OpenGL vs DirectX

OpenGL vs DirectX

Which one do you prefer?

OpenGL is for niggers
Direct x is for kikes but actually works well

i made a game in directX... do i have to pay any license for publish it?

>actually works well

OpenGL because DirectX is doomed.

Vulkan

OpenGL is on death parole tho (10 years or more it will take lol)
Vulkan is the new era boiisss

whichever one performs better at the time
fanboys are morons

vulkan bitch

Metal

Direct X is a direct pipeline to lock your shit down to NT kernel windows hell.
Avoid at all costs.

Vulkan is the new hotness.

VULKEN
U
L
K
E
N

OpenGL just because it's not Direct3D.

It's still retarded though. They made many mistakes in the past when speccing simple things like having more than one texture in the "device" at once, and the API suffers from that cancer to this day because we never got the clean redesign 3.0 was supposed to be.

The stupid shit even ended up in OpenGL ES and WebGL specs so it'll be around for a long time even as desktop graphics APIs are moving on.

Maybe somebody will implement a nice mid-level API on top of Vulkan or something some day.

I kind of like OpenGL because it lets me do what I want to do but it's got a lot of baggage. Vulkan is nice but it's hard work but it also makes you think about what you're doing which is neat.

I have avoided direct3d entirely mostly for platform reasons.

Vulkan is cross-platform but I hear it's hard to work with. OpenGL is also cross-platform and easier to work with but less powerful.

DirectX is a shit but works well enough on wangblows.

>DirectX
Garbage vender lock in bullshit

>OpenGL
Better than DirectX but not amazing

>Vulkan
Perfection

Glide API

I wish the freetards would write decent, competitive APIs. Same shit with OpenCL vs Cuda.

Hi gramps.
Vulkan is better than D3D12 at about just everything (courtesy of AMD though).
>we never got the clean redesign 3.0 was supposed to be.
You can thank nshttia nad friends for killing Longs Peak.

basically just a subset of opengl, these days we have opengl es that serves a similar purpose

Vulkan is piece of garbage.

Ahem, you mean Metal 2.

>Having to submit shit triangle-at-a-time
Three times more efficient than OpenGL, but it still sucks.

>can't even spell Vulkan

Glide32.dll

Vulkan.

Vulkan > openGL > dx

>all these people saying vulkan when it's literally just opengl

Poo in the loo, Satya.
Actually it's
Vulkan > DX > OGL

Vulkan is NOTHING like OGL.

Performance depends on the version of oGL and dx. Either way oGL beats dx simply because it's multi-platform.

That's like saying dx12 is just like dx7.

Does vulkan even have proper support yet?

What are you even asking? Yes, it does. It's been usable for a long time now. See: dota2, DOOM. Both AMD and NVidia support Vulkan.

This

Listen faggots if vulkan so great why there is no vulkan game for linux?

OpenGL:
Just awful, but """works""" everywhere.

DirectX:
Slightly better than OpenGL, but not without its own bad decisions. Just remember, if you use it, you're reinforcing Microsoft's evil empire for free and you should consider how much of a cuck that makes you.

Vulkan:
Actually kind-of well designed. Better than OpenGL and DirectX, including Direct3D 12. Unfortunately, it's designed for enginedevs, not for you. You can't use it directly without writing enough boilerplate to drive you insane.

OpenGL is full of old immediate mode functions and is for lazy niggers (like myself).
Direct3D is for gay Microsoft retards that don't give a shit about anybody that doesn't use windows.
Vulkan is for the type of guy that has 5 years to waste trying to draw a single fucking polygon.

?

Better than OpenGL does, that's for sure. Meritocracy is a bitch, ain't it?

"game developers" this days don't work with dx or ogl directly either. They use shitty gamemaker tier constructors like unreal engine.

D44M works worse on Vulkan for me. GeForce 770.

>GeForce 770.
Found the cause

Outdated. You need a 2015+ GPU if you want to use Vulkan.

runs like pigshit on my gtx 1060, even menus chug along at about 15fps. it's just broken on nvidia laptops

OpenGL for sure and it's a shame that it has died off, it looks and runs much better on Unreal Engine 1 and idTech3 games. The last decent DirectX was DX9. Also I swear that every single shitty "unoptimized" game nowadays is running on DX11 and having to deal with its resource hogging.

Most of these posts read like opinions from Sup Forumsirgins who base their knowledge on in-game graphics settings and benchmark charts.