Why aren't you running a Lineage based custom ROM Sup Forums?

Why aren't you running a Lineage based custom ROM Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445
gizdev.com/unlock-bootloader-of-lg-phones/
forum.xda-developers.com/lg-l90
odindownload.com/
adbdriver.com/downloads/
developer.android.com/studio/command-line/adb.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because LG jews won't let me root my phone or unlock the boot loader.

because i dont know how to turn my phone into something that runs on free software

I am, RR Nougat 5.8.4 patch level September 5 2017 (the Blueborne patch) with microG, a custom kernel compiled in 2038 and Magisk, even passes SafetyNet if needed.

On a 20 dollar Verizon G4 play. I wish I could.

Does it work with the Nexus 5x? I'm currently on Android version 6 with that device and I'd love to update but doing will would break my phone. Can I update to a newer kernel through lineage?

same desu senpai baka

I am, on my pre-recall Nvidia Shield Tablet.
Works good.

Because Samsung finally fixed Touchwiz on the S9

How do I mess with my phone? I don't understand

Cuz my phone updates faster than lineage. Is lineage even on 8.0?

I am.
8.0 when?

You Google your phone model and what you want to do with it. For example: Nexus 5x unlock bootloader.

B-b-but I am

I think I want to install lineage OS on my samsung galaxy core prime? and then also use FDroid? does that describe :

bcoz wifi no werk
had to wipe that homosex and restore cm stable from 2014

I don't have autism

Yes mostly, but if you're not even sure that you want to do it maybe you should seriously think about it awhile. Honestly, I'm not really for hand holding anons when they're starting something new and haven't done any research on their own.
>on Sup Forums
>on a tech board
>lol why would I want to install and use different operating systems? That's autistic
Why are you even here if you don't enjoy testing and using different things and messing around with your devices?

I'll be honest its first thing in the morning, I just started work and I made a low effort post to slightly amuse myself.

Xiaomi hasn't released the "santoni" sources yet and every existing inofficial ROM on Xda has pajeet status

>>>you tell me xD

No support

Because I'm

because there isnt a rom for my mediatek phone

Ah, a fellow Brisbane user. I too, have just started work. Have fun at work today

What do u need to build it for ur phone? Kernel source only or do you need some oscure tricks too?

I haven't found anything useful in their webpage.

I've done some research kind of
user please I've wanted to do this for years now.

I want to ungoogle

Because S8+

I have a life thanks. My smartphone is a communications and nude receiving device, not a weekend project.

Sydney actually, how's Brisbane? You too mate

I might when I stop getting updates. Been meaning to try it out on my old Nexus 5 tho

It's been crazy rainy all of last week and a little this week. Otherwise it's going well.
Then do it. First unlock your bootloader. Then root your phone. Then install the new OS that you want. Look up how to do the specifics for your device

likewise here but its back to sunny again. I miss it though, love the dark cloudy days. Makes work very comfy

I just didnt know if I ahd to do those two steps before installing hte OS

do I need anything special like an SD card reader or can i literally just download things that handle this for me

Because my phone is too new and has no custom roms (it barely even has twrp) so im stuck with my crappy stock ROM filled with bloatware

I will install it once one comes out

Same, is cooler and I hope we get more during the summer months. My fiancee gets super down when it's cloudy that long though so I'm glad it's over
You've clearly not done enough research. You don't need anything special besides the drivers on your computer so it recognizes your device, and the files which you will move from your computer to the device through something like ADB. Do more research and good luck. Any guide you do for those things will have all the steps and info you'll need

I am.

Why are you on 6
5x got the upgrade to 8

Because updating after having been rooted will break my phone. At least, that's what I heard. And I thought I read somewhere that updating to 7+ removes ones ability to unlock the bootloader and root it

Sounds like bs. You can always flash back older version

what are the risks of doing it with an unsupported phone?
I guess it would work, since similar phones are supported, but would I be able to reinstall the original OS if something went wrong?

So if I have a full backup with version 6 of my kernel and updating to version 8 doesn't work I can just reinstall from my backup version 6 and it'll be back to how it is now? I'll go look more into it after work

I have it installed and I kind of regret it. It solved the problem that happened when my M9 updated to Nougat, but some apps just run so much slower than before. It also doesn't help that it was pretty tricky to get Lineage on my M9 (lots of looking through Android forums with people having the same issues as me)

I am

on my g4 you should have bought an h815 you pleb

phone shit is for brown people, preciso root without pc and cracked apk jaja

Mine is an L90 that i bought more than three years ago.

Lg God's gave me 2 screens and boot loader unlocked.

It wouldn't work because it wouldn't have drivers for the hardware, you don't sound like you know how phones and computers work.

Because there's no devs working with Kirin chips. Fuck me for buying Hawei

I am. Galaxy s5 running crdroid. Los based7.1.2.

But I am. I never was happier since I've upgraded my titan from some shitty old Cyanogen Mod to a brand new Lineage image.

Because there's no Lineage for my phone. And the pajeets of xda only made a unstable piece of shit like 3 months ago and dropped it instantly

>have lineage on tablet since April, runs great
>decide what the hell I'll try an update it's been pestering me for each bootup
>tablet now slow as fuck running this nightly
>have to factory reset and reload all the shit fresh
>waste like an hour

Fuck you OP

Take a look at this:
forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

Why would I? The website doesn't even tell me what features it has.

