A hacked PSP is the most kino technology. Discuss and post tech that interests you

A hacked PSP is the most kino technology. Discuss and post tech that interests you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kwl6fygKep0&t=128s
problemkaputt.de/psx-spx.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=jmk0Nos3lPw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is vita hacking better now day s?

hacked vita gets you a psp emulator with cfw so...

Permanent hax exist, but not for a firmware newer than 3.60

I like my hacked Vita but it's disappointing on a few levels.

Do we have firmware check bypasses yet?

For online yes. For games no.

Damn so nothings changed in ages then. at least the 3ds has / had a decent scene.

It's a scene that's getting worse and worse.
>Corbenik is dead
>Cakes is dead
>Luma is still a buggy mess

Cakes just got a patch. What bugs does Lima have? Ive been hacking since SYS 7 all the way up to 11.3 and haven't bothered with the newer firmwares.

>hacked PSP

Just use a fucking smartphone with an emulator, you nigga. (using 'nigga' instead of 'nigger' because I don't want to be racist)

One of the biggest issues with the homebrew scene in any modern console is that the corporates put more effort into hindering the already vulnerable scene. What used to be a few kids on irc fucking around with the system and finding new things (exploits, hidden commands such as the cd protection disable no$ found on the psx) is now a hype train of hoaxes, drama, cease and deist orders, inability to keep secrets before an exploit is release, and untalented programmers. Not to mention that good developers found better things to work on these days with the availability of SDKs they can play with a show off on their resume so there is not much time to tinker around with video gaymes

Ill buy one whenever a proper N64 emulator shows up

>hidden commands such as the cd protection disable no$ found on the psx
Could you tell me about this?

>3ds has / had a decent scene.
Literal faggots and transfaggots bitching for scraps

>using a smartphone instead of a psp with physical buttons
Negro please

consoles are made with same components as pc's, they are technology

The playstation 1 actually has an assembly command that disables the cdrom drives active copy protection (the "fingerprint" groove that normal cd rom drives cant write to and modchips have to inject on startup). because of this it is possible to softmod a ps1. nobody thought this could be done. What you need is a ps1 with an expansion cart slot and a game genie cartridge (if you really want to buy one and get the best features without problems, go for the Xplorer ultimate cheat cartridge it works the best for all my cds). you need to use the swap trick and a utility to flash the cartridge's rom to a modified one that runs the command (the rom is called UniRom, but I personally use one of the caetela if i spelled that right because it doubles as a debugger)
looks like someone made a video on it youtube.com/watch?v=kwl6fygKep0&t=128s
this is a fairly recent discovery but we already have a fully working method to have what you could call an external mod chip. The cartridge he used in the video though is trash because It constantly bugs out so I have to keep pressing the reset button and only works for half of my burned cds. Xplorer + modified caetela is the way to go.

at that point you're better off with PSIO
that is if those straya cunts decided to restock their shit already

I wonder if anything like that exists for PS1 games on PS2.

why the fuck hasnt anyone released a powerful up to date android device with psp level quality physical buttons yet.

PSIO sucks. it has spotty compatibility and you must solder the thing inside. Better off getting a swap disc or doing the expansion cart method.

nvidia shield

ps2 has FreeMCBoot and you dont even need any special hardware. Thats been around since 2008 and works with ps1 games if you get an elf that will run psx backups, for ps2 you use ESR which tricks your ps2 into thinking its a movie dvd, I don't use that anymore because I you can have all the games you want on a hard drive with OPL (Open Ps2 Loader).

>nvidia shield
2gbs ram
can't even play ps2 games.

I know all the shit about running ps2 games with opl, I'm just curious about ps1 games

We need this, I would purchase one in an instant.

I will never go back to swap discs while my friends watch me fuck around with my console open trying to get the right timing. do it once to install the expansion cart and you're done. just press play on the cheat device and it starts right up. As for PSIO, I didnt know you needed to solder it in and I've never tried it because its never available. Fucking kids thinking they can sell their epic cartridge with limited supply order pcbs out of hong kong and make them get the components and solder them in too just to make a quick buck is pathetic. I hope someone reverses their FPGA or better yet, just upload your code to a xplorer cart and debug realtime if you have an old ass pc with printer port.

