Is it worth it to learn this children's language?

Is it worth it to learn this children's language?

it very useful yes you should kindly learn it

prototyping is okay
not in production please

whay not?

(You)

your old thread isn't even dead yet

The go to for stats, because nobody uses R.

Just learn go instead.

I'm not that other guy.

learn every language you can you chucklefuck knowledge is a reward unto itself

Amen

Except philosophy, because that's just misery. Especially metaphysics.

The science majors I know in undergrad use it. I don't know for what but I've overheard it mentioned.

>Is it worth it to learn this children's language?
honestly, no.

it's ok.

js or lua are better scripting languages though.

It's the best all-round programming language I know. You can use it to do shell scripting, gui programming, web development, data science, digital forensics, ai programming, you name it. There are still some use cases where it wouldn't be optimal, but if it's not obvious, I would try to solve it with Python. There's an interesting talk by David Beazley about why Python is a great Suisse knife but I forgot it's title. He explains how he had to analyze some million lines of old code in different programming languages for a lawsuit. The other party forced them to do it in special bunkers on computers without network connection and that's where he learned to love Python because he wrote himself the tools needed to do the job.

What is wrong with all you faggots. "Learning" python literally took me 2 days. It's just another tool in the toolbox. Fucking brainlets.

Damn you must watch a lot of Rick and Morty to be that intelligent eh?

Go is overrated, faggot

I think my friend was taught on py for physics and then they moved them on to c++

new thread:

Start learning nim

This. Python right now is unparalleled in terms of versatility and how quickly you can get your application up and running. Python is also practically lingua franca for scientific programming. Julia may change this in the future, but we're not there yet.

This.

Python for prototypes and getting shit done fast.

Nim for anything that requires performance.

What's the point of prototyping in a different language?

No, learn Ruby instead, it's better.

It's useful if you want to mock something as a prove of concept without considerations of performance.

Python is great for bashing out something that works. If you want something optimal, there are other options. And even so, python has the ability to run C code too, so if you have a specific algorithm that needs to be ran efficiently, you can plug that into your general scripting.

Watching a high iq show is just a side effect of high iq not a cause you fucking brainless moronic degenerate.