Non-removable battery

>non-removable battery
>non-expandable memory
>no headphone jack

How is Apple setting the standards for everyone?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PmTSN4zWeQ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>How is Apple setting the standards for everyone?
Their devices sell with high profit margins, so other companies end up taking note.

TFW you realize Google is now catering to the apple crowd

>apple
>not a retard
choose one

You do want water and dust resistance right?

>high quality battery never needs to be changed
>256GB in the phone is enough
>It's 2017, bluetooth is the future grandpa

>wanting to pay more money for a piece of shit low quality headphone

>nearly all headphones on the market currently except a select few have wires
>"bluetooth is the future grandpa"

What did he mean by this?

>non-removable battery
Smaller case for the "slin af phone" meme

>non-expendable memory
Gets users to put their data in the cloud©® and pushes online services (you know how they benefit from this)

>no headphone jack
youtu.be/PmTSN4zWeQ0

there's dongle for that

>arcade fire
How can anyone with an ounce of self respect listen to that shite?

Sony and Samsung both have those things while having expandable memory and headphone jacks

>non-removable battery
why all of Sup Forums cry about it all the time? when was the last time a flagshitp had non-removable battery?
its not 2013 anymore.

>sent from my $30 walmart zte

*removable

All iphone batteries are useless within 2 years

make your own phone then

Even chinks can make better phones

Yes, but not having the ability to use headphones with cables is more modern. Choice is medieval when there are companies with smart people who make better choices for you. If Apple did not force me to use Bluetooth headphones then I would likely still be in the past

>buying a dongle for a feature that should have been there in the first place

no thanks

>Yes, but not having the ability to use headphones with cables is more modern.

I'm sorry but I use my phone as a tool, not a fashion accessory.

It should not have been there, it's not 2015. Dongle is a better and more modern option

So true. Not sure if that's a bad thing tho.

I bet you are some sort of poorfag that uses a phone that has more than 3GB RAM and that has "better" specs than the iPhone when the iPhone has everything anyone needs in 2017

Even if you're sarcastic you should definitely consider suicide.

i just use a phone that does what i want mate

Jew are testing their power.
How masochist normies are?

>wants to use cabled headphones in 2017
It isn't even retro enough like vinyl to be cool.

>high quality battery never needs to be changed
Son, apple can't actually violate the laws of physics or chemistry here.
As with any other battery, shit will go south.

Want to not be able to listen to your song half of the time because there is a very limited number of channels available.

you're not progressive at all

You are feeding one guy that replies with the same reply. Go do something better instead.

Not everyone is a red haired landwhale and/or futuristic knife used to kill angels.

I don't even mind those as much as
>no fingerprint scanner

That one actually affects everyday usability more than anything else.

It is the price we pay for progress. If Apple chooses a technology that makes you unable to listen to songs half the time then it is likely on purpose. Apple knows better and it's more important to be current than to settle down with depreciated technology. Listening to songs all the time is depreciated, that is not something that can be done with newer and better technology.

> paying $200 more for 256GB of storage
>can't transfer that storage to your next phone, have to pay for the overpriced storage again
>not just getting a 256GB SD card that lasts between phones
Fuck that.

What if apple announce that their next iphone will have a 3.5mm jack?

By catering to the retarded with simpleness. With android you have a lot of choices. A retarded person doesn't possess the required mental strength to weigh out the positives and negatives of every choice to make a good decision in the end. Apple takes out the decision-making part of the equation thereby relieving the retard of the mental pressure, and comforts them with simple shapes and a very limited amount of holes and buttons (retards always tend to break things that have a lot of holes and buttons). It has scientifically been proven that retards feel safer while using Apple devices as they don't have to think for themselves while using them.

Well, it would be surprising that it would be modern and cool already, but it would be a brave choice to add it again when people are moving away from it. But I need to hear their reasoning to know how to defend it.

Apple never admits to making a mistake. They play them out and shove their fingers in their ears out of spite and malice for the people that buy their products.

Now what if, hear me out on this, apple announce they OWN analog audio port?
Magnetic, analog, pure, gold plated, thin.

>bluetooth
>future
(You)

>iphone has everything you need
Except for a headphone jack
Except for touch id
Except for a microsd slot

Who are you trying to kid m8

That would be unanimously great and would be great for the audiophile crowd. Would not be controversial at all. I already imagine several threads to brag about how Apple invented analog audio ports while android suffer with old tech.

You don't need any of those things in 2017

Please don't call fingerprint sensors touch I'd.

apple's design philosophy can be pretty annoying but considering every other smartphone is a nightmare of awful software and terrible build quality that will literally explode in your face, other companies should keep copying apple

>You don't need any of those things in 2017
>See cucks walking around with 5$ headphones plugged into their iPhones with a dongle because their lightning headphones stopped working
>loud chuckling noises

is this what memelord samsung users tell each other to assuage their buyer's remorse?

>shitty arguments: the shitpost

not a problem if you aren't an autist that buys a new phone ever 4 months. either way get a job and you won't have to worry about it

I don't buy a phone every four months. It's just wasteful to pay for storage that can't be reused, and it's overpriced storage on top of that

>By making battery non removable they can add bigger battery.
>by removing headphone jack they can add bigger battery.
>by not adding sd card slots they can sell overpriced 128GB phones

How did this become a bad thing? Why wouldn't you want a removable battery?

Apple is at the forefront of notch technology. It won’t be long before everyone has a notch.

> honestly though, the 3D scanner is pretty interesting. When it’s shrunk more the notch will disappear. And if you can use it to 3D scan everyday items, not just your face, I will definitely pick one up.