Vita Goods:
- Retroarch works pretty damn good now. SNES, NES, GBA, PSX, all seem to be fine. You can even play some of the SNES chip games like Kirby Superstar and Mario RPG now that you couldn't on the original PSP.
- We have FTP file transferring but also USB transferring now.
- There are specialized SD-card adapters that fit in the game card slot for bypassing the pro stick duo trio quadrupo fuckaroo cards Sony sells
- Still plays PSP games and is compatible with all PSP homebrew, and a lot of steam indie titles were ported to it, more than you'd think.
- Moonlight streaming on an all-in-one console is a decent alternative to using a phone and a gamepad.
- Someone ported AM2R to this shit and it's in the homebrew browser holy fuck that's cool.
- DOOM emulator works a treat

VITA BADS
- Games released after 3.60 firmware don't work on a hacked Vita. So no Darkest Dungeon or Stardew Valley for you!
- Plugins can be hit and miss
- Sometimes shit just doesn't work just "because".
- Battery is dogshit
- Most Vita games are terrible or are anime fuckboi text adventures.

At least that's what this paper says, anyway.

Like I said, There is an ELF program out there but I forget what its called. I do think you might need a legit psx disc iirc

>SNES, NES, GBA, PSX, all seem to be fine.
disagree, I'm getting shit framerates in many GBA games. And a few intensive SNES games like Final Fantasy have slowdown too.
>tfw no gpu acceleration or even frameskipping on Retroarch

Nigger you dumb

homebrew general would be more suitable

>2gbs ram

2GB ram is enough for Android stock (it's not Touchjizz)

I can't believe than the Shield Tablet is still one of the most powerfull android tablet with the Pixel C.

Is there any Windows emulator on that thing? i wanna play Jazz Jackrabbit 2

>battery is dogshit
if your vita doesn't have the low battery glitch, it's not that bad. vita can last for weeks in standby mode

if you can get your hands on a old gameshark disc, you can play imports and pirated copies of PS1 games on PS2. what you do is boot up the gameshark with no cheats enabled, when it asks you to swap the disc use a swap tool to open the drive and put in your burned cd-r then lock the drive with the swap tool and boot it up.

>Most Vita games are [...] anime fuckboi text adventures.
>implying that's a bad thing

That's a vita

Can confirm. Just get the old model

Want to get into hacking my psvita but need to wait till I can get replacement thumbsticks for it, when I got it the right thumbstick didn't work and most of the games I got require it, sucks cause the other hardware inside could be nice for tweaking with, besides finding a way to not use the proprietary sd cards.

Where do you get a replacement thumbstick? Mine has terrible drift.

There are a few ports. Like I said, AM2R was ported by some lonely cuck somewhere so I suppose it's possible.

There are multiple places you can get them, on ebay you can find psvita repair kits that come with common parts like a set of screws and the thumbsticks. If you find the shit on ebay is a bit much, you can try your luck on alibaba, but you might not see it for a good 2 months.
Another thing you can try is get another ps-vita for cheap, then cannibalize it for parts when your vita needs them.

vita emulator when?

That's a Vita, fag.

It is.

shut the FUCK up you dumb weeb

FW hacks FTW
I remember getting lemonings for the old PSP so I could use an exploited to downgrade the FW to a later version

literal black people

studies show that a disproportionate amount of black people like anime

If i stream PC games to my vita using moonlight, for lower latency, does the resolution settings on the PC matters or only the ones in the moonlight does?

>assembly command
It's not really assembly, it's literally just sending commands to the CD ROM Port.

