Holy fucking shit

holy fucking shit

how could they fuck up this badly?

samsung wins again

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/diversity/at-google.html
theverge.com/2017/10/24/16519530/google-pixel-2xl-screen-issues-deep-and-unfixable
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

does the V30 also have these shitty screen issues?

Absolute disaster of a phone

They tried their best to imitate Apfel but they just ended up copying the price and not the quality control

>They tried their best to imitate Apfel

Then they did exceptionally well. Even going so far as to imitate Apples burn in problems they had on iMacs.

More than 17 years ago because they used the most color accurate LCD displays at the time, which had some issues. I still have one of those displays and the burn in isn’t even half as bad as it is on the Pixel.

It was excusable for the time, what Google offers right now isn’t.

>More than 17 years ago
They had the same shit happen with their aluminium macs. And the "yellow tint" which came from the glue or something they were using on the panels.

Yeah, they kept using the same panels from 1999 to 2005. Typically for Apple the first used something that was above standard and kept reusing it every year until after it was obselete.

Yeah

>Yeah, they kept using the same panels from 1999 to 2005

The yellow tint was still an issue right up until the 2010 imacs. The same for the iPhone 4, which was around the same time I think. Iphone 7 had the same problem. If the adhesive hadn't cured properly after purchasing you could return it for another one.

>The yellow tint was still an issue right up until the 2010 imacs.

LG Panel.

>The same for the iPhone 4, which was around the same time I think.

And was also an LG panel.

Wait, isn’t the Google Pixel also using a LG panel? AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Very good.

Yup. Like it says in the OP image, they have ANOTHER issue. This is something LG panels have suffered from for years. But it's not limited to them. Even AU Optronics have suffered from yellow tint issues.

LG also have oled tv. Imagine their quality, not to mention how shitty is the technology.

Source? Glad that I didn't fall for the 1k bucks phone meme.

I've seen one first hand and it looks AWESOME. Its longevity should be less horrible, because the pixels are bigger, but who knows. It's probably still appalling.

google pixel 2 xl display, nearly every tech site is reporting on it

Kek
Was so close to buying, guess it's gonna be a S8+ after all.

>buying google hw after dropping the nexus line

Thank God I didn't get the XL

I wanted something as clean as possible.
But when I saw the specs and no headphone jack l was pretty much already leaning against it.
Like how can you justify over 1k$ for this.

1000$ for a phone is just plain stupid for me.

I've had it with LG and their shitty production on hardwares. Jesus christ. G2 was their last perfect phone they ever made

>how could they fuck up this badly?

I mean the 8+ is 650$ where I live, the XL will officially not even come here so I was going to pay on top.

Always the other people.

>Gayglers
can't make this shit up

Does the lg g6 have similar issues? Contemplating about getting one AFAIK it doesn't have a oled screen, does it?

Well fuck I was looking to change my g2 after 4 years, looks like i'll stick with it for longer

>diversity is totally not code for anti-white

Google should have let HTC do the Pixel 2...LG fucks up everything they touch

>buy new device from google's own site
>get this

Hahahahahahhahahahahahah.

Well that helps me decide between the iPhone X and the Pixel XL

LG sucks at making smartphone displays. There's a reason why giant corporations like Apple get their displays directly from Samsung.

Love how its called the "Pixel"

this is more of a OS issue than a screen issue. the OS should be moving static elements slightly to avoid burn in like touchwiz does on samsung devices.

Samsung had the exact same problem on S8 launch right? they did update to move the icons more I think?

Who here /Samsung/ panel here

what they do is hide the nav bar when the device is idle for a small amount of time and shift the top bar slightly after awhile. with the pixel stock launcher they don't do that so after a week of non stop use the phone burns in.

>iPink4
>iYellow6
>quality control

My Galaxy S6 got burn in

> 2017
> not buying the superior Blaclberry Keyone
Honestly this is what you deserve for buying an unoriginal broken full-touchscreen toy.

>Googlel
>Pixlel
Both trash.