>needs bootloader unlocked

I see you didn't even read your own link.

I do. It has some pretty lame bugs like the camera icons overlapping and audio not working on stock player. I appreciation the privacy it provides over the disadvantages however

Anyone here using it on a Canadian G3?

>Run unstable nightly version like a retard
>Get suprised and upset when it's unstable

>plug phone into pc
>no way to interact, it just charges

You need to read. You are missing a program such as odin, you are missing the ADB download. You need to set your device to allow for downloading over USB. Please, for the love of human intelligence everywhere, actually read a guide. I'm not going to hold your hand anymore

This doesn't work?
gizdev.com/unlock-bootloader-of-lg-phones/

doesn't work on iphone 6s

Mine is not supported, too old.

Because my Huawei phone is not supported but I have it installed on an old Samsung tablet.

I dont get it man please help me

I am.

>have looked up several guides
>they all make assumptions that the process "just works"
how the fuck do I connect my phone to my computer? how do i move ADB and ODIN to my android? what then? how do I install lineage OS?

forum.xda-developers.com/lg-l90

Did you even fucking try? You didn't look around hard enough

>Lineage
Dat Battery Drain.
NO.

Pretty sure i've tried those, i'll take another look later.

apparently someone never used lineage before

You install Android Tools and Odin on your computer, dingus.

Lol, literally just tried and gave up over the weekend for my xt1080m. Unfortunately, Bluetooth made my phone reboot, so back to the old, out-dated stock bloat Verizon crap.

He's fucking stupid or just fucking with us. Just ignore him

>update available
>download update
>phone reboots itself into twrp
>go to the folder in which the update is stored
>its not there
there are so many bugs

on the website it says the Moto G 2013 falcon is getting oreo but I only see 7.1 in the updates. wtf???

Who doesn't?

Enjoying that 12h SOT with my redmeme note 4, lads

Why ? That's not fair. I JUST want to learn this.

i am because of updates issues on s4.

lineage basically is crap for autists

So I install these and then what?
odindownload.com/
adbdriver.com/downloads/

Go and fucking read the manuals and download shit from less dodgy sites.

developer.android.com/studio/command-line/adb.html

how the fuck are these dodgy its literally int he name
and again I've already read these. i don't understand it

Because my phone is so shit, nobody wants to support it.

So you want me to download Android SDK Platform-Tools?
where do I get odin then?

>its literally int he name
That doesn't mean shit you fucking retard. If you download from random sites just because the domain name relates to the tool, you're a fucking idiot. The type of idiot who downloads random shit and then wonders how the fuck his computer became infected.

If you don't understand the manuals, there's no fucking hope for you and you should just kill yourself.

Give up. You're too stupid to follow directions we're giving you, and you're too stupid to follow directions on the official guides for those things. Please stop bothering us with your constant questions. We answer but you still can't get anywhere. Think for yourself for once

The official guides assume a level of technicality that I neither possess nor desire
I'm not an android dev I'm just trying to download Lineage OS
so then whats the right place?

I'm trying here alright?
And is this right:

>nor desire
Then it's not for you.

Give up.

No I wont? What is this? I dont want to be an android dev user, I JUST want Lineage.

If you don't desire to learn, to try, to bother at all, why the fuck should we do it for you then? If you yourself don't care, your certainly can't expect us to. Please stop shitting up this thread with your ineptitude

But I am

Anyone heard anything on an official rom for the moto g5? theres an unoffical on the xda forums but not sure ifi should trust the pajeets on there

But I literally just said I do? I DO want to learn. When did I say otherwise? I just want to install Lineage though. All the stuff I found mentions TWRP I dont know what that is and you guys have never mentioned it, nobody mentions odin either.
I just need one user to clarify these things. The guides online are shitty.

The issue is you need to have a higher level of technical capability than you currently possess. You don't have it, and by your own words you don't want it. If you can't be fucked to read a guide on your own, we can't help you.
The guides online are all the info you need. You need to follow them. You need to understand that installing an OS on your phone is more complicated than just double clicking to install it. You need to read. No, seriously. You need to read. You are not the first, by a long shot, to install a different OS on your phone. Every. Single. One. Of your questions has been asked thousands of times and answered even more. Give us one good reason why we should do your research for you? Why should we care about your device when you admitted
>it assumes a level of technicality that I needed possess nor desire
We can't make it any more clear for you. Fucking. Read. The. Guides.

I am tho

The guide doesnt cover
>the guides have all the info
no
they
dont

The guides go
1. Alright so install the rom like you would any other
2. Load up TWRP (no explanation on what that is)
and on

I cant eveng et past step 1 of the guides and the guides go into NO detail on how the fuck do I do these things

>TWRP
This is 'recovery' software. All android phones have recovery partitions for manufacturers to apply updates and for debugging if android goes up. TWRP is custom made and can make OS/firmware/system backups and install new Android 'roms' and others programs (su, opengaaps etc). You need this to install and update Lineage.

>Odin
This is flashing software that leaks from Samsung on every galaxy release or so. It allows you to flash TWRP on supported phones. Look at a youtube guide for details on that.

go back to facebook.

So fucking Google search how to do those other things. Google search how to install another rom first. Google search how to install twrp. Google search how to download odin. Google search how to install ADB drivers. Why is this so hard for you to understand? If the guide says "okay do x first" and you don't know how to do x, fucking look it up