It's up

It's up.

It's over.

>1600x literally within 5 frames
>No 1700 seen
Jesus christ intel is finished, these reviewers are getting desperate

Someone pointed out his 9 game average charts are incorrect. It does not change the results much but they are not correct nonetheless.

should anyone bother getting coffee lake processors with Ice Lake processors just right after it?

Why is it always this blue hexagon faggot shilling

The difference at 1440p (my preferred res) is not that great. However as has been pointed out, if you were to get an even faster GPU later on (Navi etc) the differences would become more obvious even at the higher resolutions.

I am glad he made sure MCE was off so at least these are indeed at stock settings.

The 8400 puts AMD in a problematic position right now. The price of fast memory means that the price difference when buying a Z370 motherboard is moot. By the time you pay for that memory you may as well buy cheaper memory and get the Intel motherboard and 8400.

AMD really need to deliver on Zen+

>The 8400 puts AMD in a problematic position right now.
lol
the guaranteed 2.8Ghz and requiring a n expensive mobo is terrifying

Do you actually think it wont be time to upgrade your cpu regardless of what you get now by the time gpus reach 144fps at 1440p?

Pay $60 more for 3200Mhz DDR4 or $60 more for the motherboard and get a faster CPU for gaming. Pick your poison.

the fucking what

Checked
The 1600x is faster than the 1700.
Only the top 10% of 1700 can hit 3.9-4.0ghz.
If anything, using the 1600x is the best case scenario.

I am already getting around 100 fps in many games at 1440p. It's not that far off.

Is english hard for you?

8400 doesn't do jack. It is literately a Ryzen 1600 in workloads that take advantage of the extra threads. It is only faster at single and dual-thread apps because the Turbo speed isn't gimped as hard.

8400 is a workhorse CPU on a budget. For gayming on a budget, stick with 7600K or 8350K.

Not on the mid-tier gpus. If you're looking at a 8400 or 1600 odds are you aren't looking to spend $500+ on gpu.

An overclock 1600 at 3.8-3.9 still better then 8400

AMD will probably lower the prices a bit until next launch. I think this is what Intel did, they're selling cheap to fuck AMD. Viva la concurrencia.

I was thinking forward a year or two. But yeah I see your point. AMD will drop Zen2 by then anyhow but right now the 8400 is stilla great buy for gaming (not so much for eveything else).

Lol try to run cemu on poozen and then kill youtself in shame

I meant for 1080p gaming (brain ahead of fingers).

good to see my 7700k at 4.9ghz won't need to be upgraded for probably another five years.

you not guarantee to get all core at 3.8. 8400 is pure shit.
and you can still overclock 1600 @ 3.8-3.9 and it will do better

holy shit, this kills the fast ram meme

The atrocity taht 8400 is is not even close to great.
Fucking locked cpu with 2.8G rated speed and 3.8 if you win the chip lottery and pay out of your ass for a good mobo.
Fuck this shit

My 8400 works as advertised i dont knoe why you retatded keep unirinicly quoting dumb shit adoredtv says

Yeah I noticed he had a sample processor. He should go out and buy a fucking retail 8400 and test it. But we shall see when the H and B series boards drop whether the 8400 will shit itself or not.

Retarded lol wtf has this board come too

>dat pajeet grammar

Phone posting with a wrist brace on and auto complete off lol

>adored

someone who can speak actual english please

AMDIOTS BTFO

INTEL ON TOP

You must speak some weird fucking hillbilly or something. I don't see the issue. He speaks just fine. We speak the queens English over here. Not that drawling shit you yanks call a language.

it funny how intel shill defend this trash bin chip. but but it work on my machine

I can understand him its just dreadful and I can't stand staying the whole video

>adoredtv sayed all 8400s run at 2.8ghz on b and h boards and it must be true because he wouldnt lie like the known lying shill he is

Why are you even obsessed with some small channel
did he even make a video on 8400
why are you pajeets so mad

>sayed
Stopped right there

He did not say that shill. He said that the binning of 8400 chips is the lowest of the low as you go down the performance scaling of Coffee Lake and not to expect them ALL to run at 3.8Ghz.

8400's are those chips that did not make the cut. With Ryzen you stand more chance of getting to 3.9-4Ghz due to 80% binning on their wafers.

He said they wont turbo to full speed on b and h boards and people keep repeating it because they are stupid and beleive his bullshit

Oh wow another fucking chart. You can see the difference if you look through a microscope

You've got problems.

There's no point getting anything. New shit is always out a few months later.

He did not say it as fact. He hypothesized based on how he believes the architecture scales. Quit telling porkies.

>Testing the i5-8400 with 3200 mhz ram

He said it and people repeat it.

You have dialect issues.

If you dont speak yee old english like me and my fellow bongs your not smart

its Scottish tho

>your
>.

Bongs are objectively the smartest people. Even invented Rick and Morty, you absolute fucking brainlet.

And?

