AMD shares to plunge more than 60%

AMD shares to plunge more than 60% because of Intel’s new chips, Citi predicts

Citi Research reiterates its sell rating for AMD shares, predicting the chipmaker will lose sales to Intel's new "Coffee Lake" line of processors.

"We see the competitive environment for AMD CPUs getting more difficult over time as the competition continues to introduce new processors," the firm's analyst writes.

cnbc.com/2017/10/23/citi-amd-to-plunge-more-than-60-percent-because-of-intels-new-chips.html

AMD had a good, but short run with Ryzen. How will AMD recover from this?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/patrickmoorhead/2017/09/01/amd-partners-dell-hp-lenovo-support-ryzen-pro-with-new-enterprise-desktops
mashable.com/2017/04/04/apple-reveals-mac-pro-imac-plans/
techcrunch.com/2017/04/04/apple-pushes-the-reset-button-on-the-mac-pro/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>some (((analysis))) from some 25 year old entry financial """analyst""" who knows nothing

>25 year-old NEET thinks his analysis is better than a professionals

lol lmao

Sell the day before zen+ drops.

It's another desperate shilltel Sup Forums smear campaign edition. Neat.

>when facts trigger fanboys

So how much did Intel pay them so they come up with this magical prediction? OEMs fucking hate Intel for the new chips, since not only are they unavailable, they also have large stocks of older chips left unsold.

>people predicting market trends based on old market trends and not the products themselves
Ebin.

Read the article.

Those retards are less accurate than psychics

>When reality becomes the real smear campaign.

How many times has Citi been right about the same predictions year after year?

Does amd have another new µarch in the works?

>AMD shares to plunge more than 60%
Ok. I will buy more shares.

www.reddit.com/r/iamverysmart/

SOPA DELICIA

typical

$AMD will hit 17$ this week and 20$ by december.

>>>/biz
just because the company makes things that go in your computer doesnt mean that this is technology related, christ this is pure TA. all this thread will be is a pit of shilling, fanboyism, """traders"""" """"analyzing""""", and just toxic
>a thread died for this

>I disagree so therefor you are from reddit.
makes sense.

I think it's really up to Zen 2 to break expectations. Zen+ isn't predicted to really shake things up even by AMD. But Zen 2 could be gold.

>$AMD will hit 17$ this week and 20$ by december.
Right, because they have something a comin?

>I disagree so therefore this analyst is an Intel shill.

Makes sense.

>fanboy makes a compelling counter-argument.txt

>Professional
>25 year old

Pick one.

To take something from Jordan B Peterson, 10 years ago they were 15

They don't know shit.

Looks like Intel kept Coffee Lake as a contingency plan in case AMD ever made something that made the press froth. They were too jew to release it when they didn't have to, but now they did. This is what I like about competition. I want AMD to be competitive so I can get better things out of Intel.

I can almost guarantee that Intel has several generations of advancement stocked and waiting to quickly slam an uppity AMD down. Coffee Lake is just the first one they had an inkling to use.

if you keep predicting it its gotta haooen eventually

Sure kid. Please enlighten us plebs on your Intel super sekret insider info.

>skylake
>skylake with moar freqs
>skylake with moar coars
Nah, they don't have shit. Their new arch is due 2021/2022 at nest.

Also that citi faggots are too tech retarded to know SERVER line is the real moneymaker.

>the guy has had sell rating on the stock last five years, never changing it, not when the stock hit totally the guy to listen to

Ah yes another "AMD is finished guise, its real this time!!!!1" thread.

I've been holding bags ever since February 27 because you faggots told me it was going to 25, fuck you

>Also that citi faggots are too tech retarded to know SERVER line is the real moneymaker.
Just like when the bulldozer/excavator Opterons dominated the server market. AMD had it all at the begining of the launch, and then petered out for some reason.

U M A

If these people were actually good at predicting the stock market, they would be investing their own money, not advising people how to invest theirs.

AMDead

Covfefe Lake made CPUs Great Again.

Bulldozer didn't scale up and power hungry. Zen is extremely flexible and sips power. Intel rivals Skylake-EP and upcoming Cascade Lake isn't anything special. Su has grabbed Intel by the balls.

The only market that matters for these companies is the business line. I haven't really been paying attention, but I don't see Dell, HP, or Lenovo retooling and offering a line of business-oriented AMD desktops, laptops, and servers. Without that, yeah, AMD isn't gonna make it far.
They can take as large of piece of the enthusiast sector as they want, it won't even touch the kind of money Intel will be making pumping i3s and i5s into OEMs. And given the downturn in people even owning desktops that is getting smaller every year.

