Which motherboard brand is the most reliable?

which motherboard brand is the most reliable?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIL-STD-810#MIL-STD-810G.2C_Part_two_-_Laboratory_test_methods
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nokia

I have a gigabyte one that still works after like 8 years.

All of these gaming motherboards with rgb

when will this end.

this desu

It's just greed and crap marketing

same. it has an fx 8300, and a gigabyte hd7970.
neither can oc for shit, but they still work.

look for something made in Taiwan, rather than China. Gigabyte has been good to me.

None of them because they all fuck up
Motherboard brand per chipset is easier to five an answer for

>None of them because they all fuck up
My gigabyte motherboards haven't fucked up.

Yours specifically, not all of them.
And also Gigabyte BIOS is a really rocky track record

Gigabasus

My ASUS P6T-SE is still going

My Gigabyte Core2Duo mobo died when the PSU fried, but i'm sure they all will.

I still use my via mobo from 2001.

what's that company that makes server motherboards?

They're probably the most reliable

Anus

it's not anus

GIGABYTE Ultra Durable

hello, asus

Me too, my Gigabyte board is circa 2008.

supermicro

lol wtf is this a condom brand or motherboard

you are

>Orange is the new black

You are prejudiced. it is actually really good.

Same :3

after working in service shop for 5 yrs i can say that gigabyte is most reliable.
fuck asus
fuck msi
i would even prefer assrock

haha it's funny because she is fat

>preferring MILITARY CLASS $ to Ultra Durable
idiot.
Asus was good, when the 'ROCK SOLID - HEART TOUCHING' branding was removed, so was the quality apparently.

Biostar

GA-P35C-DS3R - ultra durable jap caps

Going into its 10th year of service come December.

Would vdroop into the core of the planet and the north bridge always needed it hot but god damn this motherfucker just keeps going.

>he doesn't fucks his motherboard to make lots of small pcbs

asrock

Despite everyone saying Gigabyte, I've actually had a pretty shit experience with mine for Ryzen. My first one killed the CPU by just trying to toggle on the XMP profile. The board itself didn't die, and the store I bought it at was convinced it was merely a faulty CPU chip, so they RMA'd that alone. Turns out the board actually died shortly after coming back.
Got a new one after that and it hasn't died again. But the BIOS options are a clusterfuck and is missing a lot of options other similar boards of the same category have. Not only that, but I've only been finally able to OC my RAM to the rated values with the latest BIOS (F9d), 6 months after I bought the entire setup. Before that, the RAM would never push higher than 2133MHz, no matter what voltage I fed to the the RAM, CPU or SoC.

All in all, pretty shit experience with Gigabyte so far. Will probably go back to Asus or try Asrock next time.

Forgot to mention, the board is AB350 Gaming-3.

Gigabyte
BIOS is shit, but the quality of the board is pretty good
Avoid MSI at all cost

AX370-Gaming 5 here.
Had no issue with 3200mhz ram since day 1 (B-die though)

The big 3:
>Asus
>Gigabyte
>Assrock

Keep in mind below a certain price range (around ~$150 USD for z370 boards at least) all manufacturers start cutting corners by using the absolute cheapest shit-tier components or reduces a few VRM phases here and there

Got bit hard during the capacitor plague so I've been going with Gigabyte for years. I had one board where the NIC was dead on arrival in 2007, every other one has been flawless.

The newer UEFI BIOS' are usually hideous in appearance but there's usually a keybind to switch to a more classic style BIOS layout that's a lot more usable.

As far as options within the BIOS, definitely varies by the board.

Honestly never had a motherboard break on me. My first one ran fine for about 12 years until I threw the whole PC away. Don't know the brand though I was a kid. My second one was from ASRock. 7 years and still running on my secondary machine. I've used an MSI Board for the last 3 years or so on my main PC.
Come to think of it, I guess I'm pretty lucky since I've never had a PC part break on its own. The only exception was my Laptops HDD.

ASRock.

Assrock have the least amount of LEDs.
Also super across but good look trying to get one

Best most reliable mobos were Intel this b4 they stopped producing.
Asus is meh, overpriced.
MSI never more bios died on mine after warranty.
I'm abusing an assrock for 2 years is going strong, is cheap and even have dual bios. Plus no gaymur look with shitty leds

>Asus was good, when the 'ROCK SOLID - HEART TOUCHING' branding was removed, so was the quality apparently.
Literally this. It since became a mainstream brand. They started selling phones and such shit, just like Acer.

