3 months before 8700k goes on stock again

>3 months before 8700k goes on stock again

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/237957/asus-confirms-z270-platform-could-be-compatible-with-intel-coffee-lake-cpus
youtube.com/watch?v=XGXHrmfQrzs
rpcs3.net/compatibility
billingsgazette.com/business/investment/markets-and-stocks/intel-corp-s--core-gaming-chip-might-not-be/article_f28fd9d8-deb0-5360-bb72-0971355d9fc7.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

WAIT

>WAIT for 10nm

fixed it for you.

>tfw you got an 8400 cheap before people noticed it was great and will drop in an 8700K later

but e8400 is old m8

Just get an R5... resell value is quite high

>mfw i bought the 8400 with a z370 mobo thinking its faster than a 7700k but isnt.
Ah well i guess comebined its still cheaper than the 7700k, money will likely be well spent elsewere

It's pretty much identical to the 7700K for gaymen. Faster in some (like Battlefield 1) and slower in others (like Far Cry: Primal). Plus there's an upgrade path.

>DX12 in DICE games
WHO THE FUCK
EVER DOES THAT?

DX11 doesn't change anything.

>WAIT for 10nm++
And I mean this unironically.

Its worse at emulators though. I has done everything flawlessly in dolphin, but i need to see how it performs on cemu later tonight. I havent tried it yet

It's better for RPCS3. Probably worse for Cemu though, since the incompetent developers coded it to only use a few cores in an age where only the poorest of poorfags have less than four. Thankfully the RPCS3 devs aren't retards and it uses as many as it can get, meaning Ryzen does really well with it.

Does rpcs3 actually work? I havent heard much about it, i thought it was incomplete

>In an interview with Bit-tech, ASUS ROG motherboard product manager Andrew Wu has let the proverbial cat out of the bag: apparently, compatibility of Z270 boards with Coffee Lake processors wouldn't have been impossible after all. When asked why the new Coffee Lake CPUs aren't compatible with the previously released Z270 platform, Andrew Wu explained that it" (...) depends on Intel's decision." Andrew Wu also went on to mention that Intel's stated power delivery reasons don't "make much difference", and that ASUS themselves could make their Z270 motherboards compatible with Coffee Lake. For that, however, they'd need "(...) an upgrade from the ME [Management Engine] and a BIOS update", for which "Intel somehow has locked the compatibility."

>It seems all of that extra "pin-count" doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of the current Coffee Lake lineup with up to six core processors - the CPU socket and platform as designed with Z270 would have been able to handle the increased core counts and power loads. The question gets murkier with Intel's ability to release an 8-core CPU to the Z370 platform though - that particular amount of cores might indeed prove to be too much for Z270's power delivery. Making an educated guess, it would seem that Intel could have allowed for Coffee Lake compatibility on Z270 motherboards on CPUs up to 6 cores, but would need the new revisions on the Z370 platform to allow for operation of 8-core Coffee Lake chips.

techpowerup.com/237957/asus-confirms-z270-platform-could-be-compatible-with-intel-coffee-lake-cpus

INTELFAGS KEKED AGAIN!

It does.

Sweet, ill give it a try. God of war would be cool. Most the ps3 games are shit or already on pc in my opinion and i am burnt on out souls games

It's still very early in development, but there are plenty of games that are playable. Many even run perfectly. They just added high resolution rendering recently too.

youtube.com/watch?v=XGXHrmfQrzs

Does ratched and clank work?

They have a compatibility list: rpcs3.net/compatibility

It's probably not up to date with the latest nightlies though.

Sweet, thanks bro

GT4 fucking when

Z390 was leaked already, 8 cores won't be on Z370

I'm using one right now..

Z390 is still Coffee Lake, Z390 is just Z370 only "better."

I'll give you a hint
[spoiler]it ain't coffee but it does start with c[/spoiler]

Did you just wake up form a coma?? There is no desktop Cannonlake, and will never be a desktop Cannonlake. We've known this ever since Kaby Lake came out. Cannonlake is mobile-only. The next desktop CPU is Icelake. The 8 core CPU is Coffee Lake, maybe a refresh in the summer since Intel will have no new desktop CPU's until 2019.
billingsgazette.com/business/investment/markets-and-stocks/intel-corp-s--core-gaming-chip-might-not-be/article_f28fd9d8-deb0-5360-bb72-0971355d9fc7.html

I'll give you another hint
[spoiler]it ain't cannon but it does start with a c[/spoiler]

Stop just mindlessly speculating, every single piece of evidence seems to point to the 8 core being either Coffee Lake or Icelake. Z370 is Kaby Lake refresh for Coffee Lake, Z390 and B360 are Cannonlake chipset for Coffee Lake, and summer will probably have a Coffee Lake refresh ala Devil's Canyon. Then Cannonlake mobile will probably be out, and Icelake in 2019. Maybe there will be a Kaby Lake-X or something next summer, who knows.

Craplake?

>stop mindlessly speculating
>proceeds to mindlessly speculate
when the injun feature is announced I'll be fuckin laughin at your posts

Close mang

Z370 and Z390 are confirmed to be compatible already. if you're thinking of Cascade Lake they would reuse X299 or name it X399 (Probably not since AMD stole it.) Maybe they can call it X399X.

>confirmed
by who, wccftech?

they ain't gonna call it like it be but it do

By Intel themselves? You still haven't posted any evidence at all.

read the fine print brub

>Intel 10nm next decade maybe
>Samsung is moving to 8nm already
Embarrassing

>Zen2 will be released in 4 months

What are the chances that Zen2 will be able to hit 4.5+Ghz?

>Sumsung 10nm, and 8nm
>actual 10nm, and 8nm

Are you ever going to post evidence or not? Here, this was just leaked.
>read the fine print brub
You mean like
>"All Coffee Lake"-S SKU's supported when they become available?"
Face it dude, Z370 and Z390 are compatible, it's a fact.

>gaymen
Constantly thinking about gays makes you a fag bro.

You're thinking of Ryzen 2XXX, or Ryzen 12LP. 4,5 is more likely to be the limit. More than that is Zentoo

>when butthurt Sup Forums kiddies try to bring the bantz

If they did 4.5 I'd get a 2600, the new king

>720p
>Non oc'ed
Keked at your life

Upgrade path? Intel wouldnt release another series thay supports z370 would they? That would be too white of them

>next decade
Aww he doesn't get the confidential roadmap slides ;(

did you even read the article? it says z370 have 20 unused extra pins, it means more power delivery which means more cores

Icelake is 100% guaranteed to be a new socket. Thew only question is if Intel will go ahead and release a Coffee Lake 8 core next summer or not.

RIP ANUS

>720p

>720p
There's a 1080p bench right below it, dumbass, and the 8400 is still well ahead. The entire point is to show CPU performance, not GPU performance.

>Non oc'ed
So you're saying that it would be an impressive, amazing achievement for a delidded 5GHz 7700K housefire to draw level with a chip that costs half as much and consumes ~50W under load? Kek indeed.

Sorry that you got baited into buying a "top of the line" chip that was made irrelevant by a budget part six months later, but there's no need to take it out on other people.

There's an upgrade path from the 8400 to the 8700K regardless of whether Intel release anything else for the chipset.

Another dumb Sup Forumstard who doesn't understand how to benchmark CPUs.

Oh thanks, I didn't know comparing 720p and 4k bench's are identical loads now

If i wanted to upgrade from the 8400 to the 8700k i would have bought the 8700k lol. Its too hot and o cant be bothered trying to keep it cool

>720