>given the downturn in people even owning desktops
this isn't changing in your average office environment. Nothing else has the same level of productivity/workflow

forbes.com/sites/patrickmoorhead/2017/09/01/amd-partners-dell-hp-lenovo-support-ryzen-pro-with-new-enterprise-desktops

I don't know if you're being ironic or what....

>tfw bought $600 of AMD @ $10 a share
I was really hoping they'd go high by the end of next year

>Advance stock

They blew it on diversity memes their hubris knows no bonds

AMD always does well in enterprise sales for a few months.

>AMD is DEAD, really guys, THIS time it is GENUINELY dead, for sure!
Sure, sure. The previous 18 times AMD was declared "dead" since 2005 were wrong, but THIS time, yeah THIS time the analysts will be right. 19th time is the charm.

>he doesn't know who citi is but acts like he understands finance

top kek

They had a good year and a half run with original opteron though. Had the improvements came, it could have been a different company. TLB bug and bulldozer killed their market, Zen could easily reclaim 30% back.

Most of the offices I work in just give people laptops and are done with it. I can't remember ever seeing one where desktops were the norm, rather than the exception. Most people don't have a use case where a desktop would be noticeably better than a laptop. But most people having meetings in different rooms, or work from home occasionally. Desktops are obviously useless in those scenarios.

Oh neat. I hope those do well. Any word on laptops yet?

Not dead, just shit

As someone who loves the Opteron4k/6k, I really hope Epyc works out.

>Price to plunge more than 60%, Citi preditcts
meh theyve been saying that for years about bitcoin. You shouldn't trust the bank jews anyways

Guess its just Aus being 20 years behind as per then

so time to buy before it goes up again

they want the price down so they can buy cheap bitcoins & shares

What industry, if you don't mind my asking?
Medical was the only one I remember that stuck to desktops, but with secretaries they were always at the desk anyway, and desktops were in waiting rooms. The doctors all had laptops.. if they wanted them. Medical is fucking horrifying.
Most physical call centers will do desktop too, since they're set up for it, but some places are actually having employees do call-center work from home with laptops, home routers with VPN pre-configured, and a SIP desk phone.

The building I'm in is mostly big finance, trading, data security and insurance. Pretty much everyone has a desktop in every company I've seen, with some having a laptop on the side or tablets on the go.

then buy AMD FAGGOT .

Yawwwwwn~~~

More people trying to manipulate a markets product release cycles.

Ah, I've only seen the inside of two Canadian banks. What I saw was mostly laptops, but that was for project teams and managers. I didn't get to wander around seeing what else was going on, for obvious reasons.

>"It'll happen this time goy-er, guys! Intel will be on top just wait and see!":the post

Yes goyim, sell your stock, lower the price so I can grab some for a cheap price and enjoy my profits selling it before Zen+ releases.

well, predicting stock moves is hard, you are naive if you thing most of these guys can really predict AMD. The better ones at least correctly understand some bits about the products and business. Many, not even that.

See

Not even a fanboy of any manufacturer, but this is most likely to happen.

TIME TO BUY HAHAHA

>TIME TO BUY HAHAHA
lel sure it is.

By "predict", do these people believe that saying it will make people believe AMD's stocks are worth less thus devaluing it?

This is stock market manipulation

BUY BUY BUY!!

Yes. This shit is all about speculation.

aren't new consoles coming on 2018? also, new versions of the ps4/xbone were released already, ryzen2 is coming, and also many other partnerships...

Speculating that people reading their analysis will be influenced to sell the AMD holdings thus driving the stock lower?

They are likely sending nearly all vega chips to apple for new imac pros.

>new chips no one can afford

the majority of the desktop consumer market is gaymers...

"coders" and real programmers dont require more than a core 2 duo and a text editor

if you have servers or are a sysadmin contractor you get xeons or atoms

if you are a das LED blinkin hifi hidef 7.1DD 4k gamer you will get ryzen or thread

sure intels chipset is faster but for 1-2 grand whats the point?

id rather pay half or less the price and get more than half the performance.

even graphical artists/3d modelers dont need that much computing power

Those looking to upgrade already have. Intel's "me too!" release was a failure.

You got this news from robinhood and ran to Sup Forums, didn't you OP?