>Best most reliable mobos were Intel this b4 they stopped producing.
yeah, no. intel made shit for prebuilts too and they got bit hard on their desktop boards with the capacitor plague.

can confirm. had mine for 2 years and had no issues whatsoever.

Gigabyte

Intel extreme boards were very reliable with solid caps.

solid capacitors
no electrolyte

biostar

and like everything intel extreme/emergency edition, heinously overpriced

It was never an emergency board, it was release firstly with nehalem.
Good dx80so, had it for 6 years.

the extreme edition brand was launched with the Pentium 4 when AMD was kicking intel's ass, so people joked that the Pentium 4 EE stood for "Emergency Edition" as a stopgap measure against AMD before they came out with the core series.

tl;dr 2004 tech meme

Taiwan is China

the first motherboard that died for me was gigabyte lmao

Whatever happened to all those "no name" motherboard brands?

>3 dram slots, even thought theres pins for a 4th
wow

depends on the series

No

Still got a Gigabyte Mobo (GA-P55-UD3R) that's mostly functional even after the computer took a lightning strike years ago. Even running a ~400 MHz overclock.

Gigabyte in my experience.

The board is probably cheaper than any four sticks of RAM anyway

Gigabyte

I've never had a problem with any motherboard in 25 years and a dozen computers.

Apple

iv never had an Asus board fail on me

In 20 years and about 10 PC builds the only piece of hardware that's ever failed me was a cheap PSU.

f...pbp?

>Avoid MSI at all cost
But what if it's GAMING TIME?

I'm not too sure about Gigabyte, honestly.

I have and still use a AM3 box (now used as a file-server) with a Gigabyte Ultra Durable and I bought a AX 370 Gaming 5 for my new Ryzen desktop.

The older board just looks so much better in terms of quality. It really does. The new one looks like it's all about plastic fantastic IO shield covers and RGB leds and things that would appeal to a 12 year old (Yes, I bought this, but I still stand by this).

It does happen. I used an Athlon XP with DDR1 for years and years and I didn't upgrade to AM3 until I turned on my PC one day and it said poof and smoke rose from the motherboard. Don't actually remember the brand of that one but it's one of those who went away. It was pretty old at that point. Just sayin' it does happen.

Never had a motherboard fail but plenty of amd cpu failures.
Also, all Intel cpus I own are still alive and well.

t. favela nigger shill

I'm still using a Gigabyte mobo, it's been around for 6 years and it even survived a thunderstrike. So yes, they are reliable.

>Ryzen
Found the problem.

I never had non example cpus (intel,or amd) fail just boards.

My experiences with gigabyte motherboards have all been positive. I even have a cheap 970a board that doesn't give up.

I did a CMOS reset while it was turned on because i messed up pirating Windows, thankfully it still works fine after that stupid move.

gigabyte

MSI

Which one have open source fireware ?

None of them

Asrock h81m-dg2.0 here
5 years no problems save for a CMOS reset cause it just stopped working from power outage/surge or something

Gigabyte/Asus

A handful of motherboards that consists of gigabyte, asus, and intel can be librebooted.

Biostar 4 lyfe

I always forget about biostar

五毛快滾

Why do people complain about RGB? Pretty much all non-OEM motherboards have them now, it's not like it adds anything to the cost and there's no functional loss either, if you don't like them, just turn them off.

my p5ne-sli still works

Does msi military class actually mean something or just marketing bs?

BS like their warranty.

Just marketing

It's mostly marketing, but it is also an actual thing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIL-STD-810#MIL-STD-810G.2C_Part_two_-_Laboratory_test_methods

MSI claim their military class components pass seven of those tests (though passing one would be enough).

When the primary build it yourself market is no longer mostly teenagers, so never.

Hmm. I just ordered an msi z370 a pro for my 8400. Starting to think i should have went for the asrock :/ oh well not like i am doing an OC

What a shitty graph, gigabytes rma % is going up where msi is roughly in the same after Oct 2013.

>Bait

Asus (or asrock there like sister brand)
or Gigabyte

I have an ASRock z77 extreme4 and its been pulling its weight the last 5 years perfectly fine. Also nice and usable BIOS