March 31, 2018 - end of text captchas

Dear Webmaster,

You are receiving this email because you are registered as a website administrator using reCAPTCHA, and your website is still using reCAPTCHA v1, which will be turned off on March 31, 2018.

We announced the reCAPTCHA v1 deprecation in May 2016. Starting in November 2017, a small percentage of reCAPTCHA v1 traffic will begin to show a notice informing users that the old API will soon be retired. Any calls to the v1 API will not work after March 31, 2018.

To ensure continued functionality, you’ll need to update your website to a current version of reCAPTCHA. You can learn more about reCAPTCHA v2, Invisible reCAPTCHA and reCAPTCHA Android API in our Developer’s Guide. The new APIs are simple to implement and will streamline the captcha experience for your users. If you need help, you can engage in the reCAPTCHA Google Developer Group or post to Stack Overflow with the ‘recaptcha’ tag.

We hope that your upgrade will be seamless, and we’re confident you’ll be happy with the results.

Thank you,

reCAPTCHA Support

Fuck Google to bh.

WHERE WILL I GET MY CALLE CALLE NOW?

Version 3 will be Jewgle putting you NEETs to real work.
Cars may be stopped in the middle of the road "Waiting for 2 NEETs to agree on this move".

will we get the ghetto tier captcha again?

Are you fucking kidding me? I hate version 2 so much with a passion.

Is there other Captcha services?
Sup Forums needs to switch before this happens

>tfw you remember when there were no captchas
hopefully Hiro will move to a better captcha provider or just ask once every N posts or hours. for fuck's sake, it's not necessary for every post.

>or just ask once every N posts or hours. for fuck's sake, it's not necessary for every post.
hhahahahaahha implying he'll do something that'll make him lose pass bucks

I wouldn't even care if you could at least select squares with tab and space.
I DONT WANNA USE THE MOUSE FUCK YOU GOOGLE

There's only 5000 active pass users on this site that gets millions of unique visitors a day, hiro makes money putting those clickbait ads on the top and bottom of the site.

This. I need to shitpost quickly and effectively. Right now, all it takes is a tab + one or two words + two tabs + enter.

Hiro don't do this to us. Switch to a different text based captcha pls

>tfw using Sup Forums Gold! so I don't have to deal with google.

reminder that Sup Forums could host its own captcha if it weren't run by the CIA and botnet

that doesn't make any sense. if it were run by the CIA, it wouldn't make any difference where the captcha is hosted.

^^^ CIA agent

well i'm sure as fuck not going to use the default captcha on here because it does that stupid fade-out one that i hate immensely.
probably good for me to finally leave 4chins

use secureimage instead. free and no 3rd party to depend on for the service.

Well I guess I won't be browsing Sup Forums anymore after March 31 2018.

The new captchas are so fucking slow. The ones that fade out the image can take 10 seconds per image, and with the regular ones you need to complete like 3+ captchas per post.

Time to start own captcha...

We all knew this was coming...

FUCK NO

why can't any of the helpful autists here make a text reCAPTCHA replacement? or at least a non google one like some streaming sites like the kiss* ones use?

>this site that gets millions of unique visitors a day
there's only 220,000 posters

>calle 2112

that is legitimately, undebatebly the worst one
there is however a refresh button you can press to give you a different task

I will actually stop posting here if I have to do the box-selecting capcha

Same

I don't think you understand the word unique when used in that context.

lol at my captcha

>WHERE WILL I GET MY CALLE CALLE NOW?

Its not an exact replacement, but, Boy George.

I guess I'll just stop coming here for good. Sad, but necessary.

see you on 2(Sup Forums)

They really did go from preventing bots and trying to minimise how much of a pain in the ass it is for humans to reusing the same problems a million times and being easy for bots while going out of their way to make it miserable for humans.

I hope new moot switches to something sane.

>click verify once there are none left

That one is pure evil.

>tfw just started my CALLE collection

>+ two tabs + enter
You can press enter in captcha field and it will work the same.

you could say it's a.. callection?

post rare calle

Ten feet taller, you little shit.

2/?

Damn, I never got this lucky.

this is now a calle thread

Cahpcha would be so bad if they didn't make you fill out 5+ captchas at a time, with a mind-numbingly slow fade in/fade out animation for every clicked image.

