>2020
>256GB of RAM (32x more rams)

Holy fuck Sup Forums !

> tfw fell for the 256GB of RAM is enough

Always sage and hide.

Playstation 3 seriously had 256mb ram?
That's 1990's tier

>256 mb of RAM
How on earth did it play video games with that little? That's abnormally low even for 2006.

Lets solve this

ps1 -> ps2 (x16)
ps2 -> ps3 (x8)
ps3 -> ps4 (x32)
ps4 -> ps5 (???)

x16 :^)

256MB system RAM plus 256MB VRAM. The PS4 has a unified pool of GDDR5.

64GB on PS5 if we are lucky.

video game companies usually cheap out on hardwares

To put things into perspective, the PS2 had 32MB RAM to work with. It is amazing Deus Ex managed to work on it, even with all the re-engineering required.

256MB of very fast XDR RAM

Virtual texturing and a whole lot of other tricks.

The next console will probably have 16gb of combined RAM.
The ps4 was wired because it shares ram between cpu & gpu.
Also the ps3 has 256mb system ram and 256mb graphics RAM so it had like 512mb total.

>sonyponies touching themselves ITT
One day you'll realize there's actually decent hardware out there

I see 24GB of combined ram, as next consoles are gonna be 4K centric.

Ps3 has 512mb of ram though
So it's always been x16

PS5: storage and RAM become one

All those specs and games haven't gotten more fun.
If anything, they've gotten objectively worse.
Notice how they keep doing hd rereleases of 20 year old games, people just tried harder then.

I doubt that considering the internal resalution for games on consoles isn't even 1080p most of the time.

Most PS4 games are 1080p WITHOUT dynamic resolution shenanigans.

Xbone is a lot of 900p/dynamic res shit though.

New consoles won't hit for another 3 years probably, I really do see 24GB.

It probably won't be 256gb. I'm calling it. Somewhere between 16 to 32 gb of RAM if you are lucky. Seeing as how high end machines now have 16 gb RAM. The PS4 has harxware that was out of date even for the time. OP tech improvement has massively slowed down. Sorry

Most of the high end gaming motherboards still take a maximum of 64 GB. PS5 will have no more the 32GB as console prices are made as cheap as possible.

That really isn't true with the PS4 Pro and XboneX. Most PS4 Pro games run at 1440p+ with checkerboarding to 4K, with some at native 4K. The XboneX should have even more native 4K titles thanks to its stronger GPU. Forza 7 is already confirmed native 4K, 60fps and a match for PC's highest settings at launch. Not that there'll be a single thing worth playing on it still.

It's the game is graphically intensive at all the PS4 will drop to 900p and xbone will do 720, such as bf4. Even then half those games or more aren't even 60fps.

Who cares about memory, I want my jailbreak and pirated games for it.

>>PS5
What are you, 16? Fucking Sup Forums tech illiterates.

wtf
Sup Forums threads are always full of kids

PS5 will be VGaaS, the thin client + subscription will cost $900 and you won't have the ability to play offline.

x64

>Deus ex on ps2

They somehow made it look alot better then on PC at the time.