2007 internet was 10 years ago

>2007 internet was 10 years ago

Syntax error

Halo 3 was 10 years ago

2017 was 600 million years ago

I stood outside with a few dozen other nerds waiting for the midnight release at my local Gamestop. We talked about the games and were all really excited. The year prior tons of people waited in line for Black Friday sales at Circuit City right across from Gamestop. We sang Christmas carols and everyone was full of cheer. That same shopping center has seen a dozen murders since the section 8 apartment building went in across the street. It's no longer safe to be out at night. I will literally never experience that again.

>1997 internet was 20 years ago

>10 years since 2007
And my internet speed is still the same...

I didn't have a 360 at the time of release cause poorfag. A classmate said I could borrow his 360 for a week or 2 to play it.

I'll never forget such pure happiness and joy as me and my buddies played through together with smiles and laughter all the way till the end.

>now all those same friends are now Coke addicts and Alcoholics.

>Niggers/poor people come along
>Everything goes to shit

I remember playing Halo 3 while eating those massive fucking hotdogs (the ones that are like an inch thick and a foot long, by Bar S) and sucking down some cokes.

I had been on such a quest to find those hot dogs and I had finally gotten my hands on a pack of them, in addition to getting Halo 3.

Survivor is starting its 35th season (no joke)

People born in the year 2000 will be 18 next year

what what in the butt was 10 years ago

Is everything going to be alright?

no

No. Were all going to die.
Then your ride of this minimal existence will be gone forever never to return.

mine isn't
In 2007 I had 128kbit upload.
The private tracker rules at the time was that I needed to seed 100gb within the first couple of months.
It was rough.

Can you explain private tracker briefly ? Like why do you have to upload so much to be a part of the private tracker ? Its not like you are providing a tor relay or something.
Please don't link to private tracker wiki.

Seeding is good practice. It keeps torrents up and prevents against hit and runs (leeching but not seeding).

As a result torrents stay up longer and downloads are much faster. The fact that a tracker is private also means one is less likely to receive some notice from an isp.

This may come off as some nu-fag retard question...
But doesn't leaving up torrents on your computer constantly use upload data? Essentially draining it (If limited)
I always assumed that's why people leeched cause they didn't want to stay connected and use unnecessary data

31 and not doing anything with my life. I still have nostalgia to keep me from suiciding, though.

6mbps then, 6mbps now with more drop outs...

I still remember having 384 kbps internet and how long it was waiting for short youtube videos to load

>I am a 23 years old kissless, handholdless, touchless, neet, semi-hikki virgin.

>Implying they aren't posting here already

>your favorite bbs closed 30 years ago

Hello darkness my old friend

all those moments lost in time, like tears in rain

>tfw I'm 23, attractive, have a good job and and am continuing my education, Just had sex with my beautiful fiancé last night, and unironically run riced gentoo on one thinkpad and void on the other two

>1990 was 35 years ago

>2TB drives in 2007 were impressive
>Just bought one for $49

Same desune

What's the secret to being successful like this?

Honestly I don't know, I spent a year as a heroin addict, during which time I dropped out of my first try of college, fucked up my credit etc. that was years ago now but my point is just don't give up, focus on improving yourself in areas you enjoy and good things come! I'm a couple years sober now. i was once thoroughly NEET, and I currently have 4 non trivial personal projects on github in a few languages, including a full featured window manager in C, am back in school and doing well, and have a job I really like that pays well. Don't give up user! Ganbatte ne!

>you can never go back

>1917 was 100 years ago

I'm still using the same Fiber-Optic 100/100 connection that we got in 2007, lol
The only thing that changed was the price, kept going lower and lower.

ISP is now offering 1Gb/s up/down for 18 EUR

Yesterday was 20 years ago