Best Laptop?

What is the best and smallest laptop for a college student? No shilling, just looking for solid well made opinions.

>inb4 muh thinkpad
Thinkpads don't count in this thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

techworm.net/2015/08/lenovo-pcs-and-laptops-seem-to-have-a-bios-level-backdoor.html
zdnet.com/article/lenovo-rootkit-ensured-its-software-could-not-be-deleted/
apple.com/macbook/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

macbook air

Pixelbook

librebooted thinkpad with debian gnu/hurd

This or if you're looking for something better with a better screen and faster, used MacBook Pro 2015

Lenovo Yoga's are probably the lightest most portable, powerful laptops. Go to a BestBuy near you and see for yourself. I suggest a 710 or 720, depending on your budget.

No. The MacBook Pro 13" 16GiB version is the best.

>looking for solid well made opinions.
>Thinkpads don't count

So you want something shit?

Spend $30 on an old X60 or about $100 on an X200/220 and save your money; you're going to poor in a few years.

Do you even need to ask?

Pic related, the best of the best.

HP Spectre x360
>15" (kys screenlets)
>4k glass touch display
>Convertible with smart pen stylus
>Samsung SSD in NVME pcie interface fo IO on the GB/s order of magnitude and batshit fast boot times
>16Gb RAM
>Kaby lake i7 dual core
>Insane battery life, even with loonix
>NVIDIA 940 mobile card for gaymes
>Bang and olofsun speakers
>USB type C out the ass, standard HDMI for times when you need it, SD slot and USB-A 3.0
>Thin as shit (kinda heavy)
>$1400 with student discount
Best laptop I've ever owned DESU, kicks this shit out of my 2015 retina MBP for work which I hated to love

They're pretty alright. The woman I'm dating has one. She normally leaves it on the ground next to our bed (why). Some morning I'll wake up, get out of bed, stretch, and realize I've been putting half my weight on the thing and it tanks it, no probs.

DONGLES
O
N
G
L
E
S

Macbook Air actually has ports, and is faster then A Macbook, which is pretty much just an iPad running macos.

>Shit tier keeb
>Memebar
>Medicore hardware
>Dongles for days
>Apple

Kill yourself.

2015 Macbrook

Recommend this or a small Yoga.

Which one specifically? I'd be looking for a 11' inch one.

>tfw 4 years of med school on a dual core x64 atom netbook running debian stable+mate with m$ office online with zero issues

Didn't use Linux for the freedumbs, idgaf there, it just runs a hell of a lot better than Windows, especially since netbooks were originally designed with linux in mind anyway before m$ started pushing OEMs to ship them with Windows starter editions.

what year of Macbook would be best?

MacBook pro

2015, best MacBooks they ever made. Take me back

samefag phoneposter

A MacBook Pro is definitely your best choice. The new MacOS is a gift from god.

triggered

What has to go wrong in someone's life that they end up like pic related and make threads like these 20x a day:

Fucking apple shills fuck off my Sup Forums!!!!!

Would recommend an iPad Pro. If you need to do coding, a MacBook Pro. The iPad Pro is godlike for note taking though.

just get a macbook you faggot

POO

IN

LOO

All these fucking apple shills Jesus fucking Christ.

Nice html edit you got there. We know you wifi tether to your laptop shill.

As for everyone else: see pic related. Tim cuck isn't happy with the laggy iPhone 8 Plus that spontaneously turns into a balloon.

Buy the 15 inch Surface Book 2

Imagine coming home to pic related every day.

Get a MacBook Pro.

>xD I use le epic loonix I'm a l33t hax0r look at my screenfetch xD
kys underage loonix faggots

t. retarded nigger apple shill
Develop in linux, windows for games and streaming because that battery life is better. Stay buttblasted, stupid faggot.

underated post

I like my 2017 12" MacBook, posted a thread about a week ago when I bought it, working great so far. Been using it since about 8 AM today (it's about 1:45 now) for class and homework, battery's still at a good 74%. Not even a shill, paid in full for this, though it is apple refurbished.

get a fucking thinkpad you faggot.
otherwise just get a macbook pro. airs suck.

POO

Either a Macbook or Macbook Pro 13"

IN

Look at how mad you are.

LOO

Price range? Preferences? What is best varies from person to person. Laptomag seems to have quite good and comprehensive reviews.

>shill that made gets banned

>all disappear

Shocking.

Mactoddler dildo riders are truly pathetic.

there really that many shills over apple recently? Jesus I bought this MacBook at the worst time then.

kys

motherfucker I just wanted a new machine that can out do and be lighter than my fucking FX-7500 laptop.

>thinkpads don't count in this thread

If you're a engineering student and consider Macbooks or anyother inferior shitbooks more "student" than Thinkpad you should jump off a bridge

Thinkpads are made for working and carrying everywhere. They are the definition of student laptop

here's what I have
T450
>portable and relatively small
>10 hour battery + I carry another one sometimes
>i5 5300i, HD5500, 8gb RAM, SSD 256gb
>indestructible, good for carrying anywhere
>the best and most tactile keyboard a laptop can provide
>antiglare screen, can use it anywhere with ease
>water spill resistant
>450 euros brand new with 4 year guarantee

If anything get yourself a thinkpad just because of the keyboard applefag

I already posted it but get a Macbook or Macbook Pro 13".

