Decentralized Spotify

would it be possible for us to work together and make some sort of decentralized music streaming application?
What would we need to do to make something like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

dsound.audio
dtube.video/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>would it be possible for us to work together and make some sort of decentralized music streaming application?
Yes

The problem isn't the technological platform, the problem is copyrights and royalties.

buskers already exist

>What would we need to do to make something like this?
Motivation to do it and not abandon the project after a few months

Assuming we're all okay with hosting it outside the law, and we have to motivation to finish it, could we do it? if so, how?

S
E
M
E
N

D
E
M
O
N

that's a child

Yes, and?

Who is this fluid druid?

:/

There was a project called aquarious or something like that. They were sued and had to shut it down

No

fuck you animefrogposter

thats kawaii tho

but you're still fucking gay

But user! It was like one of the only semi-music related gifs I had saved on my comp. I don't have deep piles of related images on my computer...

Check out seesu.me

Why do you need spotify when you can download music?

user this site looks like some Russian botnet shit, are you certain this is the best we can do?

next Sup Forums project?
I could make logo.

As long as you actually do it

Welcome to Sup Forums, newfriend! Here, let this infographic be your guide :)

ew... >.>

there's already nuxn.com

How can you support JaysTwoCents Sup Forums? He's an antisemitic racist that's part of a racist podcast called The Daily Shoah. He's also a Holocaust denier. People like him are trash!

If you were actually serious about this project you would have already created some base for us to start from and you would ideally already have some experience with project leadership but seeing as you are asking very basic questions on how to simply get started it will not happen. Sounds like you're looking for someone else whose willing to do all the hard work so you can reap the benefits.

This project won't go anywhere.

>decentralized file sharing (like bittorrent, ipfs)
>some way to index hashes to musics
the second one is pretty hard, i think. the only way so that it doesn't get shutdown instantly is to make a way that the application (or whatever you use to interact with it) doesn't contains anything illegal per se (just like torrent clients aren't illegal), but still have the capability to search without a central server or something (tracker, etc).
it is possible to search on the dht that some p2p protocols use (kinda how eMule/Limeware did), but it is unreliable and it doesn't guarantee that the file is of decent quality (or even valid).

the only way some trackers get away with it is that the material is unlicensed where the server is hosted (anime, mostly), or by being somewhat "underground". music is pretty much licensed everywhere, and a spotify-like application wouldn't be underground for very long.

wew that was a long shitpost

not exactly what you're looking for but this exists dsound.audio and is hosted on IPFS

Seriously who is this girl

it might be easier to hack spotfy. There was a hack that made you premium user.

there is/was one for videos so yes

make it hard to acces like a private tracker, boom solved

the best thing will always be having your own home server and streaming from it. everything else is either slow as fuck or gets taken down

How would you get the music to host in the home server?

torrents & cds & other media from ebay/discogs/physical stores selling used shit and the library

are you telling us the problem has already been solved and this entire thread is pointless?

Ujo is a Consensys project doing just this OP.

Aki Miyagawa

Just torrent fucko

>how can you support x, he likes things I don't like

Torrent or P2P

Typical Antisemitic racist.

The obvious answers:
1. Yes.
2. One person to lay the groundwork, preferably you if you've got any level of competence. If you build it, they will come.

To answer your question alternatively, you need to find out how to build the system by asking less broad questions/doing your own research and then either at least start it yourself(or convince someone who can) and bring up the topic again.

I probably sound pretty harsh but good luck if you're serious. Learning the kind of technology for this stuff isn't hard these days.

>Using exclamation marks like that

You're actually cancerous

That looks scary

(((Oy vey!!!)))

Isn't this sort of exactly what eMule and friends do?

P2P sharing of (music) files?

not music but something like this?
dtube.video/

Go back to yanking it to Traps you soy boys.

Aurous

>he doesn't use tidal

>Decentralize downloading via GNUtella
>Gov't can't shut it down, so they flood it with fake nodes

>Decentralized anonymity vie TOR
>Gov't can't shut it down, so they flood it with fake nodes

I'm seeing a trend, and some reasons why we can't have nice things,

What now user? I am not really in the mood to Google shit right now, so how about you spoon - feed me some answers ?

:0

metronomic timing
truly a prodigy

Thanks

:c

:D

La salsa mi amigos?

Recently nzbs aggregator site are being spammed to no end with fake release, incomplete dupe of dupe.

kazaa but with streaming.

back in the day this would have worked if streaming was a thing. but like other said, copyright is the issue here and we have no real way to hide our ip as many vpns will give up data when asked.

>language
Really makes you think