heh
heh
heh

>Wangbongs

36GB DDR4 Memeory reporting in

Everything runs so much faster with that amount of memory

One or more of your running program is leaking memory

your mums cunt is also leaking bitch

What is that picture supposed to establish, wintoddler?

nah im doing labs for class atm

How'd you do that? Quad channel 8GB sticks plus an extra 4GB?
And the better question is, why'd you do that?

64GB DDR4 here, muh VMs

>tfw fell for 32gb @ 3200Mz

placebo

DDR3 ECC is cheap, yo.

I can't into math cause I am a fucking retard. I meant 32GB

My bad

I tried to warn you

lol, have fun running out of RAM and watching as your entire system slows down to a crawl as it switches to swap

>Windows 10 x64
>2 Gb of RAM (only 1.60 Gb are usable)
>Been using it for over 2 years
>The only thing that ever used more than 1 Gb of ram was SK EV
>It used about 1.2 Gb of ram
>Still ran it with problems
Keep buying more ram goys, you need at least 32Gb of ram! don't be a ramlet!

>run 4GB of ram
>everything is fine
>chrome takes an extra second to start after awhile
>go to the store
>buy another 4GB
>take it home
>turns out my motherboard only has two slots and they're full
>go back to store
>buy new motherboard
>go back home
>install the x2 2GB and x1 4GB sticks
>try putting CPU in
>it doesn't slip in
>pull the flap down by force and close the case
>PC doesn't boot
>open it up
>CPU tabs are bent
>turns out my new motherboard doesn't take my old CPU
>go back to store
>buy new CPU
>install it in my new motherboard
>start it up
>works again
>open chrome
>it doesn't load any faster
YOU TOLD ME 8GB WASN'T A MEME Sup Forums
WHAT THE FUCK I LITERALLY SPENT $482 ON THIS SHIT

>tfw you only bought 8 gigs because a shitty unoptimized game refused to launch otherwise, and never used it for anything since

I even turned off my swap file because I never touch it.

>he doesn't use hibernation mode when away from his computer
laughing-girls.jpg

That's not what the swap file is for, and I usually just put it to sleep.

The swap file absolutely does get used for hibernation mode. Putting it to sleep is fine and dandy, but for those of us who use full disk encryption, hibernation mode or regular shutdown is the only way to keep our data secure while away from the computer

It's not our fault you're an idiot who makes impulsive purchases without doing research first.

I think you mean the hibernation file, unless you're talking about the one specifically named swapfile.sys that was introduced in Windows 8, and isn't actually the file used for swap. And if you're afraid of someone breaking into your home to steal your data, you're doing at least five things wrong.

128GB of Registered DDR3 ECC reporting in. I use it for gaming.

Are they also encrusted in 24 karat gold?

silver - the antimicrobial effects of silver keep viruses out of my memory

that's a good choice, silver is also a great superconductor which I find speeds up my RAM by 50-100mhz too

192 here, VM hosting.

Ramlets btfo

Please be bait

not real

wangblows assumes you've installed in a new computer if you change the motherboard so you'd have to re-buy windows and then reinstall it and reformat your hdd's too

this hasn't been true since Windows 8

>but for those of us who use full disk encryption
Don't worry, NSA and FBI already know you stash loli

I had 4 GB, it was barely enough to run PS and AI (I'm using Windows obviously, no way I could cramp it all with a virtual machine).
I got 8 GB, it's all fine now to be honest. I can have a lot of tabs in Chrome and use PS and AI with it, I can even use Unity and PS at the same time with quite a few tabs in Chrome.
Not sure if I'll need 16 GB, probably won't, but if I do, I'll just go and buy it because RAM sticks are like a currency nowadays and a cheap one.
inb4 botnet browser (I don't care)
inb4 Unity (I'm not a game dev, used it for VR and can't be bothered to learn something else than it, I can make some smaller games when I have nothing else to do)

most people have win7 installed

>but if I do, I'll just go and buy it because RAM sticks are like a currency nowadays and a cheap one.
RAM is the most expensive it's been in like 10 years buddy where the fuck have you been

the manufacturers have been price fixing since about a year ago

Yes and no, you can transfer installation now but only if you create a microsoft account and register your windows installation to it. If you don't want to create a botnet account you still have to buy or acquire a new license.

not so, Windows 8 never required this.
I know because I had to swap out a CPU and motherboard and I was never required to reactivate windows and never signed in with a Liv`e account.

I've got 16 gigs DDR3 running at 1600 mhz and I run my stuff from a 850 EVO. Firefox still takes ages to start and staggers along like a drunken hooker. And I know the CPU is not to blame because running chrome on an old malware ridden laptop is much smoother.

Everything else is great and runs smooth.

refresh your profile and figure out which addon is bloating the browser

>I meant 32GB
32 GiB
>32gb
32 GiB
>2 Gb
2 GiB
>4GB
4 GiB
>128GB
128 GiB

did you just come back from your intro to computers class?

I stretched to 8GB in 2013 (Macbook Pro) and it still seems like plenty now. 16GB is the meme.

GiB pussy b0ss

Yep, that is kind of true, but they are still not expensive. Can't argue with the fact they are affordable.
Also, if you simply can't find $40-50 to spare for a new one, buy a used one for like half the price.

I fell for the 32GB RAM meme. What the fuck was the point? I almost never use more than 8GB even doing a bunch of dev work and shit.

Kid fell for the GiB meme again

8GB here
was pondering getting another 4 so I could keep using the VM and 2 browsers, but I figure I should just go back to using one.

> tfw fell for the 512MB RAM meme

Kid fell for the MAGIC 24 BYTES meme

>ddr3 ram
Is this 2010 again?

Enough.
My pc: i5-760 2.8 4x; 12gb ddr3, gtx 750ti. I dont playing games (sometimes stellaris only) and I'm using Linux (arch, xfce) instead of windows, that's really enough for it ok?
Winkids fucking bistards who waste money for pc upgrade every fucking year becoz ur trash os uses many pc resources for spying for you idiot. Fuck you all, eat shit.

>tfw 8GB DDR3
>6GB used as RAM
>2GB set to VRAM in BIOS
>Laptop runs like it has a 2GB DDR3 dedicated GPU
Not bad for a $200 ideapad.

>gaymen gpu
>b-but I don't play games!

kys

> gaymen
Who said?

Take the chill pill, Pajeet

>I want my desktop effects and compositing to look like shit and suffer from tearing
Yeah, there's no reason at all to have a decent GPU on a machine. You're totally right.

>mom, I need a 1080 for my gnome!
>what is compton?

Oi turbopajeet pastaboi you're funny. Let's celebrate by commiting seppuku

>being so insecure about your hobby that you have to justify it to anons on Sup Forums
kek

Does Nightly use less ram than Chrome?

>wifi

No.

no

Just tell me how

Are you using Chrome?

>avast
Apex lul.

>what is hiberfile

Just use Quantum.

>20+10+7
>not having 256 GB of Ram

>8GB

>He doesn't have 32GB of ram for squeezing maximum compression out of his archives.

17000 tb of ram here
Step up n00b

pf.

ikr
have 16 gb, normal usage peaks at 3,5 and gaming takes 2 more at worst

>37
>Posting the wrong date in the year 420 6 gorillion years later

This nigga knows

> Electron software

>Not running Linux 4.14 with 2PB of RAM