Here comes keyboard-gate

Here comes keyboard-gate

Other urls found in this thread:

theoutline.com/post/2402/the-new-macbook-keyboard-is-ruining-my-life
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is anecdotal evidence?

Can confirm. Bought mine with a finicky caps lock and a spacebar that now doesn't work unless you type dead center on it. Have to send it in to Apple so I'll be a week without my MacBook Pro that I spent a lot of money on. Now for the time being I have to use my old ThinkPad running Solus. >:(

I‘m getting ready to switch to Linux once my 2013 MacBook Pro dies. That shit is the final fucking nail in the coffin for me.

What would be the best distribution for someone switching from MacOS?

Solus.

theoutline.com/post/2402/the-new-macbook-keyboard-is-ruining-my-life

>My computer was getting its third diagnostic test in 45 minutes.

>It was the spacebar. It was broken. And not even physically broken — it still moved and acted normally. But every time I pressed it once, it spaced twice.

>“Maybe it's a piece of dust,” the Genius had offered. The previous times I'd been to the Apple Store for the same computer with the same problem — a misbehaving keyboard — Geniuses had said to me these exact same nonchalant words

>“If a single piece of dust lays the whole computer out, don't you think that's kind of a problem?”

>therein lies the problem — when dirt does get in, it cannot get out. A piece of dust is capable of rendering a butterfly switch nonfunctional.

>Apple quietly put up a page with instructions expressly to try and help people with dead butterfly switch keys.

>Another Genius explained to me that he had seen an overwhelming number of the computers with keyboard issues, the spacebar in particular — while some keys can be very delicately removed, the spacebar breaks every single time anyone, including a professional, tries to remove it.

>One involves the Genius pressing every single key on the keyboard to see if the switch is responsive, a test I am told was added in response to the sheer number of keyboards coming back broken. The process takes an hour.

>If Apple decides to replace the keyboard, it sends out the computer to replace the entire top case; there is no such thing as replacing an individual key or just the keyboard. On a Macbook Pro, the top case retails for $700

>The path from “a piece of dust” to “$700 repair” is terrifyingly short.

LikeyoucantlivewithoutafuckingspacebarIgotmyMacBookProthreeweeksagoandithasn'tgivenmeanytrouble.feelingsorryforyoupoorfagsandyourchinkythinkpadslmao

Topkek this is basically me except I have to delete my previous text until it finally registers the fucking tap. Apple's genius idea after being on the phone with them for OVER 2 FUCKING HOURS (caps lock decided not to turn on until after 5 fucking taps) was to send me a magic keyboard (for free) until I am able to ship it to them, and then they have it for a week and then I get hopefully a fixed product back. I'm in uni in the middle of midterms with projects and essays due, this fucking sucks dick. Really disappointed. SAD!

Probably just Ubuntu once they switch over to gnome by default.

ElementaryOS is Linux with a Mac layout

Except it has none of the polish like macOS or at least as much of the polish as the other distros mentioned.

My 6 years old cheap Lenovo don't have this problem, even had working in crops fields.

The model just before the touchbar seems solid. I'm hoping I can eventually buy out the one I have for work.

>tfw both Macs and Thinkpads have gone to shit now and I'm stuck having to use ancient laptops for the rest of my life

>The model just before the touchbar seems solid.

Apple is a fucking joke. Always have been, always will be.

My IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad™ doesn't have this problem.

Fuck off Kevin

No u

>the fag who posts these homo lover gifs
of course you know all about apple

>tfw 2015 rMBP master race with regular keys that aren't shit-tier butterfly garbage

>tfw non-macshit master race and don't have to worry about applel housefire trash

>tfw your decades old laptops have better keyboards than Apple's latest shit.

I sold my macbook through eBay last week. Had to sell it for cheap, the ctrl key had broken from the constant having to remove and clean it.

Macbooks were good up to 2015. The new keyboard is a huge mistake.

Macbooks were never good.

Surface book doesn't have this problem

And 1050/1060 graphics options

>there is no such thing as replacing an individual key or just the keyboard
W E W L A D

Garbage design. Now imagine Apple making a car.

Devuan, it's the way of the future.

Maccucks getting what they deserve. Nothing to see here.