Is this an acceptable degree of progress for six years of work?

Is this an acceptable degree of progress for six years of work?

It is when you have no stiff competition from AMD. Intel fanboys would prefer to beg for their annual IPC crumbs, and they dare not ask for more cores.

Does it work, and work well?

If so I'd say yes.

CPU-Z is perfect for six years of work. What else do you want it to do, suck your cock?

Yes

t. computer architecture graduate student

Compare the instructions the cpus support
Compare the power consumption

They're both x86, the implementation has changed a lot though. I think that CPU-z is comparing actual performance though (though on an ultimately imperfect benchmark).

Power consumption has improved quite a bit though as transistors get smaller, voltages get lower, and CPUs have more ways to turn off unused modules.

Tasty ipc crumbs

It's not about CPU-Z.

Moar cores
More instructions
Higher clock rate off the bat
Lower power consumption

Keep in mind that the tests are made for the CPUs too, it's not the other way around

>two processes in the same family of processors have the same instruction sets
Lmao no

But I agree with you. It's all the government spyware crap they continuously shove down our throats. Real benchmarks with them hardcoded in would be through the roof

It is an acceptable degree of progress when the competition is weak.

With Ryzen's launch, Intel's ass got kicked hard. They now have a strong incentive to improve.

to be fair that sandy isn't at 4.2ghz though, more likely 4.7ish for a 475 sc score. While it hasn't been leaps and bounds ipc has improved and the avg sample clocks higher than before so they are faster.

>it took years for ayymd to release something decent that doesn’t even match intel sinngle core performance
>intel answer is more cores housefire
b-b-ut it’s o-only because of muh competition otherwise it would be like in the 90’s

how are you scoring that high?
my 2600k at 4.6ghz only hits 427 single

Higher OC or better cooling, or both, would be my guess.

Also, CPU-Z can sometimes report different results for two runs on the same machine, that's also a possibility.

tfw stock fag :((

>Higher OC or better cooling
I have a custom water cooling loop
my chip never goes above 45C ever
even a 5.0ghz OC puts me at 461

Oc that bitch dude.
even running lower voltage at 4.2-4.5ghz is easy. basically all 2600k can do it.

Then I guess the blame gows to CPU-Z. On my 3770k at 4,8GHz using the older version with those hight benchmarks numbers I used to get a 500-800 points variance on the multithreaded scroe, really depending on nothing, running multiple benchmarks one after another could raise or lower my score.

By improve, do you mean pull even more abusive monopolistic practices?