>all this AMD damage control

>sayed

>All these Pajeet posts

Kek

that's pretty damn good

>Pay $60 more for 3200Mhz DDR4
For 2x16GB, sure. Someone budget-conscious enough to be seriously considering an 8400 is probably much more likely to go for 2x8GB or even 2x4GB, though.
Also, I wouldn't like using 2133 Mhz RAM for an Intel CPU either.

>2017
>still recc'ing an 8350

wewewewew laaaaaaaad

>Intel i3 8350K
>AMD FX-8350

Ryzen has one big advantage though. You can actually get one.

Thats true

lmao

>60 dollars more
wat?

Yes finally a battle for my wallet is what I want.

All the mobos are expensive...

Zen on 12LP will pretty much catch it up.

Zen 2/+ will probably pass Intel's offerings completely unless they put out a mainstream 8-core for $400-500

>implying benchmarks for chips that you won't be able to buy for another 3 months really matter

I guess there isn't a huge difference if you put those 2 brands of ram next to each other.

I haven't been paying attention to Intel lately - have they fixed their PCIE lane and memory channel deficit with the 300 series?

it does because its not like AMD is going to come out with anything new in 3 months.

No clue. I'm actually not in the market for an upgrade, so I'm not really keeping up to closely.

Unless you're planning on waiting 3 months, it doesn't matter. And if you're planning on waiting 3 months, you might as well wait 4-5 and see what Zen+ has to offer

>have they fixed their PCIE lane and memory channel deficit with the 300 series?
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Sauce?

holy shit, 7700k owners blown the everloving fuck out.

Good to see AMD hanging in there. Thank fuck we're past bulldozer.

And to add, they churned out so few of the 8XXX series chips that what has been given out should arguably be considered prototypes. Allegedly there have been less than 1k units shipped per chip.

The real production run might be better, and it might be worse.

Ryzen, at least when it came out, gave you more PCIE lanes than just about any intel config and more memory channels than most intel configs.

I do not know if that is still true

>Do you want best gaming CPU?
>Do you want best multicore CPU?
Ryzen 1800x

what is the point of 8700k??

it catches Intel up on mobo features (I think)

top 10% of 1700....u w0t m8

Ryzen 7 1700
70% reach 3.9GHz @ 1.408V

And this was around launch time.

really now

Why people say ryzen has bad ipc when it's almost as fast as fuckin 7700k? I was thinking of getting a 1600x, should i get it now or wait for ryzen+?

waitâ„¢ is a tricky thing, you can always wait for better thing but you also should wait for a better thing.

If you are satisfied with your current PC don't buy new one.

>Ryzen, at least when it came out, gave you more PCIE lanes than just about any intel config and more memory channels than most intel configs.
From what I just read:
The 8400 has 16 pcie 3.0 lanes on chip, and 24 on the z370 chipset. So 40 pcie 3.0 lanes total with this chipset.
The 1800x has 20 pcie lanes with 4 dedicated to m.2, and 4 on the x370 chipset (split into 8 PCI 2.0) 16 useable + 4 dedicated to m.2 + 4 (dynamically split into 8 pcie 2.0) giving you 24/28 pcie lanes?

So maybe intel fixed whatever issue that was?
Another thing I read is that ryzen (AMD cpus in general) suffer from an NPT bug with linux KVM/Qemu where gpu passthrough suffers a noticeable hit in performance if enabled, and the cpu recieves a noticeable dip in performance if disabled. I'm guessing this is a big deal to some.

my current pc sports an fx-6350 so no i am certainly far from satisfied, i wonder if it's worth it to wait a bit since i did for so long, gaymen is the most demanding task i will be using it for

What site? I used newegg.

if you get a decent enough board, you should just be able to drop Ryzen+ in if it's that much better.

As the resolution goes higher, the work load is shifted to the GPU. Basically at any sensible resolution (1440p+), the differences between CPUs disappear. Reviewers like to exaggerate the differences in chips by lowering the resolutions to unrealistic levels.

newegg

i'm a poorfag so i won't be changing cpus that often, and yeah i know about the gpu bottleneck but still, i am trying to get the best option for demanding gaymen, but it seems it might be better to go with amd and spend more on better ram than give more money for intel mobo that's not gonna do jack for performance

Is 3200 mhz ram cheaper then the slower ram?

Without cheaper boards from Intel, Ryzen is still the superior price to performance. Can't go wrong with the 1600.

Do you think i could reuse the cooler i used on my fx-6350, 212 evo or i would need a new one?

cooler master will give you an am4 bracket for free
at least Cryorig did that for me when I went from a 8320 to a 1600

If Pinnacle Ridge is only 10% faster then Intel is finished.

okay one last dumb question - i will be able to use my r9 290 on the new mobo, right? I need to use it for a while before the new amd gpus come out or get some nvidia card.

>$60
hahaha.
check this intel shill out.

Nah GPUs arnt backwards compatible only 1080tis and Vega 64s work for now

Oh i guess i am back to waitâ„¢, thanks for the info m8