Upgrading from an s7 edge to a new phone soon

upgrading from an s7 edge to a new phone soon.

So far, its down to the pixel xl 2 or the note 8

which one should I get?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KvNis_A6UaI
xda-developers.com/note-8-real-world-performance-analysis/
sys.Sup
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Buy xiaomi

no, I really dont want to fuck with any chinkshit

I wouldn't even bother unless you need to upgrade... And if you do, get the Note 8.

Do you want the best mobile display or do you want the worst mobile display?

note 8. Love mine. Fast. Clean. Pen is invaluable tool for notes and drawing sketches and doing other random tasks you can now do because of the S pen. Going to stick with this phone for a long while.

upgraded from s7 edge to Note8, it definitely feels like an upgrade

google is pulling an apple, selling inferior hardware for a premium price

Pixel 2

If you end up getting a note 8 go in with the expectation of paying hundreds of dollars for lag or you will be disappointed.

>if you end up getting a pixel2 go in with the expectation of paying hundreds of dollars for no headphone jack or wireless charging

>paying $650 for a phone that's worse then its last gen predecessor

Coming from a s5, probably going to go with the pixel 2 to avoid the dedicated bixby button
The lack of a headphone jack doesn't bother me as I already own a pair of bluetooth headphones

Bixby button can be disabled natively without any external apps now.

youtu.be/KvNis_A6UaI

>kfchd

note 8. absolutely no reason to buy a pixel at all

Once you experience pure Android it's hard to use other phones.

If you're already used to samsung just get the Note8, it's hardware outclasses the Pixel to a sad degree, the fact they're similarly priced is retarded.

The XL2 is amazing. I own a Note 8 and I'm jealous of this phone. I still love the Note 8 because it just has features that I truly love and the Pixel 2 XL does not have those features; however, the Pixel 2 XL is the best phone on the market.

Why would anyone consciously buy bloated Samsung phones these days? They WILL slow down after a couple of months, guaranteed. The latest gen's camera also tends to overexpose.

Some people enjoy disabling bloatware right out the box.

This... Unless OP buys Xiaomi there won't be a noticeable spec upgrade.

I might agree with you if we were talking about Samsung a few years ago, but now that's really not the case.

lol you're full of shit unless you just love playing hardware lottery with the display issues and don't use wired headphones.

The Note8 has byfar the best hardware available, the only reason the Pixel would be better is if you're a die hard vanilla android fan.

You should pre-order iPhone X. Preorder day is Friday!

I am very jealous of the Pixel 2 camera. It looks amazing! I wish the Note 8 was as good.

I mean yeah it's better, but not by a HUGE margin or anything, and the Note8 still has the dual lens for better zoomed picture quality, not to mention the dual OIS which makes low light pictures a bit less noisy than the pixel.

They're both still smartphone cameras though and are similar enough to both be considered top end smartphone cameras.

If the pixel 2 camera is 100/100, the Note8 is 97/100.

unironically this, I'm on s7 edge too

>massive speed upgrade
>still get an oled screen
>has screen gimmicks like the s7edge - notch and edge to edge display
>reliable company and normie recognition

>pixel scored 90 last year
>iphone 8/note 8 scored 94
>mate 10 scored 97
>pixel 2 only jumped by 8 points in a span of a year, to 98
>that's a massive 50% gap between scores

Note 8 camera is shit

...when you're comparing all of the best cameras on the market the average normie couldn't tell you which was technically better anyway, so what does it really matter?

If you're THAT much of a photofag you should probably be carrying a real camera with you most places anyway

Pixel XL 2 gets here tomorrow but constant reading tells me it's an overwhelming fuck up. I waited this long for the thing; I'm willing to wait more for the next android flagship. Trying to switch off a slowly dying iPhone 5s. What's worth waiting for? Nokia 9? Mate 10?

Pixel 2 camera hasn't even reached its final form yet

and whenever it does reach it's final form we can give it a final review, until then it's irrelevant, and again, if you're really that autistic about photos you wouldn't be wanting a tiny sensor with a microscopic lens anyway.

You'd want a real DSLR or similar larger camera with much larger sensors and much larger lenses.

Traded in my s7 for an s8 and got 300 bucks for it as well as a gear fit 2 pro for 50 bucks, hopefully I haven't fucked up. It shipped today!

>94 vs 98
>50% gap
>?????

Fantastic it wIll get great HDR image processing and some other faster photo quality processing. But for what? The rest of the phone looks like utter shit and sucks ass. No headphone jack, middle road hardware, plastic flimsy body.

The best will get better

The Note 8 can't even beat last year's Pixel let alone the new one.

physics is going to start knocking on that door if it hasn't already

You're missing the point user, no one in the right mind gives a fuck about the camera quality of a phone, all of the flagships currently have excellent quality pictures, if you're really a photofag, sure the pixel will be the one you want, BUT for literally ANYONE else. Why the fuck would they give it a second glance, assuming they don't need vanilla android in their lives, it's got nothing to sell it. No headphone jack, LG pOLED screen lottery on the XL, overall poor build quality, etc.

The S8/S8+ or Note8 are simply better hardware package overall compared to this year's pixels. If you're fine with touchwiz you'd be retarded to get anything else in 2017.

See:

Excited to see what the teraflop asic can do. It's currently only using the built in Qualcomm isp. The gigs of data buffer and massive data sets will lead to some pretty insane slow mo and intelligent hdr

Imagine being this insecure about a camera

*yawn*
you see user, some of us actually have owned samsung devices since the S5 era.

