Iphone 8 turned out to be a giant flop

Multiple sources report that Iphone 8 doesn't sell. What say you Sup Forums? Are they finished?

cnet.com/news/iphone-7-outselling-iphone-8-report/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect
youtube.com/watch?v=_1rXqD6M614
bloomberg.com/features/apple-iphone-guts/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Old cheaper phone outselling new expensive phone
woah

Apple has been finished for a while now. They're surviving solely on hype.

>They're surviving solely on hype.
and on past glory

It shouldn't have sold at all. Why the fuck would anyone buy it when the X is on the way?

>retard notch
I wonder

>Why the fuck would anyone buy it when the X is on the way?
t. delusional apple shareholder

>apple products
>being bought by people with deductive reasoning

X > 8 ergo they will buy the X. The notch is a feature, clearly.

Apple enthusiasts are holding out for the X and the average consumer doesn't care about a much faster SoC or "true tone display," wireless charging and a slightly better camera aren't worth $150.

The X should've been then 8 Plus.

Some guy on hackernews in the comments said that apple could easily live on for about 50 years without making any profit. Not sure how true it is though, but it seems not too crazy if they dont make LOTS of losses.

>Apple enthusiasts are holding out for the X and the average consumer doesn't care about a much faster SoC or "true tone display," wireless charging and a slightly better camera aren't worth $150.
This. 8 shouldn't even exist. It alone is proof that post-Jobs Apple management doesn't know what the fuck they're doing .

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect

This. Modern Apple is retarded and should be sold to Samsung before it's too late.

>only 3 million iphone x's
chaos. Worse than the switch launch.

>Some guy on hackernews in the comments said that apple could easily live on for about 50 years without making any profit.
Can't a company survive forever without profit? As in they'll just break even every year?

if they merge something like could happen

Samsung is peace of shit.

Apple has alot of money in the pocket.
I think they had not paid any divides and just kept that money in the corporation.
Ofc they can't survive forever without good products.

No you can't. That's not how economy works. You have to make profit

UI/UX designer here. Notch is a fucking disaster. I have no idea how it got to production. I am blown away. I bet when Jony boy saw Essential phone there was a loud "Fuck" you could hear throughout Apple Campus.

Still better than Apple. It says a lot when Apple is paying Samsung for binned OLED batches.

Why not? Then how do you explain amazon? Of course they're spending all of their revenue on expanding their business, but I don't see why all companies would need to grow that quickly.

>Apple has alot of money in the pocket.
But they don't have factories in western countries cause they moved everything to China. One day commies will take away their factories and they will go bankrupt in one day.

AmaZOG wants to expand that quickly because Bezos wants it to be the only business in the country one day.

When you're the only one around who offers a specific product or service, your word is law and you can dictate prices as you wish, without regard for your producers and consumers.

hey guys im your official Sup Forums teacher here
what did i teach you in lesson one?
ah thats correct
if someone starts a post by saying "X here" that person is not X but an Obese basement dwelling NEET with the lone exception if the person posts "obese basement dwelling NEET here" in which case they are an obese basement dwelling NEET

if you don't have any costs of operation financed by debt or any costs at all, then yes it can survive forever since in the end the company is just the name of an LLC or another type of commercial society plus it's address which could just be your home

>iphone 8
>an irremovable accumulator.

> you got me again armchair man

youtube.com/watch?v=_1rXqD6M614

this is the state of apple currently

>imaginary money equates to real money
ye sure go sleep, Apple needs to sell their phones to the end consumer or they are toasts. Those faggots aint Smansung that besides their ps hack debacle, exploding phones, CEO arrest for corruption... survives and makes profit.

how can he be so smug

This is now a Smug Jobs thread

looks the same as 7 and 6 and all apple customers care is looks
10 is the hot shit, 8 is the cheap shit

My mom got the 64gb 8 for $399.99 by trading in her old 16gb 6.

