Assessing job applicants for a position at my workplace

>assessing job applicants for a position at my workplace.
>reading their CVs
>see blank lines inserted between paragraphs. Spacing hasn't been set.
>no uniform headings and text styles.
>Use of clipart and exclimation on a few

Other urls found in this thread:

sharelatex.com/templates/cv-or-resume/awesome-cv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

And what do you do with them?

not OP but I'd consider them anyway if the contents are satisfactory because document redaction is not necessarily a skill I need in a worker.

with that said, it still looks a lot better if you do it right. especially in any kind of tech field as it demonstrates your ability to research proper practices and apply yourself.

>implying you don't want to hire this guy

What do you mean blank lines between paragraphs?

>interviewing smts candidates in india
>every resume is 9 pages long
I've never received one that is >=10 pages so they must thing 10 pages is the cut off. One guys resume had a half page company history of one his pr virus contracting jobs. WTF!

One fucking page people. I don't care if you have 30 years of experience, one fucking page.

They press enter twice.

Sup Forums - "technology"
for "technology discussion"

>it demonstrates

It might also demonstrate an ability, or lack of, to organize data and an appreciation of structure and pattern. On the other hand, who knows. Maybe they're just extremely slovenly wizards.

A few days ago someone showed me some admission letters to an American ivy league school. Part of the student's application. I was incredulous. They read like english compositions from junior high. Very odd.

>typing and formatting a document on a computer
>not technology

>reading CVs
lol, you should throw half into the bin, since those are unlucky people and get the first one who doesn't look retarded

Got a family member who's in management. Noone actually reads all of the applicants CV's and resumes anymore. They basically run them through a search engine and if they ding enough Keywords they get passed on to an actual person for review.

Did they use emojis, too?

I'm retarded what is the difference with a CV and a resume?

if it aids visibility for the content then what's the problem?

jesus christ do you not know how to use a search engine

jesus christ do you not know I want to be spoon fed? You're welcome for getting my attention.

Curriculum vitae is once you get our of Uni and are applying for your first job. Resume is when you resume your career at another institute after some work experience.

I didn't even google this to know it, i just know it. The names give it away.

>Get memed into using LaTeX for writing my resume
>field isn't related to computers or technology at all
>People constantly tell me how good my resume looks, got an intership because it "stood out from the rest of the pile"
Thanks bros

sorry, I don't trust anyone who posts unanimated gifs.

this is just retarded. Why have such a convoluted process. I see the idea of having a document that lists your skills and accomplishments, but why have two different ones.

You're a good man OP.
A rarity in tech given the shit tier automaton interview/screening process and shitheads in HR

It's the latex aesthetic, I'm telling you

this post is completely wrong.

a resume is actually derived from the french word "resumé" which means "abridged" or "summary" depending on the lexical context. it's why you pronounce it "resumay".

the document is supposed to be a "résumé" of your education and career. in fact, the term resume is only employed in English. other languages just use CV as a blanket term.

This is what I'm using
>sharelatex.com/templates/cv-or-resume/awesome-cv
Had to change some things but I actually forget the corny as fuck quote on top for my first job fair, all the reps seemed to like it so I kept it.

How else do you make a paragraph??

Press enter once.

>reddit spacing in your resume
Hired.

>not looking for technical keywords and experience first
Hows your non technical job treating you sir?

But
Then
There
Is
No
Spacing

Do people still use CV and resumes? Why not just network, visit events and suck your way into a company

This looks like a template that ships with MS Office

What kind of events??
What if I'm an autismo??

>What kind of events
Sup Forums meetups

Post your resumes, Sup Forums and i'll rate them

Sup Forums is my resume

probably why im unemployed

lmao try having office format a document like that

>hiring people who can't even produce a quality version of arguably the most important document they will ever write in their lives

you deserve to fail, and you chose your path

>see blank lines inserted between paragraphs
reddit btfo

Did you not see the pic?