I had a Note5 before my Note8, in my house there is currently also an S6, S6 active, and an S7 edge. (and an LG V10)

Touchwiz isn't vanilla android, but it certainly isn't the shit touchwiz you're trying to pretend it is, and if you've used a Note8 you know it's pretty fucking snappy. And considering my Note5 was snappy right up until I upgraded to my Note8, I have confidence my Note8 will remain nice and quick as well.

Are you actually mentally ill? Imagine being so poor you have to use a smartphone as your primary camera.

If you care about picture quality you know all smartphone cameras will never compete with true DSLR quality.
You should ALSO know the subtle differences that DO exist in the current flagship devices are minimal enough as to not matter to 99% of people.

The Note8 could have the S6 camera and I wouldn't give a shit because I have a real camera that I use when needed.

Samsung has shills now?

Worse, emotionally vested hostages

So u admit note 8 camera is worse

or just people who've owned the device and enjoy calling out obvious liars who are LARPing and haven't even used the device for more than the 10 minutes the Bestbuy employees let them touch it.

>HURR get an DSLR if u r srs about photography!one

Do you realize how stupid you sound?

No one ever said it was better... just kill yourself already.

If the S8's UI is a laggy mess then there is a very good chance that the Note 8 is similar.

Also ALL Samsung phones slow over time, no exception.

Wew, it's like you've not been paying attention for the past month

xda-developers.com/note-8-real-world-performance-analysis/

sorry I thought i heard u say it

note 8 camera is not good

>one of the best android cameras available
>4 points below Pixe l2
>Note8 camera is not good

Well we've at least confirmed you're a shill.

>ranked last this generation
>i-its better than previous generations!!

bad

Seems to agree with his point

>we’ve only provided a snapshot in time against a specific set of devices, and Samsung phones in particular are notorious for “slowing down” over weeks and months

it's not last.... it's literally tied for 3rd you moron.

iphone ranked higher in all scores

Having owned samsung phones for years, yeah they are. But they've gotten a fuck ton better, and my Note5 was pretty much just as smooth 2 months ago when i got my Note8 as it was at launch.

It's clearly the best android flagship this year, and every pixel sale just makes me laugh since they'll be buying a new phone next year due to shitty LG bootlops or shitty build quality because google is cheap shit and always cuts corners with hardware. Nexus 6's that bent in half, etc.

Sorry, but the pixel is a shit buy this year, more so than normal.

You're obviously just trolling kid, no one actually believes any of what you're saying and i'm just arguing with you to see how far you'll try to take it.

not trolling

Tell me why note 8 deserves 3rd place

Pixel is 1st place in case you forget btw

sorry but this just means u have low standards

Samsung is lag free every generation it seems

Are you actually stupid? Just look at the fucking picture yourself, they're over saturated slightly like normal for samsung, but besides that they're fantastic.

The S8/S8+ and Note8 all have great cameras, the Note8 is higher than the S8/S8+ because of the 2nd camera, and especially due to the OIS which makes zoomed pictures at night MUCH better.

I'm not convinced

No, i had a Nexus 6P and returned it for a Note5 because vanilla android simply wasn't that good, it was a bit smoother, but it didn't offer ANYTHING else but a bit of smoothness.

I don't care? I own the Note8, you can buy whatever you feel like. I'll continue to make fun of pixel purchasers.

note 8 worst phone

Since you seem to want the attention your father never gave you.

This (you) is for (you)

Get a Blackberry

To tthe respective shills with note8s and pixels in this thread, please post some of the photos you have taken for an accurate comparison!

That would just show how shit Sup Forums is at taking pictures, you're better off looking up real camera comparisons online, DXOmark might be going for clicks with their stupid rating scale, but they do a good analysis that is about as controlled as it can get.

I want to see how good a picture these phones can take under normal phone user circustance, ie your average gtard taking a couple of random snaps here and there, comparing cameras in lab conditiions dosnt really show e what im liikely to achieve...I take odd photos when I see soething interesting, I dont go out of my way for the perfect snap.
On an unrelated not I hate this fucking keyboard.

too bad LG OLED panels are poopoo

No guarantee that it won't slow down eventually.

>note 8
Is it true it doesn't support SD card storage extension?

G5 plus is pretty nice for it's price

Definitely a step up from my old Nexus 5, that's for damn sure

think your samsung was made in burgerland from burgerland parts?

No, but its not designed by chinamen, thats the difference.

try few and lets get back to this discussion then.

Not him, but what do you mean? I stuck a 64gb microsd in mine for storing files and photos and it works like a charm. Havent found a way tp install apps on it yet though...

are you a retard?

Hes korean

oh yeah, that makes him white as snow, and much closer to you than say.. englishman, yes? and as i understand korean phones are great then while chineese one are crap. did i get it right?

Nobody is saying he is white. But I dont want to buy a phone designed by the Chinese since like everything else the Chinese make, its most likely going to be shit

Why do you want to "upgrade?" What are you dissatisfied with with your S7 edge, and more importantly, what newer phone solves that issue?

You are retarded.

user imo use S7 more Wait for 4 more months and get the S9 which will have next gen everything and comes with oreo so you will have project treble enabled which means faster updates.

Wat Chan client is that ?

Why do you want to upgrade if s7 is already good enough for your needs?

have one, feels gud.
ask me anything you want about them

Pixel XL2 has screenburn issues already.

sys.Sup Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.com%2Fnews%2Ftechnology-41730636

Buy an iPhone X

>Buy an iPhone X
You mean the phone that won't be released until the heat death of the universe?

holy shit senpai