I wanna buy her a fast charge but it;s $25 for the tacble and $17 for the cheapest USB PD charger,

About fucking time, they've done enough damage to the phone industry as it is.

Meek, unconfident people don't sell billions of dollars of product.

Everyone is waiting for the iPhoneX, senpai.

The notch is obviously the result of someone at the top wanting a bezel-free iPhone AT ANY COST.

>following the nigger jew on a sjw-tier shit site

This is some great insight on corporate culture and could help explain much of why so many companies are turning into SJW dens: the HR people are getting promoted at a faster pace than other areas.
It's so rare to see successful businessmen giving out such honest and valuable advice.

Is that GIF accurate? That looks fucking retarded.

OH THE FUCKING IRONING

the 7 and 6, and even the 5, still work perfectly fine lol. theres no reason to upgrade except for status symbol.

fucking retards need to hurry up and make holograms or some shit if they want people to buy new phones

>be multi billionaire
>be father and husband
>get treatable cancer
>eat activated walnuts instead and eat more lettuce
>die
Truly one of the most moronic people on the planet. He surrounded himself with people who sucked his cock daily and patted him on the back for turning up for work so much that he became delusional to the point of thinking he could cure his own cancer.

It is.

Google what the fuck

Nope. In the business world, management completely loses their shit if profits aren't like 15% per year/quarter.

Could a company subsist with a steady 1% profit? Yes. Would they get outside investors? No.

It's fake. The real behavior is even more retarded.

The notch literally blocks the indicator so you can't even see it.

Fucking kek.

kekd
Oh shit nigga what the fuck are they doing? At least with the 3.5mm jack removal you could argue they are trying to boost airpod sales or whatever they're called but what are they trying to accomplish with this? Other than pissing off every app developer in the iOS market?

That's not how the market works. If they stop posting profits, investors will drop them like a sack of shit, which will make their market value plummet and suddenly the company is worth nothing.

Here's a crazy idea.

If you're going to do that, why not go all the way and disregard the goddamn front camera?

probably, theyre sitting on like 100 billion cash or some shit

Anyone else think they totally overestimated the X sales?

Give you an example. One guy was on smartphone general with I believe a 5s iphone. They were about to get an 8. I suggested a 7 which is still superior to the 5 and much cheaper than a 8.

So here is my line of thinking
>you have a 5 then a 7 is a great upgrade, while anything above isn't worth the money and if you are still rocking a 5, then you don't want to spend a lot on a new phone

>if have a 6, 6s/plus, then there isn't a need to upgrade because your phone is good enough. Some with a 6 instead of 6s may want more ram, but still minor numbers here
>7 has no reason to upgrade

So the only people who would want an x are the people who upgrade every year or the people that have the money and an older phone than a 6s.

Tell me about Steve, why does he wear the women's dress?

Wanting to buy an old iPhone is just stupid. It will get slowed down by their updates and most of the times more expensive than a good android

>Anyone else think they totally overestimated the X sales
No.

incontinence

Keep in mind your app will be rejected if it tries to do it this way.

Jobs wasn't even a programmer. He was just a slick marketing professional with some engineering experience. He made Woz do all the technical work.

>became delusional to the point of thinking he could cure his own cancer
be a fucking billionaire
create one of the worlds most recognizable brands

I have just one question. How can I become this delusional?

he was a good businessman. i remember some story where he negotiated a trip to europe or some shit to sell some shit or whatever and ended up getting a free trip to india off that and just coming back from that vacation whenever the fuck he felt like it, and upon his return, he saved Apple lol

>advocating monopolistic practices
get out

>He made Woz do all the technical work.
He also stole money from the woz when they first met.

>$800 last year clone doesn't sell when the $1000 real upgrade will be released a month later

>saved Apple
That was Bill Gates.

