IT'S HAPPENING

bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=141154#c124

GTK IS GETTING THUMBNAILS IN THE FILEPICKER SOON. 2018 WILL FINALLY BE THE YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP

Was it really necessary to take 13 years to fix this bug?

It'll just get denied by gnome dev for nefarious reasons

why is this so important if you have the preview panel? (honest question)

Is gtk2 getting this as well? Is it only gtk3?

Don't care, have it on KDE for years.

Looking on the thread on Bugzilla they are saying they will implement it only on GTK3, but GTK2 should have a functioning third party patch already.

>implying it will get merged

>tfw drag and drop masterrace
Much safer than having some GTK dialog be hijacked by malicious javascript and have read access to your entire home directory.

>having some GTK dialog be hijacked by malicious javascript
nigger wut

>have read access
I be more worried if it had write access

>he doesn't know

>pulling shit out of your ass

>not running your fox as separate user in apparmor

>uploads your secret keys
>uploads your shell history
>uploads your browser(s) databases, which includes browsing history and any saved passwords

My fox?

Your fox.

Nigger I don't even own a dog.

I own a frog

This. I never understood. Windows users with baby duck syndrome? Yeah, but I grew up with Windows too. I didn't think it was a big deal.

Neat.

How do you pick out an image among a list of 100 images? Thumbnails make it easy to do at a glance.

It already has had them forever. Use XFCE and see for yourself.

BIG IF TRUE

>won't fix
>t. GNOME dev

>14 YEARS

i dont, thats why i dont see the problem

This changes everything

I'm not sure what to tell you. A thing increases usability, that is why people like a thing. You can't comprehend that other people might want to do a thing if you don't? I can't really take this line of inquiry seriously.

misunderstanding, sorry
s/dont see/didnt see/
what you said is very much a valid usecase

I'll give you the first one, but I empty and remove write permissions for .bashhistory and always make sure my browser never saves any of my history/cookies/passwords/etc