Alright Sup Forums, /lit/ here and I have a whole year starting today of being a NEET...

Alright Sup Forums, /lit/ here and I have a whole year starting today of being a NEET, and I want to dedicate all of it to learn hacking but I don't know where to start, I don't want to be a script kiddie nor am I interested in taking down my uni website, I am more interested in how it works.
what is the complete guide from start to finish that you guys recommend, what should I learn and in what exact order, be it programming or networking, the more details the better.

Other urls found in this thread:

overthewire.org/
smashthestack.org/
hackingwithphp.com
pentesterlab.com
youtube.com/watch?v=xSQxaie_h1o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1. Install gentoo

2. Read this

3.kill yourself

Unironically, install any GNU/Linux distro. Ubuntu or Mint are good for starters, so you can get more experience. Learn to program, C and maybe some Assembly. Read some books. I'm am not a hacker, but I think that is the bare minimun.

This might be up your alley

mitnick is a skiddie nigger

Start with the greeks

Start with programming - it's the absolute foundation of hacking.
Programming is hacking. There's two routes in learning hacking these days:
pentesting kali meme skid route(it's good if you dont want to waste time and just get
a job), and the programming/code exploitation route(real hacking).

First get on Linux, learn the command line, get comfy.
While doing above - learn Python as your first programming language. Start
with "Think Python", do all the exercises. Once you've done that keep practicing(use programming
challenge websites) and read "CODE" by Charles Petzold, this will be used as a prerequisite to learning
Assembly effectively, then once you've done that read, "Programming from the Ground up". Then
read the K&R, make sure to do the exercises. Oh yeah, learn vim and use vim while doing all this.

If you do all of that, you'll know how to write code from the low level and high level and have an
understanding in computers; very good foundation. This may take actual the most of the year or more, but
you need a good foundation. A good foundation for learning binary exploitation. Try not to rush this,
the point is to get good at the beginnings and solid, don't cheat yourself.

Once you've done that read, "Hacking The Art of Exploitation", this will teach you hacking and
if you've done all of above, you'll be able to breeze through it, practice writing the remote exploits
in python also.

Okay after that, you should be able to hack. Go on wargames such as:

overthewire.org/
smashthestack.org/

Go through the memory corruption games, by this point you should be poppin shells and stuff.

If you did all of that, then you should know how to hack. If you want to dive deeper into binary exploitation;
you should read, "Computer Systems: A programmer's Perspective", learn OS internals, etc - since you
want to be more effective of bypassing memory protections, reverse engineering and taking advantage of
other stuff effectively.

If you don't fancy binary exploitation after doing that, learn web application hacking.

hackingwithphp.com
pentesterlab.com

you'll know what to do from there.

hacking is a spook, go out and practice doing physical harm and bringing violence on the people by force

Lmao why would someone interested in hacking learn assembly? What a waste of time.

Maybe because high level languages are translated into assembly when compiled

STFU IF U NO UNDERSTAND ASSEMBLY BRAINLET U NO REEL PROGRAMMAR LEARN C ON GNU/LINUCKS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SOFTWAREEE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

One year is not enough to properly learn all there is, the best you could do in a year is become a skiddie.
start with python and Perl.

So? What use case would that ever be relevant in?
That's like saying everyone should learn machine language because that's what programs are assembled too.

You know you won't do shit.
t. someone who wants to be you

Indian on Quora tier.

This This This baby
Hacking: the art of exploitation.
Also free pdf online

yeah man but don't start with vim it's like learning a whole 'nother language. Just use a basic text editor like textwrangler while you're learning python. Experiment with vim when you switch to c. It's at that point that you'll realize how useful it is and you'll actually want to learn to use it instead of just doing it b/c you were told to.

Hackers should absolutely learn assembly. If you want to know why, read through Hacking: the art of exploitation yourself

You are the cancer that plagues this site.

Well, there are different areas of hacking. You can get away with general knowledge but if you want to do anything noteworthy you have to specialize. That said, some of these areas are:
1.) Application hacking. Where you are dealing with the analysis of data structures in memory, injecting dependencies into running processes, and learning about the program stack in general and using debuggers like gdb or some frontend based on it, or IDA, or ollygdb.
Stack based buffer overflows fall into this category.
youtube.com/watch?v=xSQxaie_h1o
Based Mickens on OCW, you know him from his fucking hilarious usenix publications.

2.) Web hacking. Where you are reverse engineering web protocols mostly. I'm not that well read on this aside for your usual SQLi, XSS, RFI and all that bullshit people talk about on forums that doesn't really work anymore unless you are crawling google for abandoned and vulnerable sites.

3.) Hardware hacking.
Soldering, desoldering, looking up datasheets, jtagging (no not the fucking xbox kind), and fucking with complicated shit by building less complicated shit that leverages it via a design flaw.

Many more I guess but fuck you none come to mind. People hacking maybe.

I guess now is the appropriate time to say...
Start with the geeks.

Also, anybody saying assembly or C is a meme is a retarded nigger. They are absolutely essential.