Heavily considering the LG V30. What do you think, Sup Forums?

Heavily considering the LG V30. What do you think, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

androidpolice.com/2017/06/30/one-lg-bootloop-lawsuits-forced-arbitration/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>LG made display

this one is better than the S8

inb4 uneven screen issue
Apparently it was an issue of the first batches, while the latter don't suffer from this problem.

Beside, best phone so far:
>slim
>great battery life
>no meme edges
>top of the line specs
>Hi-Fi audio

The only problem is price: the S8 costs like half what the V30 costs currently, and it's basically the same phone. I'd go with Samsung unless you either don't want curved edges display, care about audio quality, or just despise Samsung.

i'd argue lg software is better than samsung

I totally am for Samsung as well.

v30 is the competitor to the note 8 not the s8. you have the g6 for that.

>Apparently it was an issue of the first batches, while the latter don't suffer from this problem.

I'm skeptical, especially since this has been a known issue with LG displays for ages.

Xperia is better.

Every review is saying the OLED screen is shit and they should have just used IPS instead of rushing out garbage OLED.

Lol

>lg

bootloops.

I really wish I could trust them, but this display nonsense after so many devices shipped with boot loop issues in the past (like EVERY lg flagship from G3 onward) totally makes me pass on this one.

V30 is competitor to the S8+

Note8 is in a class by itself unless LG managed to get a waccom stylus when I wasn't paying attention

I'm on my third LG phone in a span of 5 years, literally never even heard of a boot loop issue until now.

Yea and the Pixel 2xl uses the same panel and is getting tons of complaints too.

Looks like the HTC U11 plus is using the LG 6" POLED panel as well.

LG really fucked up 2017

Get the G6.

Just because you won the lottery doesn't mean it is a fiscally responsible choice to buy lottery tickets

This is probably true: many reviews and tests have shown how incredibly long lasting the battery is, both with active display and on standby. This is probably due to the display not being excessively power hungry, and the software being just more optimized and lighter than Samsung's.

their UI is even more cancerous than samsungs, id rather get chinkd by oneplus at this point

Dont care where you read that, I'm sure you were itching to use it.

Eh?

GSMarena gives the V30 87 hours endurance
S8+ gets 88 hours.

Kek didn't read it anywhere kiddo it's just how I read the situation.

You've ven using LG phones for years without hardware issues. Congrats. But current posts on the V30 subreddit suggest 30-50% failure rate for the panels. That's a lottery friend

Loving every laugh

I was keen on getting a v30 as well...but after a bit of consideration and based on how (in)frequently I update, it just makes sense to get something I know for certain is going to work in 3 years.

Samsung devices seem to have longer lifespans in terms of hardware *and* software updates. Combine that with the screens being better (even if you get a good one on a v30, it's still at best comparable to Samsung's), it just...makes the decision so easy.

I wanted to want the v30, I really did. I wanted it to be the phone that I go to get away from Samsung. Bixby is a stupid tool that I'll never use and while Touchwiz surely has gotten better, LG's seemingly second to Google in how 'light' their Android offerings are in terms of bloatware.

But man, it's just hard to get it when the screens are so shitty and the software won't be updated in 2 years.

Why are you even considering Reddit as credible? So what there's a 30%-50% issue rate amongst crybaby Reddit users who happen to own the V30. Just because they all congregate on a V30 subreddit and make it seem like you're talking to the entirety of V30 users doesn't mean you really are and it doesn't mean that the general consensus of that subreddit is the general consensus as the rest of the user base. Fuck you're dumb. Like really fucking dumb.

I appreciate your insight

androidpolice.com/2017/06/30/one-lg-bootloop-lawsuits-forced-arbitration/
www.xda-developers.com/one-class-action-lawsuit-against-lgs-bootloop-issue-has-been-compelled-into-arbitration/amp/
Good luck getting a replacement for an LG device now if anything is to happen to it. You don't care about sources either way, although some reasonable people may.

To make matters worse, this doesn't concern LG V30 and the G6. Those aren't very cheap devices either. And there have been reports of both phones getting into a bootloop.

Those numbers mean jack shit.

So do those numbers

8 hour screen on time on a black page with no text or animations isn't hard. Especially with minimal brightness

With heavy use the V30 screen on time is less than 6 hours.