Let's say someone living at Vostok Station posted on Sup Forums. What would their flag be?

Let's say someone living at Vostok Station posted on Sup Forums. What would their flag be?

Rus

I think it's just the ISP of the country they work for, so that flag.

I think the only place with a true antarctic flag would be the that station at the south pole.

How many cunts own that land? I think Chile shares land with Argentina, Norway and the UK.
How does that even work?

I'm pretty sure the US owns it (as they own the rest of the world except china)

pretty sure the continent is free to use by any country only if it's in the name of science and not exploitation.

>shares land
Nope just British.. I think you have a couple of degrees that don't overlap ours though, which is good for (You). Bad luck Argentina!

No country, besides perhaps the US in what would be the greatest faux-pas in modern history, has even the slightest chance of actually enforcing a territorial claim there

although if you had to pick a winner from Chile, Argentina and the UK, who might you pick..?

>tfw an island of sheep and penguins holds enough firepower to rek the entire Southern Cone

>all that unclaimed land

Our Greatest Ally 10/10 times before Brexit, maybe 8/10 times right now, we'll see how this progresses in the next couple of years.

forgot pic

cheers AB x

We have a base here, but i don't think we own any land.

that's because all claims are frozen by the treaty

I wonder what would happen once the treaty expires

>tfw it happens in your lifetime

this flag depends on the IP, which is given by the service provider. you could be posting from Cocos Island but if your provider is australian, an aussie flag will appear

rofl NZ's clay is pretty shitty

Ours is pretty shitty too

because chile is shitty, but i'm surprised at nz

You're wrong. NZ's clay is top tier since it's a vast expanse of coastal clay. Everything else in Antarctica is just useless.

fairly sure most of antarctica is equally shitty

You'd think that a country literally right next to it would have more claim over it, but no, we can't do that.

you never know when you will find oil or diamonds in that shit or something

this desu. the north is where it's at.

It doesn't just expire, a certain amount of the signatories to the treaty have to agree to lift it and there must be a regulatory body put in place if it is lifted. The oil and gas reserves haven't been proven to be as large as some claim too. Still a little worried tho

Fucking french cunts trying to weasel their way in

You do know that there is nothing commercially viable to extract except for coal. By the time that whatever deposits exist, if they do that is well beneath the surface, become viable, humanity will already have begun mining asteroids.

hell I don't fucking know about antarctica I just assumed actual land would be better than frozen water but thanks man

The thing is that if actually exposed land appears deep within the continent something unspeakably wrong happened to the rest of the terrestrial ecosystem. Furthermore, due to the weight of all that ice, a lot of the continent is now underwater and would have to wait for post-glacial rebound.