You don't need more than 2gb vram they said

>you don't need more than 2gb vram they said
>3.5gb on the 4gb 970 was enough for everybody they said
>8gb of system ram is enough for gaming they said
why is /g always wrong?

Everyone laugh at this Sup Forums tier thread. Bait that's past expired.

>hurr stop making me feel shit about my 10 year old chinkpad that was shit even at release

Waaaaa how can I run mah pubg meme shit now

who are you quoting??

>pubg
>meme
pick one and only one

>using a thinkpad for playing gaymes
>playing gaymes at all

I don't think you know how it works.

>8gb of system ram is enough for gaming they said
actually it is judging by the fact that your using 7.2.gb right now. just in case you can't tell, 7 is, in fact, lower than 8.

Lol you are joking right?

Why do people play this shit game when superior Rust and Arma exist?

And yet pubg will run like shit no matter how much ram and vram you have

someone doesn't understand ram. if you have 8gb of ram and your system is using above 5gb, windows will go ahead and start swapping like crazy to disk. and in many cases prevent the game from even using above X amount in the first place as windows will try to prevent applications from coming close to maxing out ram to prevent system crashes.

thus causing performance regressions because of it. limiting yourself because you want to be a poor peasant isn't a valid reason.

>I don't think you know how it works.
i don't think you know how it works seeing how you are considering the most played game at the moment as a meme. but hey i guess you're a hipster shit who likes to sit there and masturbate to cartoon girls complaining about people being manchildren for playing games as you jerk one off to a cartoon.

>most played game of the moment
>Not a meme

What planet am I on right now?

Maybe in 2015.

a planet where the possibility the most played games not being a meme because you say it is. did you ever stop to think that its the most played game not because its shit, but because people, actually, like it and consider it fun?

i know its cool to hate what a lot of people find fun but not even one is a hipster shit who only likes obscure shit.

Your system uses more ram if you have it retard.

>your system uses more ram if you have it
>but you don't need more than 8gb of ram because your system won't use it
>but if you have more than 8gb of ram your system will use it and benefit from it
>but you don't need more than 8gb of ram because your system won't use it.

Have you ever heard of diminishing returns? I could take out 8GB of your ram and if you're just gaming you will never notice even if you benchmark your fps

shitty software is not a valid justification for needing better hardware

Just like I'm not going to buy an Intel CPU just because shit games like DCS and ARMAIII run better on it.

In fact, why don't you do this, OP? Take out 8GB and see if you notice a difference in any scenario. Benchmark it and come back with proof you're not a fag

i came from 8gb of ram and i noticed a big difference in many games. from pubg to battlefield 1.
>hurr all meme games
fuck off you hipster cunt

>tfw you have 1GB VRAM with 4GBs of RAM and everything you play runs fine

Ayyy

>poorly coded eternal access game
>blaming everyone but said game
You're retarded, right?

Also:

Yeah nice placebo. Can you quantify that difference? FPS went up? Less micro-stutter?

I've sat comfortably at 15.2gb used of 16gb no problems and non of it was written to disk

>post result showcasing an obscure game, planetary annihilation a few months back where it was using 8gb of ram and get called an idiot playing a game no one cares about
>post results showcasing the most played game at the moment and get called an idiot playing a meme and lectured how "unoptimized software" doesn't count even though nearly everyone and their kitchen sink is playing it
/g is more like /v than it wants to admit. you hate everything like /v hates nearly every game.

i call bullshit on that. with fallout 4 with all my mods i had it using 13gb of ram out of my 16gb with pagefile disabled in windows and windows purposefully crashed the game and giving an error of low ram space available and crashing the application to prevent a system crash.

You could post a SS of TWWH 1 or 2 literally giving you a message on the screen screen saying "your running out of vram, lowering settings".
But you didn't, even then just because "everyone is playing it" or "its a good game" don't change the fact that it has shit coding.

Very rarely you have good games that are designed well like the witcher 3 for example.

>Bethesda engine
>with tons of mods
>not crashing

Just delete your post.

>pagefile disabled
>application has a memory leak
>windows has to close it

>REEEEEEEEEEE I NEEED MORE RAM FOR MY GAYMEN YOU GUYS ARE JUST RETARDED

I played Fallout 4 from start to finish with mods on 8 gigs of RAM with the pagefile disabled, you're a dumbass. The only reason it can't run on 2-4 (or at least couldn't on launch) is because Bethesda is shit at optimization.