Windows for children, gamers and people who want to use their computer to waste time

>Windows for children, gamers and people who want to use their computer to waste time

>Mac for professionals, adults and people who want to use their computer productively

How accurate is this statement?

Other urls found in this thread:

support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208168
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

0%

see me after class

0%
You can use windows to do your taxes
You could also just use mac to play minecraft all day

100% correct.
t. macfriend.

Windows is for normalfags, mac is for normalfags who believe they aren't normal

>Mac for professionals
This is actually true. Maybe not ideal for software developers or tech-intensive jobs in general, but it's the ideal OS for other qualified professionals. The problem is people on Sup Forums seem to think professionals=programmers, they forget there are lawyers, doctors, accountants, marketers etc. and for pretty much all of those mac is the most reliable option.

Can you imagine having to present something to a client and when you open your laptop you see Windows has started on of its 30 minute system update cycle and is stuck on that screen "Getting Windows ready please do not shut down your computer" screen?
Or imagine being an lawyer and losing client data because the file got corrupted somehow. Or being a doctor and leaving highly sensitive patient data vulnerable to hackers because the pajeets at Microsoft didn't release a security patch quickly enough?

It's retarded statement. Only someone having a brain damage would say something like that.
Operating system doesn't matter, what really matters is person using it.
Although, I support apple - gay meme and Windows - for manchild.

Curry break is over Rakesh.

Back to your shitting street.

Not really.

All kinds of operating systems are used by professionals. Sure, many use Mac OS, but many use Windows, too.

Admit it, you live in your mom's basement and have no life except your fruity toddler toys.

I'm waiting for you fucking idiots to realize each of these pro-Mac posts are accompanied by a GUID.jpg image.

>Actual Dev conference virgins in this thread don't know about because they don't actually program here.

>computer to waste time
That is Linux

>doesn't support legacy 32-bit software
>professional

All fair points, especially the fucking updates on Win10 being automatic by default, and VERY intrusive.

However Mac OSX is not without it's problems. I had to UPDATE THE OS to fix a bug where the email app would not open and icloud would not sync. Took me HOURS to fix this issue, which my client, who is a lawyer would have never been able to fix himself, and this could have fucked him over hard if he was in a spot where he NEEDED email right then and there for a meeting or something.

>macshit
>security

Good joke.

>my client
You can stop roleplaying now.

Thanks for the (You)s freetards. TOO. FUCKING. EASY.

I do a bunch of normie shit on my 2017 13" MBP

Only took you three, four posts to get the attention your parents denied you.

>freetards
Are you a bot?

completely false.

IT runs on Windows and Linux. You'd be hard pressed to find a Mac in any IT shop unless they're supporting graphic designers.

Why not install some linux distro on it to get a usable OS?

No I live in YOUR mum's basement, and I fuck her every night

also call me dad.

by IT you mean pajeet tech support?

because pretty much all developers use a mac these days, even at microsoft.

Personally, I see it more like this
>Mac: I want to show off my money/"individuality"
>Windows: I want to show off that I'm a chill person, who likes to have fun and be productive
>Linux: I want to show off I know more/am willing to work much harder than you.

Interesting, why would they use mac? I thought linux based system would be ideal for developers.

linux is unstable shit, why would anyone want to work on an os that sucks for desktops

plus macos is unix, the thing loonux is pretending to be

>Mac fanboys seem to think professionals=Designer,photographer,video editor.

>Mac: I want to show off my money/"individuality"
Poorfag detected
>Linux: I want to show off I know more/am willing to work much harder than you.
KEK

What is Stability?

Sorry, I'll amend that
>Mac: I want to show off my money/"individuality" and/or I don't care about how a computer works, I just want it to work

>Windows for tech illiterates, cucks, children, and people who want to use their computer to waste time

>Mac or Hackintosh for professionals, adults and people who want to use their computer for media consumption and photo/video editing without dealing with Winshit

>GNU/Linux for professionals, adults and people who want to use their computer productively (that doesn't require Adobe or other CAD programs) that are smart enough to make bootable media from an ISO using Etcher or Rufus or even dd and click a few buttons to install

>source based GNU/Linux for only the most fuckless of wizards

>BSD for servers or for faggot basement dwellers

>iOS for tech illiterate homosexuals and filthy normals

>stock Android for R*dditors that make shitty homescreen threads

>Lineage OS, Ubuntu Touch, or Sailfish OS for enlightened individuals

Fixed.

>Unix-based OS
>actual devs use it
>Being this triggered
I think you are a brainlet. Grats

>Linux
>who want to use their computer productively
Yeah cause constantly doing maintenance is productive.

>constantly doing maintenance is productive
I use Fedora and Debian and I don't have this problem.

*tips*

You alright user.

>may not be ideal for software developers

Nigger, until win 10 stepped it the fuck up, Mac was the go to choice for non .net development. Almost every dev I ever met in the last ten years was using a mac.

so win10 is better than previous windows versions for developers?
please explain to a brainlet

windows has a lot of options for companies to make sure its stable and safe. Everything you said was bad about windows can be avoided.

>Web devs
>Read developers
Nice joke

>mac
>professional
more like
>mac
>is gay
now ginve me my replies

That's a feature.

support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208168

There's already a fix for that you mong

does the Large Hadron Collider use Mac? did they use max admission control at NASA? Of course not. I don't think NASA needs to run GarageBand or Final Cut Pro. They need to get things done.

More like

>Windows for children, gamers and people who want to use their computer to waste time

Most renowned engineering software, FEM program run on windows. What's your point.

>mac for those who want to waste their money on overpriced products

>defending windows
only thing it's useful for is vidya

>check the mailer list at work
>"High Sierra hosed my Mac!"
>"High Sierra broke wifi"
>"DO NOT UPGRADE TO HIGH SIERRA"
>"Works on my machine :^)"

>does the Large Hadron Collider use Mac? did they use max admission control at NASA? Of course not.
HIPSTER OS BTFO

It isn't. You're taking Sup Forums too seriously.

How many people with Macs are actually professional? Seems like most are college students.