>buy iphone
>2 years later resell it for 80% of what you paid

>buy some android flagship phone
>2 years later worth 20% of what you paid

Removable battery has its downsides. Frankly less than 1% of users ever replace their phone battery anyway.

rooted 170 EUR ali chinkphone master race

full file system access with root permissions, smb and other servers to wirelesly connect with my pc, no restrictions

lol macfags

>youtu.be/PmTSN4zWeQ0
so it's for apple to make more shekels from lightning port royalties, and android phone manufacturers are retarded cargo cult worshippers

>Removable battery has its downsides.

No it doesn't.
It's exactly the same minus soldering.

I had a colleague with an iPhone that froze up.
He had to wait for half a day for the battery to drain completely to make it reboot.
How is this even a thing?

>It's exactly the same minus soldering.
the absolute state of Sup Forums

>fixed battery
>no memory card slot
>no audio jack

But Xiaomi loves copying Apple's "features".

>hurr I have no argument

You are wrong.
i am correct.
Go back to Sup Forums

It's not port royalties.

Apple wants to control what accessories can be used to reduce competition.
A cheap dock won't be allowed if they sell a more expensive dock a the Apple store.

>I had a colleague with an iPhone that froze up.
>He had to wait for half a day for the battery to drain completely to make it reboot.
true retards

That's assuming your home button works
Which was not my case when mine froze last week

He was a software developer (like me) and generally a smart guy.

So I am fairly sure he tried that.
Apparently needs some software response to work.

every phone with fixed battery has way to do reset by using hardware buttons
so read the manual or give it back tyrone

Just because they are "hardware buttons" doesn't mean the reset signal doesn't get send to the OS.

Only an entirely separate circuit with its own button inputs, timer and a physical power cut-off would work in every case.
And I doubt Apple would go though that much trouble.

.....still haven't heard any downsides to removable batteries btw.

>reset signal doesn't get send to the OS
the whole idea is based on a fact that reset signal goes to mobo/bootloader, not OS. You're an idiot.
>still haven't heard any downsides to removable batteries btw.
no point explaining things to idiots.

>no point explaining things to idiots.

aka: "I don't have any arguments."

cool, I win.

You haven't heard them because there are none. Except ofc muh thiness

>reset signal goes to mobo/bootloader

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, huh?

idiots always win in their own field

>Except ofc muh thiness

Not even that.

Removable batteries aren't thicker than non-removable.
Maybe the contacts add a little height, but not thickness.

Nah it is thicker because of the difference in architecture/placement of the internals...at least that's what i read

Apple innovates, the rest copy.

because apple innovates and sells 50+million phones per quarter so everyone wants a piece of that but can't do it right

>cheaper to not include options
>other manufacturers notice normies not giving af about the missing features
>other manufacturers ditch features and save money

its almost like android phones always have some new feature so older models aren't worth much
but that would mean apple products...

>all the hardware around the battery must be separately sealed and protected from dust because some idiot prolly gonna feel the urge to remove the battery on the bus stop on a rainy day.
>rear casing doesn't reinforce structural stiffnes of the phone. It's just clipped there
>moist and dirt can get between rear casing and battery and stay there
...or you can lock it all and seal it well for lyfe
apple is shit but there's absolutely nothing wrong with non removable batteries in phones, You still can replace your battery if it's fucked. You're not gonna buy second original battery when you can throw 10$ 10000mah powerbank in your pocket and fuck everything

>>high quality battery never needs to be changed
>he has never used a battery

>2017
>needing expandable memory

>for lyfe

>non-removable battery meme
Non-removable doesn't mean non-replaceable. It's not hard to replace a phone battery, even the sealed ones.

So you can take 3 to a festival and replace them on the spot?
Cool.

>10000mah versatile powerbank is 20$
>2 specific-to-one-smartphone batteries are ???$
you're gonna buy charger for this batteries too or you're just gonna flip them between pocket and your phone?
I've been there in old era when there was no powerbanks and some phones from one manufacturer actually shared the same battery. I even went to festival. It's pointless now.

>2017
>needing oxygen

>muh choices
>muh customization

meanwhile, android is a joke.

I can't wait until they remove the Lightning port as well. Holy fuck, it'll be a shitshow but the payoff will be tremendous.
1.) 100% wireless phone
2.) Puts incentive on companies to improve the fuck out of Qi charging
3.) FINALLY introduces a common charging standard between iPhones and Android devices (Qi)

That day will be fun.

Apple sells phones to retards and has for many years understood that their customers are unable to push more than one button. And still the only way to reboot is to push two buttons at the same time. That would be like Fisher Price making toys that require the children to know calculus to fix a known problem. Fisher Price has a clientele that is intellectual giants compared to the apple users, but there are limits.

>>high quality battery never needs to be changed
This is only true of the Plus models. Those things can go for days. Standard iPhone gets standard use, and iPhone X isn't even out yet so idk

Literally everything Arcade Fire has ever done other than Everything Now is amazing. Even the shit-quality demos were top-notch.

>Apple decides to choose an album whose entire 'shtick' is literally based around criticizing technology's effect on society (albeit doing so poorly) to display on their new iPhone
why did they do this? are they being ironic or are they just that tone-deaf? is this a subtle blow to arcade fire themselves?

pathetic brandlets will buy anything
apple could just put a fucking slab of glass for sale and these brandlets will buy it anyway

android cant even get one messaging app to stick and are charging apple prices?
Tell me again how lagroid is superior??

more hardware options will always be superior

"hardware"
Yes because any flagship android has come close to the A11......

hardware is more than just a chipset

Not that I think that batteries should be fixed (since for me, the pros of having a removable battery are greater than the pros of having a non remivable one), but a good thing that comes from having a non-removable is that you can switch on the setting where it doesn't allow users to turn off phone from lock screen, so your phone can't be hard reseted by pressing the home button power button and the turn on volume button.

Pixel is so shitty