What's wrong with IPv6?

what's wrong with IPv6?

Longer and even less readable than MAC

>What are hostnames

Compatibility with IPv4 is hell. But it's really nice in vacuum. Although it dims the model of subnets and all computers will have public IP with IPv6. Chinese's hacker botnet paradise.

>IPv4 iss doin JuSt FINE shudd shut thE vfUCK up

Per device

Nothing's wrong with it, I run it on my production server just fine. ISPs are loathe to support it though because it means work and cost and less profit. IPv4+NAT works well enough to make them money. It's only a matter of time before ISP-level NAT is introduced and actually having an IPv4 address will be something they can charge extra for, like they do with static IPs now. God I hate residential ISPs.

It's a shame, IPv6 does have some cool technical features, it's not just IPv4 with more address space. Jumbograms, mobile IP addresses, extensions and better multicasting are all solid improvements. Gonna be a long-ass time before we see it outside the datacenter or a couple ISPs.

>t's only a matter of time before ISP-level NAT is introduced and actually having an IPv4 address will be something they can charge extra for, like they do with static IPs now. God I hate residential ISPs.

This. Back in 2007 when HDSPA was introducted to my country, I got a global IP for fucking mobile net.
Today? I saw a 50/20M cable net connection of someone getting a NAT-ed IP.

You get CGN'ed in Turkey. You have to ask for to be opted out of CGN and they will try to sell you static IP after that. Only after you threaten them you can get a real IP and of course they put you in the CGN pool randomly again.

Did this post come out of a time portal or what?

>It's only a matter of time before ISP-level NAT is introduced
ISPs have already been trying this for years to slow down IPv4 exhaustion

>Gonna be a long-ass time before we see it outside the datacenter or a couple ISPs.
Residential ISPs have had IPv6 support for years in most western countries

Where is IPv5

if ipv6 is so good, why isn't there ipv6 2?

checkmate atheists

DOA

Where the hell do you live? In Poland pretty much all ISPs use NATs and give residential clients internal IPs, you have to pay (granted, not that much, like $2, but still) to have an external static IP. From what I know a lot of Europe does the same thing.

botnet

>poland
you do know that that poland is to europe what mexico is to the usa?

pretty sure you can still set up firewalls / nat

Is there any good paying infosec jobs in Poland? I want to move there later in life.

I'm white btw

I don't want to buy a new modem/router.

>poland
>no non-whites
>"mexico"
You aren't the brightest burger around the county, are ya?

not backward compatible with ipv4

It's not just IPv4 with more address bits. That's the problem. It introduces a lot of new dumb shit that's unnecessary and complicated.

lmao i bet you dont even know where europe is on the map

Um... no.

>poland is to europe what mexico is to the usa

woah
so this is the power of american education

Can you even point Poland in a map? Kek fucking americunts

NAT and subnets are what keep us safe

fugg ipv6 im waiting for ipv10

Definitely, there are. More and more companies are setting up offices here, to reap benefits of both great programmers/IT people and fairly low, in comparison to e.g. USA, wages and costs of living. Also, from what I'm hearing, polish army is planning to make an infoops/cyberops/psyops division, so that will be interesting.

There already is IPv10, google it. It's way of addressing packets containing both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses simultaneously.

Can I stay with you for a month to see if I like it?

(;

Depends. Are you young and cute?