Fried gpu repair

g I need your help, my gpu fuckin exploded and i need to know if it can be repaired or if i should just buy a new one.

buy a new one. Even if you replace the damaged components, the chips are damaged too or the source is still present.

I have a dead GPU without any visible damage. I think it's shorting the PSU and causing it to shut down immediately.

Help me!

Manufacturer's warranty?

RMA that bitch, nigga.

ive owned it for nearly 4 years and i was thinking of upgrading anyway but i dont have the money for it just yet

you're not going to find anyone on Sup Forums with the electronics knowledge to help you repair that. This place is just full of teenage gaymer kiddies.

Soldering SMD components is really fucking hard and I doubt you have the right components at hand + you need to be able to read the values. And as said, you might just blow it up again even if you succeed. Buy a new one, this is unreliable and possibly dangerous to try and repair.

>ive owned it for nearly 4 years and i was thinking of upgrading anyway but i dont have the money for it just yet
It's fucked then, and it would cost you more money in specialized hardware, time, and education to diy a fix yourself.

Jesus

Unless you are like louis rossmann and can repair technology effortlessly, you cant repair it. Nobody is going to know how to repair whateverthefuck 4 year old gpu you have, there are way too many for someone to specialize in repairing your special one.

The better solution is to just buy a newer shitty gpu if you need to scrape by.

Best solution is to stop being a poor bitch and use your shitpile of money to get a suit and interview for a real job

Seriously you're low on cash and your first concern is your gaming machine

how do you know im not a professional esports gamer?

If you were, a or two gpu wouldn't be a problem to buy. (or get it free for free advertisment)

Even if you had the skill to do the soldering work, the traces underneath will almost certainly be toast from a blowout like that. Bin it or mount it on the wall or something.

Sorry op idiot here. Sup Forums

Sorry OP. Too many components are totally burnt the fuck out to repair.

Get a new card. Also, what make/model was this? Did you OC it much? What model PSU did you use as well?

sounds like you're shit at it if you're using a 4 year old gpu, and cant even afford to replace it

how about professional manchild

So long as no traces are fucked, you can just replace the burned or damaged components. Give the area a wash with some iso and take another picture.

this was a radeon hd 7850 and my psu is 600W

Who made your PSU?

Web """"""""""""""""""""""""""""developer""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

its a Pure Power l8 made by be quiet

i dont have any iso on hand would vodka work?

If it's high enough proof, I don't see why not.

Since no one has asked. How did it explode?

i was playing kerbal space program then my monitors went black and i started to smell burning

Kek

Buy a new GPU and a new PSU just to be extra safe.

just checked and im all out of vodka ill go and buy some iso tomorrow and then ill update you all. thanks for the help anyway

how?
I have a shitty HP laptop and i have managed toplay ksp no problem with 30 mods installed (although admittedly i didn't use maximum graphics or any graphics enhancing mods).
Perhaps it was a fluke and your GPU was just old?

idk i wasnt even flying a large ship it was just basic

Did you overclock your card? If so, by how much?

it wasnt overclocked

0 chance you will fix that. start saving your money

what OS were you using? Anything out of the ordanary occur? Screen Res? Was it misbehaving prior? Etc?

I have an XFX R9 380X that I don't use. If you want it, let me know.

keep blowtorch away from electronics

i want it but this sounds dodgy af

windows 7 with some reg edits to stop win 10 update. there wasnt anything wrong with it before this although i had recently added a 3rd monitor to my setup

I's a mystery to me then.

I get it... seems shady on Sup Forums cause this place is filled with salty bitter teens who like to rage at other strangers because they don't want to accept the fact that they are losers at their own hands. But, I assure you I am not trying to do anything dodgy.

I'm giving you the card at no cost to you. You can even send me a different address.

If you live in southern California, I can even drop it off to you in public or some secret location if that makes you feel better.

Just trying to help others out is all. Not everyone here is wacked out.

are you able to ship it to the uk?

Only if you're the OP.

yeah thats me, make a temp email address and ill tell you where to post it

Okay, hang on... going to make one now.

Created: temp4chan at zhorachu.com

got two emails.

OP, post a pic of your burnt out card with the first number of your address. First number ONLY.

Then I can tell which is the real OP.

shitty pic but here

Because successful ones aren't retarded.

Okay, got it... will ship it to you tomorrow. The post office/fedex/ups/dhl is closed on sunday.

I recently reapplied the thermal grease on the card and only used it for maybe 100 hours max (half of that was spent on gaming). Glad it'll find a home where it can get some use.

thanks dude, its nice to know some people on this website can be cool

A buddy of mine repaired his gpu by putting it in the oven for a little bit.
You can give it a try.

I rarely frequent this place... cause its 99% shit 99% of the time.

Id very much like to believe what is going on is true and everybody will go out the door being happy.

I want to believe in a good world right now.

Ask /diy/, this place is lost.

Don't worry, some board maintainers are making Sup Forums great again.

But the fact is that you know OP is going to get kidnapped and put into a human trafficking ring the moment he opens the package.

that sounds pretty hot ngl

Im not sure if that guy is a real good guy, or a trickster. Godspeed user.

Its impossible. Reflowing never works for modern cards BTW.

>ngl
Explain this modern meme.

NGL= Not Gonna Lie

It will happen. Cause I want it to and thus I'm going to make it happen.

I'll post pics of the shipping slip tomorrow.

wew lads, now kiss

You will never see your graphics card again, except maybe on ebay.

Hey can you have a look at my ass massager too? I think something went pop whilst it was inside my ass.