How do we fix this shitshow now?

Other urls found in this thread:

without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
strawpoll.me/14186486
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

X is worse

Linux is done.
Go to the BSD realm my brother.

can anybody give me a lowdown on systemD?

>(((Lennart Poettering)))

It's an OS using the linux kernel.

kek

>How do we fix this shitshow now?

Keep the faith and hang in there. Never doubt yourself. There's a reason that systemd leaves a bad taste in your mouth. No matter what reasonable sounding justifications it's shills will offer. And a lot of people feel this way. Keep calm and spread the word.

without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

>go to install a distro that doesn't have systemd
>find one that looks good
>pulseaudio is the default
wow

Install Gentoo. Seriously use flags let you compile all your programs without any systemd or pulse.

Nice job justifying yourself OP.
Don't worry the less spergs with systemd the merrier, at least I can dissociate from you autists.

why people shit on systemd?

-logging shit is confusing now
-taking over fstab
-taking over cron

if they made it to be like Solaris SMF then it would have been fine, but they took it way to far.

GNU/systemd/Linux is the new trinity.

I just chose ALSA when the option came up, Calculate Linux is just Gentoo anyway.

Fuck off Lennart.

strawpoll.me/14186486

It's poorly designed software that uses feature creep as a way to excuse its poor initial design. This leaves us with a critical piece of software that's poorly designed and filled with extraneous fluff. It's a massive attack vector, and the response is to make it larger.

We also don't need the features it offers. Upstart was better in every way, but RedHat had to shit on Canonical so that they could keep their "Canonical is just leeching of us lol" refraint.

only fucking noobs don't know how easy its to remove systemd from every distribution. But keep complaining you noob.

Started as an alright init system. Then it metastasized into taking over other parts of a Linux system and doing a bad job of it, Replaces system logs with coruptable binary logs., Buggy nfs replacement. Etc.

Lennart is basically a fecal Midas where everything he touches turns into shit.

>complaining about historic problems that are no longer relevant