Switching from iPhone 7 to android, Galaxy S8 or Pixel 2?

Been an iphone user since it came out, but I'm against the direction Job-less apple is going.

Thinking about switching to the 'roid gang, Galaxy S8 or Pixel 2?

Go for the Pixel XL. The Pixel 2 is already shaping up to be mediocre in quality because of display and durability issues. I've got the Pixel XL now and it's more than capable of doing everything that the Pixel 2 could do except for the gimmick-y features and the "dual pixel" camera. Also, I'd be wary of Samsung devices because of how easy it is to break the displays and the god-awful software experience. Of course you could root it, but I don't think you should have to take extra steps to make a device better, especially if you're coming from an iPhone. As for other manufacturers, avoid LG for bootyloops galore and if you're not using a CDMA carrier, go for a OnePlus 5.

S8, its better in everything but software but software isn't as bad as it was

Pixel because just werks, updates, and best camera.

Cheap Xiaomi with custom ROM is the Brest answer if you don't mind researching what bands you need, unlocking boot loader, and flashing custom ROMs.

Pixel xl is a good choice too if you have money to throw around.

Dying 5s user here, which Xiaomi is a good start with at least around $200 budget, I could probably cash to their latest gadget if it's good enough.

You will regret it. I just moved back to iPhone.

missed the taste of dick in your mouth?

>switching from an iPhone 7
>barely one year old phone
>looking to buy and waste more electronics instead of enjoying what he has

Never went with xiaomi but people here generally recommend redmi note 4.

my JB iphone 6 has been perfect, but the battery is on the way out and some apps are iOS 10 only

i have had enough... im a 24bit guy and the LG V30 gets me moist, the OS however does not

what about the iphone 7 do you dislike? a phone’s a phone is it not? what android features are you suddenly lusting after?

this, my 6s has been steady killing it since day one no need to upgrade for another few years.

Redmi Note 4 (or wait™ for the Note 5) or if you prefer a good camera over a 4000mAh battery the Xiaomi A1 is a good choice.

I currently have the regular Pixel 2 and quite like it. I had the 6p before and that was good, except the battery shit the bed.

I've only ever had the S5 before, but I will never get anything from Samsung ever again if it has Touchwiz, and personally I think you shouldn't either unless you can put regular Android on it. Touchwiz sucks dick. Sucks even more when you have a locked phone and you can't get rid of it. Sucks even still more when you don't get updated to the latest version of android for a solid fucking year.

If you prefer a good camera the Meizu M6 Note with f1.9 and 1.4um pixel size exists. Also has a second depth of field camera for that trending bokeh effects everyone seems to love lately.

It's also got the Snapdragon 625 and 4000mAh battery so you know battery life will be good, and unlike the Xiaomi it supports quick charge.

If you want to save 20 bucks for a worse camera though the redmi note 4x is still a pretty solid option.

>*teleports behind your back*

man, now that you mention it, a JB'd 128GB 6S would be really nice.

Apple is gay
Google is gay AND malicious

reposting this from the SPG because I dont want to write it again
>get iPhone 6 plus from eBay in April
>fast forward to earlier this week, touchscreen stops working, grey bar flickers over screen repeatedly
>do some research and find out this phone has a design flaw where it fucking BENDS over time and one of the chips detaches from the board, disabling touch
>take phone into well-reputed iPhone repair shop where a guy just fixes Apple's fuckups all day, he says come back tonight at 6
>"It's cool, I'll just come get it tomorrow" so he can do it well instead of rushed
>show up the next day, he hasnt fixed it, I sit there for three hours while he works on it and other phones only for him to tell me he couldnt fix it, will try again tonight
>come back the next day (today) he still couldnt fix it and advises me to go to Apple store
>Apple nitwits dont actually know how to fix anything besides broken glass, charge me $150 for a replacement
>'ok, fine, I'll pay your $150 ripoff price'
>turns out someone elses icloud was on the phone and I cant be verified as the owner, meaning they wont give me the $150 'deal' and I'm stuck with a $300 brick that's only a brick because Apple fucked up when they produced the phone

now the conundrum I'm faced with is, do I give back in to Apple or do I go with Google and their datamining Android bullshit.

Samsung actually feels good on the touch so take the S8.

I went from 6s Plus to Galaxy S8 and I kinda regret it... had to buy an iPhone 8 Plus because I just want live with android.

I rexommend Huawei p10 plus.