It takes me 10 seconds to type a message, then three minutes to solve a captcha. They're so fucking slow I switch tabs while solving captchas so I don't have to wait for each new image to load.

my craptcha folder is extensive

I get CALLE CALLE all of the time.

post some rare calles then. make this thread a real

The worst part about the pic captchas is:

>"Select all cars"
>captcha pic shows a field of grass with nary a sign of humanity
>refresh
>"Select all stop signs"
>select all stop signs
>captcha refreshes because it wants you to tick at least three boxes even though there were only two boxes that contained stop signs in them

you need to pray that recaptchav1 will survive

Should we spam /qa/ with calle to get hiro's attention?

sounds like a good way to get b&

we just need to continue archiving all the priceless calles before the mine will collapse

better yet, after this thread dies, i will harass Sup Forums with calles

we need to make calle popular

WHAT

#callelivematter

2100!
Calle!

3100!
Calle!

This is dispatch. bringing in a suspect for psych eval. confirm 5150 for suspect named calle

how many calle hertz in the latest shintel product?

nice

thanks, google

Hopefully this points Hiro towards invisible recaptcha but we all know the worst is upon us. If only I could walk away from this site.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CALLE COME BACKKKKK!!!!

>avenida

>hating on avenida
calle

>March 31, 2018

Ha! Jokes on you Jewgle, I'll probably have killed myself by then!

don't worry Sup Forums. I knew this day would come, that's why I made my own captcha system

I never understood why Sup Forums just doesn't have its own captcha. There are already libraries. And other chans have their captchas no problem. Good ones aren't much easier to fake. Thanks to reCaptcha, Google can do pretty accurate timing attacks. Maybe moot just liked Google's dicc.

guess I'm never posting on Sup Forums again after that

Japmoot makes money by data mining his users, same with all the other sites he runs

yeah, the new captcha just isn't worth it. just absolutely terrible.

Until google makes a public announcement I don't believe you

Huh??
I should get used to lurking only.

When moot added it the recaptcha was being used to help develop scanning algorithms to scan books for google's project gutenberg

It was used for Google Books. Project Gutenberg has nothing to do with Google.

Has anyone else other than OP got this, this feels like a hoax

hopefully it's not true. my captcha folder is too young to die

If you look it up the google devs site says that V1 doesn't get security updates anymore, but other than that i think it's a hoax mainly cause Jewgle will continue to need human input to verify street addresses in the short run and they get it for free anyways.
Lots of sites are using V2 already so it's not like they're losing manpower for their driving AI by keeping V1 around.

set your user agent to mobile to get past the bullshit boxes.

test

doesnt work

test2

>using reeeeeCAPTCHA on an actual website
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>allowing bots to use your forms

user pls. blocking zOMGGOOGLE!!!1 spergs is just a side benefit

googles botnet is not the only captcha service

Guess I'm buying a Sup Forums pass

it's merely the best one.

and like I said, blocking spergs who whine about your choice of captcha service is a feature

I hope hiroshimoot brings back the rapidshare catptcha

the new captcha is only good on big mobile devices because touching the images is easier than typing on a tiny virtual keyboard and even then only when it does not want multiple solved captchas.

w

nice one
this might give hard time to bots

Oh well, at least the picture ones threw some interesting stuff in there once in awhile.

It's real. Just google the text of the OP and you'll see lots of people complaining about it on stackexchange.
>i think it's a hoax mainly cause Jewgle will continue to need human input to verify street addresses in the short run and they get it for free anyways.
Jewgle owns DeepMind and Tensorflow. They are well past the stage of recognizing printed letters on signs. I think none of the reCAPTCHA v1 input is being used as training data anymore, probably for several years now. But that's just my guess. Jewgle has been known to act irrationally when they deprecate things.

>They are well past the stage of recognizing printed letters on signs. I think none of the reCAPTCHA v1 input is being used as training data anymore, probably for several years now. But that's just my guess.
I didn't really express myself right, it's not that i think they actually need the human input to actually recognize the letters, it's more like checking the results the algorithms spit out and comparing to improve them. But if other people are complaining i guess it's true and they're pretty much done improving the algo.