>if you are a das LED blinkin hifi hidef 7.1DD 4k gamer you will get ryzen or thread
Bullshit you would.

think about it.
the majority of the population uses tablets/phones

the rest of the market uses laptops...

desktops are a minority in their own right.
a desktop over $300 is like 1% of a already tiny market

consumer wise its not realistic to expect people to pay that much for less than double the speed

only the enterprise might want these but then again theres EPYC

>taking financial advice from a company that needed to be bailed out by the government/fed

Tax dollars at work.

>think about it.
A gaymurtard with more money than sense isn't going to buy a threadripper/epyc for gaming even at 4k. To be honest that guy is going intel/nvidia for the gaming single core.

Actually I do. Analyst were telling me AMD was a shit buy at 1.6 and you can imagine how much money I've already made. I'm an expert in this field and can call bullshit when I see it.

da silva pls

They’ll need to drop the prices for Zen and/or do a Zen refresh. That’s it, /thread/

Catching a falling knife is dangerous

>Play a slot machine and win a large amount of money
>Yes, I suppose I'm somewhat of an expert in the field of slot machines

rofl

How can intel compete with raven ridge?

>tfw predicted there would be stock hype for zen before it happened
>didn't invest ;_;

AMD's earnings are tomorrow. This isn't coincidental timing.

Citi isn't saying "AMD is ded", they're trying to sway the market short term.

If earnings are anything but spectacular, AMD's stock will drop right after the announcement, then rebound afterward. Citi wants that temporary dip even deeper -- so they barf out some nonsense about Coffee Lake flexing its muscles.

People now have to weigh AMD's (probably great earnings) against this new impression that AMD are in over their heads. The stock dives Weds morning. Large amounts of AMD stock are bought ... then it goes back up. Someone made a shitton of money. Thanks, Citi.

Serious question here - how many imacs does Apple even sell? Imac pro is probably more niche than that tho (and didn't exist in the past iirc?)

Also, who buys PC with superexpensive hardware in a formfactor with a fixed LCD?

Actually people doing S&T in banks are the real "iamverysmart"s of the world.

And don't get me started on IBD

Ahem, they couldn't be further from the truth.

Epyc is going to inflict massive pain on Intel on the far more lucrative 1P and 2P server markets.

Coffee Lake just stopped the hemorrhaging from Ryzen 5/7 in the dying desktop PC market.

The real battle is if Ryzen Moblie can disrupt Intel's stronghold on the mobile market (dwarfs the desktop PC market)

I suspect "Coffee Lake" is actually the original "Skylake" desktop prototype that engineers came up with. Coffee Lake was released way too quickly to be a design done from scratch. CPU architecture designs take "years of R&D".

The suits didn't want to release the orignal prototype because it would hurt their HEDT/workstation margins, so they "released" gimped version of it "4 SKUs. AMD threw a fire under Intel and the suits quickly went back to the engineers. They just did a mild update on the prototype "mostly GPU stuff and SGX" and release it as "Coffee Lake".

Fuck off shillfag.

>Sup Forumstard detected who think desktop PCs still matter.

>amdsympathizer detected pretending that amd didn't want the desktop segment to begin with, and not realizing that amd will only hold the server market until intel wants to sell more server chips.

Intel lets amd have it's heyday every once in a while just to give people a reason to upgrade to intel cpus. 4D chess nigga does AMD play?

They only give combined desktop+notebook data of mac sales, 4-5 m quaterly. 20% of it are desktops according to
mashable.com/2017/04/04/apple-reveals-mac-pro-imac-plans/
techcrunch.com/2017/04/04/apple-pushes-the-reset-button-on-the-mac-pro/

>Also, who buys PC with superexpensive hardware in a formfactor with a fixed LCD?
By their own words they are targeting

>“There’s music creators, there’s video editors, there’s graphic designers — a really great segment with the Mac. There’s scientists, engineers, architects, software programmers — increasingly growing, particularly our App development in the app store. So there are many many things and people called pros, Pro workflows, so we should be careful not to over simplify and say ‘Pros want this’ or ‘don’t want that’ — it’s much more complex than that.“

It's been a while since they released pro desktops, it will sell relatively well.

This makes the most sense to me. People forget that these are businesses that want to make money first and deliver a better product second. Intel's been king and fleecing consumers for as much as they can get away with for years and years - AMD has shaken up their operation a bit at a not-so-opportune time for Intel, so they had to skimp on #2 a bit to keep longterm #1 going.

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH