Things you are legit autistic about in tech

Things you are legit autistic about in tech

>Been ripping all my CDs to FLAC and putting them on my media server for plex.
>Wife decides she is going to do it as well.
Her laptop is a POS
says it takes forever to rip to flac
instead she
>itunes
>96Khz
>MP3
>not tagging them properly
>mad when Plex doesn't see them.

I don't share my masturbator with anyone else.

Dump that bitch op

I'm legit autistic about managing music
I have over 13.000 songs on my phone alone, almost all of them tagged

>MP3
>96Khz
Oh boy, you don't want to know how they will sound like in a year. At least make sure she keeps the files in a cool dry place.

to avoid rotational velocidensity amirite?

>96Khz
?? Do you mean kbps?

I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking I'm autistic if they saw the strict organization of my >30k song collection

>96 KHz mp3
96 KHz is good. Do you mean 96 kbps?

>Degrading
How the fuck?
By that definition, a txt file from 20 years ago would all be completely distorted and changed.

>all my C implementations are C99 compatible

Yes. I remember downloading such low bitrate MP3s in 1997 off napster to burn to a CD and play on my Playstation.

I am very autistic about how my media is organized.

Why the fuck do people care about music so much? All I hear about with normal people is about this artist or that artist. How they bought this album and went to the x concert. All I hear from people like Sup Forums is how they have 13000000 songs on some obscure software that they made custom gui for.

Like FUCK why are people so into music? Am I just broken? I barely go out of my way to turn a radio on.

Woah woah woah, do you seriously not know the difference between lossless and lossy compression?

Music is the only think keeping me from killing myself because I am poor and never will get out of it no matter what I do.

Best headset and mp3 player under $500 both? Been looking at the Sony now a35 and bass play 128gb

i just listen to spotify on my anker soundbuds, but getting in my car or using decent headphones makes me feel good
but for daily i cant complain about spotify and ankers since its shit cheap if it breaks and it works

it sounds nice. I'm one of those 10k songs and custom GUI people. I rip CDs to flac and have a high-end hifi system.
Its just a thing to care about, even for the normies.

Are you a mudslime?
Cuz you sound like one.

>thinks muslims don't have sick gypsy screaming music

wallahud spotted

LCD panels and lights annoy me because i can see them flicker

i have magical powers of perception that normalfags do not posses

oh and m'thinkpads

music used to be good back in the day, those of us old enough to remember the good music are therefore obsessed with it

i feel sorry for today's youth

yeah fuck that mumble (c)rap am i right? haha :)

They can enjoy anything from the past.

There’s a lot of good music from this era, you just refuse to grow up and get on with the times because your life is shit now and prefer remember good old times when you were younger thinner and had a nice hair.

Not OP, but there’s a solid difference between bit rates up to a certain point.

Lower bit rates utterly kill mixing, and make audio frequencies all mushy.

It’s the difference between listening to music through a pair of earmuffs, and listening to music as if they’re on a stage in front of you, unobstructed.

You're right, modern anime still has a good song once in a while.

>wife
>implying

>Title
>Artist
>Composer
>Arranger
>Filetype
>Sample Rate
>Bitrate
>MD5
>bits per sample
>channels
>db range
Anything else?

no, music today sucks at a much larger rate than years ago. It used to be that you had to at least learn an instrument, which would weed out the shitheads. Nowadays, every cunt with a software suite likes making 'chill hip-hop beats' or god forbid fucking trap. Any music an out-of-the-loop oldfuck would be exposed to in their day to day is complete and utter garbage.

everything is going to suck a lot more with more people on the planet dumbass lrn2science

anyone got the picture of this dick in question?

It's an old meme, don't worry, your files are safe.

lrn2science yourself cumstain, your unfounded claim doesn't mean shit. Flesh it out

I don't see why it would take more time to rip music on her laptop just because it's a POS, unless it also has a POS cd drive. Anyway, she's your wife, OP, why don't you let her rip it on your PC/rip it for her?

