Gotta say, this feels /comfy/ as fuck

Gotta say, this feels /comfy/ as fuck.

Should I keep it?

I'd have to use it alongside Windows 7 because of school but otherwise I'm really enjoying how this looks and feels.

Yeah, Budgie's pretty comfy m8. I prefer XFCE, but only after a lot of tweaking--Budgie justwerks OOTB. It'll be even better once Budgie 11 rolls along.

If you like it, keep it. If you don't, don't. This is not hard.

Is Budgie good? I'm on Arch i3 currently but both Arch and a tiling Window Manager are a meme so I'm looking for an altenative.

I think Budgie is a bit bloated and slow but it is thematically consistent, which I like.

Looks sexy as fuck but it lacks a few features

Yep, this guy gets it.

It looks quite nice and works well out of the box. That being said, you may find the customization options and functionality of it to be quite limited, since it is Gnome-based after all. It's still certainly a work in progress, in my opinion.

If I installed whatever that is, and found myself looking at that desktop, holy cow what an anticlimax that would be. Even the thumbnail leaves me feeling drained.

What compels you people to stray off into these dead end distros?

No, Debian is better

Its all subjective, BUT personally I think thats comfy as hell, is that a theme already in solus?

Wow, wholesome Sup Forums. Haven't seen that in a while here

>more than 1GB ram after bootup

Can somebody explain?

unused ram is wasted ram, don't let him bully u
mostly just a meme from back in the day when people would brag about how their windows 2000 install used less RAM than windows XP and went from there.

I did a lot of distro hopping, wasting time with ricing and then I came across Solus. It boots faster than *buntu and budgie performs pretty good and gives me everything I need. So if you want a fast, good looking OS that just werks^tm then stick with it.

I'm not falling for it Kevin

>Mfw I'm tired of Manjaro Budgie
>Might jump to Manjaro KDE next if I like it enough from trying it out through live session

Seems to do enough for me. I'm not exactly a power user.

What don't you like about it? I'm curious.

How do I into XFCE ricing?

Yeah, it's just the standard Solus Budgie install.

>shitstemd

If it uses that much RAM just running the DE and basic OS processes, that's RAM you can't use on something else.

I had a budgie but it died.

Rip tiny peeper :(

I liked Solus, but I couldn't find any compelling reason to stick with it over Arch, it has far less documentation, a lot of small things are different and I couldn't be fucked relearning, plus I missed the AUR. Eopkg fucking sucks balls too.

if you like it, i don't but if you do have at it

>Eopkg fucking sucks balls
yep

Cool DE but until they slap a real package manager on it, into the trash it goes

Flight of Conchords.. My dude

I mean, does Solus really use that much ram just idling? Why the fuck? Budgie on Ubuntu is like 400-500MB so why would Solus use so much for?

fuck off kevin

install solus

I'd say systemd but Ubuntu has it too.

KEVIIIIIIIIN

Last time I tried it (a few months ago) it was still bug ridden so I went back to xfce. Xfce still master race.