal and for a good reason.

This is good. Fuck cheaters and fuck China and Russia the biggest cheater ever.

Lol delusional

I wish MS would make their own distro. They'll need to hire several thousand extra support personnel and spend a minimum of $1m but Vulkan and new kernel would be worth it.

I don't even hate Denuvo, in fact, most games that I have that use it are optimized extremely well, like MGS5 and Mad Max. So I have nothing against it. However, it's simply a fact by now that Denuvo is a complete failure at actually preventing piracy these days. If I made a game, I'd never use it because of people dead set on claiming it causes performance issues and rapes your SSD.
Yeah, those are three year old games. Any game today is cracked in less than a week. Denuvo is fucked.

>You can turn it off

HAHAHAHA just like the forced updates?

Denuvo did its job well, they can spend money on a new version if they so desire.

who plays games, grow up pls

>still pushing the Vulkan meme
Lol

I just ran a trainer for RCT2 sandbox mode and got banned from microsoft. Be aware guys.. I learned my lesson. Don't make the same.

i don't want to
being an adult sucks

>liking an obsolete, bloated, and non portable api
jej

It did in the past. I understand its use even if it stops piracy for one month from release. But now it's pointless, shit's getting cracked in a day sometimes. They'd better step it up or just give up. Who the fuck is gonna keep paying to put it in their game if it doesn't work anymore?

It's so obvious that you are a pcmr faggot

Sup Forums is buttblasted because they are a bunch of cheating adolescent huehues.

r5 250 and i5 2400 are master race now?
Friend, I switched to linux specifically to play runescape better due to software rendering.

The rai repack i downloaded came out 25 days after release

Anyone knows how much gb the update is?

This. I own one, which is Minecraft, because I got it for free. It's awful and I don't play it, but I'm not opposed to anti-cheat methods existing as long as they keep it away from singleplayer shit.

This could be the groundwork for crossplatform multiplayer.

Nobody's going to use this as most gaymens are using Windows 7 therefore most devs will target W7.

Where is GameMonitor at? I only see TruePlay.

literal malware

>one product family
>one platform
one store

Then don't use windows

Watch this count mods as cheats

>which is by far the most successful crack prevention in the last 10 years
BAHAHAHAHAHA its been cracked in less than a few hours

about fucking time

It was for a good year and they're closer than anyone else to achieving it again.

>installing Windows 10 on laptop I'm trying to sell
>update it and reset it
>"creators update"
>while I'm in a Skype interview, fucking Cortana loudly starts speaking behind me about getting "a little wifi" on my laptop to get things started

Can the entire W*ndows team fucking die already? Who thought this was a good idea?

Your move, UnknownCheats and MPGH

after this I'm not

>implying I cheat
>implying I care about cheaters getting fucked
I can only thanks Microsoft for that.

Tinfoil©, the post.

Bye bye.

>no powerpoint
>no exell
>productivity
You should just say, if you're a developer instead.
Cuz everything else is completely retard.

>game releases as DX12 only
>forcing everyone to use Win10 + MS anticheat
Seems pretty easy
Also, most people use Win10, not 7.

>anticheat for single-player game
Who the fuck do that?

If it's a UWP thing, any game that uses it for multiplayer might keep it on for singleplayer if the devs are retards.

"Don't use Windows 10 - It's a privacy nightmare"
privacytools.io/#win10

I think it's great.

I'll play multiplayer games on linux, and wincucks will get all the invasive spyware that prevents them from cheating in my games.

Win/win

Good point.