>wife
>implying

Some exemple

txt files are lossless though user

13 songs isn't that many. But you should express integers as such and not force a conversion to a float.

How can you support JaysTwoCents Sup Forums? He's an antisemitic racist that's part of a racist podcast called The Daily Shoah. He's also a Holocaust denier. People like him are trash.

It's not my fault I always choose .flac or ask if there's a .flac version just because I want the best of quality. .mp3 format is bad because it degrades the music by making it sound like muffled or not clean. I'm able to point the difference of quality between from .flac and .mp3 even when I'm not using headphones.

Only use .mp3 format at 320kbps if you're gonna listen on portable devices such as smartphone or something similar, and even in that matter, you're better off using .ogg format instead.

its just you

I gotta admit: Windows 10 looks like absolute trash.

What were they thinking? Honestly, look at that. Nothing is centered, nothing is looking modern because it's still having that old 90s "bordered button" look. And those blocky fonts combined with the "threedimensional borders". Wow.

I'm not saying other OSs from other companies or Linux looks better, but Windows 10 sure looks like trash when compared to 7, 8 or 8.1 and I don't even know how they could manage do accomplish that.

gotta have something playing in the background so you can't hear your own lardass breathing noises.

Or for me, your colleague's lardass breathing noises.

There are people who haven't developed a proprietary way of organizing their music libraries?

Text files degrade slower because they are less dense. But it does happen. Go ahead and try to read a floppy disk you saved 15 years ago. Bit rot is terrifying.

Jobs: Microsoft have no taste.
Gates: But we have a lot of money.

God this so much. I don't understand music fags. I have like 5 songs that I downloaded from youtube. I've listened to them maybe a handful of times. Music is just meh to me.

>wow people like things that I don't like. I don't even understand this at all wtf

You may think music in the past was way better but really that's because most people only remember the absolute best of it, while the trash-tier one is forgotten. I assure you, there is great music now as was in the past, and there is shit music now as was in the past.
Also you sound like you didn't even bother to look for new music outside of radio/tv/mainstream media.

Thank you for the laugh

people touching screens that aren't phones or tablets when they don't really even need to be pointing at the screen but they are for some stupid reason

even worse if it's children with their filthy little paws that are always covered in food and whatever else

>All I hear about with normal people is about this artist or that artist. How they bought this album and went to the x concert.
Normal people don't do this. The vast majority of people are casuals that just listen to popular shit on the top 100 charts or whatever the hell it's called.

cat ~/.bash_history
sudo pacman -Syu
sudo pacman -Syu
poweroff
sudo pacman -Syu
sudo systemctl enable httpd
sudo pacman -S apache
sudo pacman -Syu
sudo systemctl enable httpd
sudo systemctl start httpd
sudo pacman -Syu

>systemctl

>he doesn't store his important data on LTO tapes
>he doesn't want to read his data back in 20 years with almost no degradation

It's almost like you want to lose your files desu

care to share what you listen to?
i'd like some salvation songs.

>inb4 offtopic
i have at least 50 tabs open at any given time hurr

>some obscure software
MusicBee isn't obscure tho.

>Like FUCK why are people so into music? Am I just broken? I barely go out of my way to turn a radio on.
You probably haven't heard enough genres or didn't appreciate them at the time. Imho the more you listen the better you can appreciate it, how you feel plays a role too.

>w-why d-do people like things?
>is it beyond my mental capacity to understand why people like things?
I used to ask the same question about sports when I was twelve years old since I'm not into sports myself. You're either a child, a retard or both.

What is actually happening in this image anyways

>he doesn't know about digital dust

>Am I just broken?
Definitely. You have my condolences.

>he's never had bitrot change a word in his text files
Underage b& please

Plex is supposed to analyze music and find the metadata without tags, you're not some poorfag without a Plexpass are you?