You might not like it: but there is no significant difference between 2011 machines and the newest computers of 2017

You might not like it: but there is no significant difference between 2011 machines and the newest computers of 2017

Other urls found in this thread:

cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel Core i5-2550K @ 3.40GHz
cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel Core i5-8600K @ 3.60GHz&id=3100
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how about screen resolutions

>GPUs then had big numbers
>GPUs now have small numbers

Checkmate, faggot

I can render twice as fast on my 2017 laptop for the same price as my 2011 laptop.

>only twice as fast in a 6 year difference

Moore's law, thermal limits, tunnel problems at super high frequencies, etc.

Sorry friendo but if you don't think there's a significant difference between a GTX 560 and a 1080 you're either an idiot or a troll.

>gaming cards are an important indicator of progress
Looks like you're a fuckin manchild

>Processor advancements are a significant indicator of progress

yes in fact they are.

more coarz
more battery lyfe
better igpu

cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel Core i5-2550K @ 3.40GHz

cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel Core i5-8600K @ 3.60GHz&id=3100

You're either a le gaymur or you don't do anything productive with your computer. Either way, opinion disregarded.

Its hard to find a machine faster than my W530 these days that doesn't cost over a grand and a half. Especially if I had the 3940XM and K2000 GPU.

my laptop has a 1060gtx OP, go suck a dick, fag.

GPUs have got more powerful while CPUs have merely got more efficient.

I get it. You need a good reason to justify the continued shilling of thinkpads. I'd still rather buy a Macbook though.

>You might not like it: but there is no significant difference between 2011 machines and the newest computers of 2017
You might not like it: but you just got btfo and you're trying to derail the thread

Chinkpads don't use 2017 technology in the first place. Kaby Lake R is the largest performance jump in laptop CPUs we have seen in years.

My X220t vs a newer yoga, the newer yoga comes out on top in pretty much every regard.
Asides from the keyboard, everything's been an upgrade from the x220t.

>only x2 faster
>2
>2 is a small number
>I am smart

hahaha

they've been getting lighter, though, which is great for work
at the cost of less ports though but nothing that can't be remedied
if I wanted to haul heavy luggage I'd just do construction work but I don't

>facebook
kys

You're absolutely right user. It's depressing.

*Ring ring*
2012 is calling.

>if I wanted to haul heavy luggage I'd just do construction work but I don't

If you call a laptop heavy luggage, chances are you are a numanlet who needs to go back.

Laptops are overpriced and use shit hardware. When will company not be jewish for once and give us something good for once.