SecretUnlockPart1 - Command 50h --> INT5(11h,40h)
SecretUnlockPart2 - Command 51h,"Licensed by" --> INT5(11h,40h)
SecretUnlockPart3 - Command 52h,"Sony" --> INT5(11h,40h)
SecretUnlockPart4 - Command 53h,"Computer" --> INT5(11h,40h)
SecretUnlockPart5 - Command 54h,"Entertainment" --> INT5(11h,40h)
SecretUnlockPart6 - Command 55h, --> INT5(11h,40h)
SecretUnlockPart7 - Command 56h --> INT5(11h,40h)

Also it isn't really a recent discovery. It's been known for years now but most people just use modchips. If you're interested in how the PSX works check this page out: problemkaputt.de/psx-spx.htm

wtf i love niggers now

>playing games designed for physical controls on a touchscreen

I was in Shinjuku in Tokyo looking around for prostitutes with a Japanese friend once, and the guy we found who would arrange for our meeting with the girls had all their pictures on a PSP that he handed to us and let us flip through to make our choice.

That is my only experience with a PSP.

The PSP was way ahead of it's time, that even Sony didn't realise it. The idea having homebrew apps on large screen, where you could do anything, browse the web, play games, etc on a ultra portable device was amazing back in the day.

The homebrew community gave Sony a billion dollar idea, but they pissed up the wall because 'muh piracy' and then apple came along and wrecked them.

This was found in 2013 and wasn't really used until about 2015 so in terms of the console's life span it is pretty recent.

They're a Japanese company what do you expect?
Their tight lipped corporate culture was the reason they were cucked by the american industry which allows for consumer experimentation, open platform, and API level integration with other products. Japan only recently stopped coding entire engines from scratch and has yet to even talk with other companies in their field.

>tfw the PSP is so superior you can use it to select your nihongo scort
clearly the best device ever

The widescreen display allows you to see the full body!

>tfw the PSP is so superior you can use it to select your nihongo scort
>your nihongo scort
>nihonGO scort
>日本語 scort

>playing games outside the safe space of basement
>not just emulating everything with i7 8700
effing normalscum losers

NVIDIA Shield

>- Most Vita games are terrible or are anime fuckboi text adventures.
youtube.com/watch?v=jmk0Nos3lPw

I just wish it could emulate SNES with any degree of stability.

THIS. I regret buying a psp. I never use the damn thing because I never leave my house.

how much did they cost?

>not streaming your emulator to vita so you can play BotW while lying in bed.

What can you do with a hacked psp? My last vidya consola was a gba

Like $150, and I was severly handicapped by being a foreigner. The guy had to call up the girls each individually and ask if they would do a non-jap.

The only reason they let me do it at all was because my Japanese was decent and according to the guy hooking us up I looked "handsome and nonviolent" (That's what he told the girls over the phone)

Play PSP and PS1 games, plus the hardware is pretty nice, good screens on the 3000 series, light, good battery, plus they are super easy to hack and there's adaptors for micro SD cards

>can't even run SNES emulators well

I bought a ps1 from this cool dude at a yard sale on Route 9 in New Jorsey and it plays burned games. He sold me an entire box of games for 10 bucks, half are burned and I played Evil Dead. He didn't mention it being modded in any way and it was dusty and he said he had it for years. Can I open it up and physically see the modchip?

Yes

>not using PPSSPP at 4x native resolution
>not using the extra shoulder buttons for emulation speedup to skip loading screens and otherwise slow things in games

if it plays games off regular cd-r's, then yes, it'll have a modchip in it
not much to look at though, they're all just plain looking 8-pin DIPs with some thin wires hanging off it, you may or may not need to remove the internal shield to see it, depending on how it was installed

like this

Would you be interested in Sup Forums client homebrew for PSP?

Yes

I'd be more interested in a freeshop clone but yes.

are you using a bios for GBA many people forget to because it'll run without but not using a GBA bios in retroarch seriously affects performance

>>Luma is still a buggy mess
In what regard?

I'm pretty sure I am, but I'll check. It's mandatory for gpSP right? Does it also improve VBA core?

I'm curious, why not psvita?

where can i get the meme s vita

how much can I sell a psp 1001 for

nothing, don't bother because it's not worth it