There's a reason why everyone uses them.

Anyone who suggests getting a thinkpad is fucking idiot:

techworm.net/2015/08/lenovo-pcs-and-laptops-seem-to-have-a-bios-level-backdoor.html

How many times are you going to take a dick in the ass before you admit you are gay?

Do you really believe that Apple is paying shills to spam Sup Forums?

Think about it for a minute.

Don't you ever get tired of being banned Poojeet?

you really have to be a thickheaded idiot to post shit like this. In this article, thinkpads aren't even listed as affected nor potentially affected. Even if they are, I'd rather have an accidental backdoor than a forced backdoor apple leaves and uses

Besides, does it really matter if I am using it as a students laptop. What are they going to hack and steel, my e-books ? My programming practice codes ? Maybe my ee schemes ?
Unless you're using it for some high confidential files none's gonna bother you because you're data is useless

forgot the pic

>they are hacking me but it's ok because I have nothing to steal

ok-kid.png

But they aren't hacking me you fucking faggot, you provided some source that doesn't even prove the claims you hold

It doesn't even fucking mention Thinkpads you faggot

top kek. but i will still take a mac

>t. mactoddler

>They didn't include a backdoor in my particular notebook, so it's ok.

Seriously you know how fucking stupid you sound?

Here let me reverse it for you:
>Apple ONLY included a backdoor in some of their products. Not the one I own.

Go ahead and explain it away while I laugh at you.

I bet the dick feels real good doesn't it, no homo though, right?

Thinkpad x230 Tablet
Add massive SSD/HDD, battery, get some gainz, and you'll never go back.

MACTODDLERS

BLOWN

THE

FUCK

OUT

>Posts an exploit when we are talking about preinstalled backdoors.

zdnet.com/article/lenovo-rootkit-ensured-its-software-could-not-be-deleted/

How does that chinese dick feel in your ass?

Reported died two days later from two shots in the back of the head suicide

you do get it that it is possible to find a backdoor into any system right ? No computer or PC is hackproof, they will always find a way

Typing "backdoor" into google search gives you results for every company out there. Even if that shit link you provided doesn't claim thinkpads have backdoors, they probably do, as every laptop and PC does

using argument "hurr durr thinkpads have backdoors" is stupid because every laptop has a backdoor
And using this argument is even more stupid if you have nothing to back your claims, while this lad here doesGO SUCK A DICK

>preinstalled backdoors.

Self explanatory

X230 with X220 keyboard

Yes.
You fags won't stay in a dedicated general

>ideapads
Lmao@u

redpill me on thinkpad 13.
is it good?

It is the kind of computer you might get if you don't need anything too heavy. It suits that purpose very well

They are a hive mind, they do it for political reasons

the most intensive thing i'll run on it is probably unity.
do you think i need an i5 for that?
let alone $600 for something i won't use as much as my pc?

Would you say the same thing about the MacBook Air?

A macbook
apple.com/macbook/

Think of it as a reasonably priced MacBook Air

what does a macbook air do

Let you surf the web. Apple basically tricked people into thinking computers are like humans. Thinner means better right?

never buy a dell, they engineered the power socket to contain the bendable metal connectors, not the power plug, which means replacing the power brick isn't going to fix your problem when the laptop cannot be recharged (they fucking know what they are doing, they even put power sockets on their own separate daughter boards because they expect people to send in their laptops for repair). Acer, on the other hand, puts the bendable metal pins on the power plug, so you can just replace the power brick when the pins bend too much.

Throttle, overheat, then explode.

Thinkpad T25

or you know, you can not bend your fucking charge port until the point where you think acer laptops aren't abysmal pieces of shit.

Yeap, and thinner just means easier to pick up. Disgusting homosexuals. Also, the shape of the iPhone is like a penis, so people think bigger means better. The color is meant to be reminiscent of skin color, so one might want one with the same color as oneself.

dude the apple "shilling" is trolling/falseflagging and people keep falling for it

macbook 2015 model with the magsafe

>Most of the spam is actually the people that can't handle someone saying Macbook in a recommendation thread
>they continue to insist its Apple thats shilling and spamming
really makes me think

dell xps

This x1000

Its mostly people with a political agenda. Apple mainly tries to brainwash people into thinking that the virtual world is reality, hence the human body part shaped products. By shilling Apple these people hope to make people more easy to control.

Imagine being this retarded.

XPS 13 is perfect. And you can get a near mint used one for cheap.

XPS 13 Kaby Lake. Don't listen to the rest of these memers.

The new Razor Blade Stealth.

Nothing.
Comes.
Close.

Spectre is better senpai

>buying razer shit ever

Yes, it is retarded to try to attempt the same tricks Apple is trying to pull as people won't be happy to find out. However my logic is on point

thinkpad x230

Mac Air hands down. It really blows your mind how shit other laptops are in comparison. Its like you are using alien technology.