What is this?

I... I don't understand...

owo what is this?

I think mecrosoft decided I might not be in control of my power settings anymore?

It was only a matter of time.

*notices your bulge and pounds you when clothed* 0w0

What happens if you click on "Change plan settings"?

OP here, not on topic but since this is about windows being a bicht...

I cleaned up through the windows cleanup option itself and windows went full retard

Cant write shit in the start menu to search for things, not even the search toolbar is working anymore, not things like notes or the calculator.
windows update asks last update even though is installed.

I tried several methods of repairing this and nothing do shit. checks with sfc or dism included, services restarting, powershell registering etc...

If only you know whats going on and try to help me

it goes to the screen power off and sleep settings

Just reinstall. That has been the best solution for Windows problems since the beginning.

install windows 7

That's why I stayed on 8.1
Gave W10 another chance yesterday and it was kinda awful. Got the problem with the start menu too, and for some reason the Store was giving me a "unknown layout specified in manifest" error, which Microsoft told me it was due to wrong country, total bullcrap since it had the correct country in the settings.
Also some updates not installing properly, one of them was stuck in "installing" the whole day, and when I restarted during night, it still said the same.
I really fail to see a reason to stay on W10. If my laptop dies in the future, I'll install linux on the new one, unless Microsoft fixed everything wrong with w10 at that point, which I doubt because w10 is just a lot of random pieces of software stuck to each other with duck tape

This. Windows 10 takes no more than 20 minutes anymore to get a fully finish install with all your programs.

Windows 10 is what happens when there is no completed product to be proud of and everything is outsourced to India.

Hello.
I'm truly sorry you are having this problem.
In order to help could you please tell me what version of windows are you using and have you checked if it is a genuine Microsoft product? Can I also please know what PC/Laptop you are using?
Do you have any antivirus/firewall installed? If so please disable those.
And lastly I need to ask you to restart your computer.
Let me know if the problem still persists.

Thanks
Raghav J.
Microsoft Community senior member

There is an entire board dedicated on shitting on people of color. Post your racist believes there.

And there are websites devoted to the political correct religion, and this isn't one of them, so please, leave and find another one.

The point was that outsourcing everything to [insert whatever country you like] makes for a bad product.

>Using windows unironically

what are they trying to say with this?

Welp
there goes winblows again
I might as well reinstall since it reached a point of no return.
Cant open mostly anything now
thanks anyway

That's just the way power settings are now. The slider picks an overlay, which is a set of settings that gets applied on top of the balanced plan. The overlays don't seem to change all the same settings as the old plans though, so I recommend going through the mobility center (until they fix that, at which point you can use powercfg). Also, you can still clone the power saver and high performance plans, but be aware that cloning doesn't copy all of the settings, just most of the ones that show up in the UI (same deal with importing/exporting with powercfg).

>thanks you for beta testing Windows 10
>please look forward to the next be-- i mean creators update in spring 2018

That they don't give a shit about consistency at all.

>dude Linux haha all your shit is broken and you have to configure it for hours haha

you forgot one

That's what I was confused about.
Do they just statically compile icons into binaries at Microsoft?

there are still some 3.x 95 98 2k icons in the system too

System icons are stored in DLL files so yes

What a mess. Why do they not care about keeping a consistent interface? There must be an explanation for this, I refuse to believe a company this massive just overlooked that detail.

Wtf. This interface looks almost exactly like KDE.

>I refuse to believe a company this massive just overlooked that detail.
lol

So they broken the power management too now? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH WINBLOWS 10 IS SUCH A PIECE OF SHIT!!!1111elevn

Windows 8 was released almost exactly 5 years ago to day. In that 5 years they couldn't fix those major inconsistencies and couldn't get rid of the control panel.

26 October, holy shit, Press S to spit on its grave

get out neofag

Press P to poop on its grave

Is because ((((((((they))))))) are more dedicated to build spy shit to another thing.

>I... I don't understand...
you don't have to, windows its designed for retards.