Why can't all Linux environments be as good as this one?

Why can't all Linux environments be as good as this one?
Even the music player is fantastic.

>Why can't all Linux environments be as good as this one?
Because Linux sucks dicks.

Xfce is much better than this Gnome3 rip off

it's a solid kernel, though not elegant by any means

Shouldn't you be updating Windows, goy?

>this
>good

Looks like those chink toyphones for kids

i3 is superior, although I guess it is decent for people who want point and click.

>babby's first linux

Used to used eOS everyday, great for normies, and popularising linux. Now on arch+i3

ah yes the let's make things needlessly painful school of design

Clementine has a few bugs here and there but I found it an alright default music player. Didn't feel the need to install or use foobar2k at all. I think it's because of the system integration.

>devs prioritize design understanding that it's exceptionally important
>people enjoy it
WOW WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING?
IT'S NOT LIKE OTHER COMPANIES SPEND BILLIONS ON DESIGN FOR THIS EXACT REASON

It's really unfortunate though that majority of linux devs don't use it and instead contribute to a fucking shitty ass elitist distro.

Xubuntu is better, only thing it could do better is default applications like using viewnior as image viewer, terminator as terminal emulator, mpv as video player and audacious as music player.

Budgie looks pretty damn good.

May as well use apple at that point desu

>install an application
>can't find it in application menu
>have to make a shortcut yourself
Also
>useless GNOME shell at the bottom
>huge titlebars

Pretty sure that Pantheon is the worst DE right now.

>>useless GNOME shell at the bottom
*on top

But it's garbage though.

It's like an Apple product in all of the worst possible ways.
>Settings for default programs are nonexistent
>Making any changes to the desktop environment beyond the wallpaper requires third party software
>You can install alternatives to the default software, but none of the options available will follow the same design philosophy as the DE, so any program you install to be able to have some semblance of control will look out of place
>Developer is a greedy, spiteful cunt that considers his "contributions" to computing to be a gift to humanity
>The majority of the project consists of one person taking credit for the work of several people

Walled gardens are not okay, especially in the FOSS community.

You literally just named all of the programs I use as my defaults but have never seen anyone else on Sup Forums talk about them. I also use PCManFM, trans-ui-gtk2 for connecting to my seedbox and fileZilla for (s)ftp. Thinking of making an Ubuntu spin with those defaults and i3-gaps.

>Even the music player is fantastic.
What? The music player is one of the worst first-party elementary apps. If you library is just a decent size (even Firefox, Videos --> Gnome MPV, Music --> Clementine, Files --> PcmanFM, Scratch --> Gedit) and you're good to go.

>Implying MacOS isn't shit

I'm about to use bootcamp to install Windows on my Mac just because I'm so tired of all the bullshit

>>babby's first linux
THAT'S THE FUCKING POINT RETARD

LINUX HAS TO BE EASY IF YOU WANT IT TO BE USED

I really like the DE, but i think it would be better if it was a little more customizable, like allowing to put files on the desktop or the possibility to enable a dark mode without elementary tweaks.
IMO gnome devs should follow some of their ideas too

Remember, if you don't hand your shekels over for Ubuntu with an OS X theme slapped on, you're cheating the system!

Looks awful, at least gnome looks good.

nah one of them should be for the babbies, the rest are for the real niggas. And nigga, if you aint a real nigga, then nigga, gtfo nigga

win 7 user here
gotta admit that looks pretty clean

>Xubuntu with custom set of apps and themes

Excatly what I'm using