>That was Bill Gates.
This. Why the fuck isn't this mentioned more?

u wot m8's

Idiot new g

It just kills me how a company can do something right and get little praise then Apple does it with serious, dealbreaker flaws (low DPI screen, removed functionality, goofups like the "notch") and everyone raves and can't wait to buy it. The iPhone X will probably sell out for the next year yet it's not even as good as the aged Galaxy S8+ or LG V30..

Steve Jobs had pancreatic cancer for TWO DECADES with his natural treatment you fucking idiot.
Now look up the survival rate and average lifespan of pancreatic cancer patients undergoing conventional treatment. Jobs would've died in 1993 if he had gone down the (((chemotherapy))) path designed to "treat" the goyim.

>dealbreaker flaws (low DPI screen, removed functionality, goofups like the "notch")
Daily reminder that Apple sells its shortcomings by representing them as bad. You want a high DPI screen? Too bad thats not good for battery. You want headphone jack? Go fuck yourself, makes phones thicker.

>underaged

>Steve Jobs had pancreatic cancer
Pancreatic cancer you say

The only thing I can find dates for is when he was diagnosed, when he admitted he had cancer and what treatment options he was pursuing and that he regretted his choices in the end.

>Jobs would've died in 1993
If only.

that's the same fucking nintendo nigger logic Sup Forumstards use

Just wait. All the applefags will cry about it then Apple will stop production on the iPhone 7.

Apple hasn't made phone thinner for the last 5 iPhones you fucking redditor.

Fuck you

Bill Gates looks swedish as fuck

Watch your profanity please Sup Forums. 27% of posts in this thread have used the F word

I know you cocksniffing troglodyte. That is how everyone justified it though.

Shut the fuck up or I'll come mouthfuck your fucking face while you sleep you fucknugget.

bloomberg.com/features/apple-iphone-guts/

Which iPhone was the most aesthetic on the inside tho

Yeah, but most of their money sitting overseas. They have $80 billion debt in the US, and since there's heavy taxes to send cash back to the US, they have barely enough held overseas to pay off the debt.
They are in deep shit if they don't continue selling the amounts they were selling the past few years.

the first one. That battery, ooh la la. Imagine if modern phones were so thicc.

They could just relocate. Creditors won't give a shit where the company is located, as long as it is a country with reliable business laws like Singapore or Ireland.

>no significant change since 5
>muh innovation and design
They make it sound like each new iphone is designed by twelve magic fucking angels who come down from heaven when infact they just replace every part with a slightly faster version every year and call it innovation.

>makes first real gui
>makes first real mouse
>makes first home computer
>creates/helps pixar
>makes ipod
>makes iphone
>makes apple brand a thing better then countries
>makes apple store

while bill gates
>says mac os should be licenced to literal shitwares like chinks and others
>ipod will never be success
>nobody wants a tablet without stylus ipad will fail lol
>nobody want touch screen keyboard on phone thus iphone will fail
>ipads will never have better market share then Personal PC's

Bill gates is just code monkey who stoled right thing at right time.

steve was a genius marketer,designer,interprenuer.

>thinking that 150 million$ wasnt for to cover their asses for literally ripping off quicktime code

they would have to pay 1.5 billion $ if they didnt agree

Buy inhalants, do them, then you will be as delusional as you want to be.

this

>interprenuer
Stay in your third world shithole

>apple II
>home computer
For $1300 1977 dollars? $5000 today.
ZX81 is more like it, $100 dollars for a computer.

Idiot. Apple was dying, and Bill Gates saved them to be able to keep Microsoft's government contracts (which would be impossible for them if Microsoft was an undeniable monopoloy).
The apple lawsuit was not anything that would have been considered disruptive to Microsoft back then even if it wasn't dropped. Apple dropped it to save their own sorry asses, because they wouldn't survive without Microsoft's cash, and software support for apple.

People really don't remember how bad it was for apple before Bill Gates stepped in. The apple stores in the 90's closed down, and the very few that stayed open were all dilapidated, but still had full stock of overpriced unwanted hardware.