This. Heck, for me, 500$ is the most you should spend for a smartphone.
>inb4 jealous poorfag
More like knowing how to spend your money correctly. Why spend 1000$ on a phone when you can spend ~400$ on a really good phone and have 600$ left for anything else you want.

>tfw got OPO from 2014 with normal IPS screen
>accidentally leave youtube on all night all the time and it stays awake on the screen
>been doing this for almost 4 years
>no burn in

iCucks and googcucks will never know this feel.

>tfw no burn in

Granted I bought this S6 used at a good price. Also the burn in is impossible to notice unless you're using chrome's blinding white background.

My friend's S6 had burn in at like 19 months whilst mine had none at 23 months.

I lost it and now have an A5, which is pretty baller, the blue light filter is also real nice

>Accidentally
>Doing this for almost 4 years

What is it like being a retard?

Noone wins

I don't understand how anyone could buy an uninteresting no-unique feature plastic phone for 1k.

Samsung has really got their shit together with their phones. I have my J7 since 2015 and still strong, no burn-in at all and no lag. I wish the pajeets at XDA could give it a better support for custom roms, rather than just making ports of other galaxy phones for it. I want my Lineage OS

Alot of ROMs for the oneplus3 have burn it protection, shifts static elements a couple of pixels occasionally. Surprised this isn't more common.

Did you miss the post that pointed out all the devices Apple made that featured LG panels?

I had a g2. The hardware and custok ROMSs are great but the build quality is absolutely terrible. The touch screen stopped working after 2 years, gps broke, sides broke, screen shattered after a 0.5m drop...

It's almost as if there is a feature made decades ago to stop this problem

>Samsung has really got their shit together with their phones.
>I want my Lineage OS
Well keep dreaming, because they are moving away from Qualcomm and aren't releasing any drivers themselves, so basically custom roms are dead.

>decades ago
>posts a smartphone screenshot

The point is that screensavers have been part of Android for many revisions now. It's ironic that a flagship Google phone called "Pixel" which is running on the absolute latest version of Android is suffering from screen pixel burn in.

for

Oh well, I can live with Exynos. I just wanted more to choose from, rather than pajeet samsumg port #9237649

LMAO.

PIXEL 2 DOA.

Verge summed it up best: Sup Forumsentoomen will know that the phone has issues, but normies will still buy it, find out, and then never ever trust Google again.

theverge.com/2017/10/24/16519530/google-pixel-2xl-screen-issues-deep-and-unfixable

Normies buy iPhones.

Wannabe techies buy Android shit.

Normies are now switching to Samsung. Everybody wants a Note/Galaxy 8, nobody wants a iPhag 8

>believing this

Blacks have androids because they can’t afford iPhones.

>t. iNigger

>iPhag
Reminder Gayglers is a term accepted by Google itself

>t. Normie on his iPad

Pixel is Google trying to get normies to buy into android ecosystem.

Gen1 Pixels didn't even mention Android in the marketing, and when they did it was in 6pt font.

The whole project is a loss-leader to get all the valuable normie metadata for google's advertising artificial intelligence. One of the main selling points is unlimited photo storage. Google is trying to vacuum up all the valuable "$100k+ income" photo rolls to better mine it for advertisers.

smart phones are the cancer that killed Sup Forums

you're all 12 year old turbo tryhard normies

>900$
>loss leader

Samsung is actually the company getting normies to buy android phones because they actually make the most aesthetic android phones.

>Pixel is Google trying to get normies to buy into android ecosystem.

dunno, good lucky with that in the same prince range as an iphone 8

>colors screensaver doesn't even cover the nav-bar keys
what's the fucking point then
i just run one of these amoled fixer apps for some hours

Gotta price it the same, otherwise it's not in the same in the minds of consumers (even if it's really not).

They aren't making a penny on these things even at the price. At best they'll break-even after you total up all the marketing budget and how few of them they'll sell, not for lack of demand, but because they will run into the same supplier issues as the Gen1.

They won’t be making a penny because of all the RMAs, not because of the marketing budget.

The phone is probably less than 300$ in parts and labor.