ZX1 Compact

>ZX1 Compact
/our/ new phone?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal
forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-xz1-compact/development/devonly-lineageos-15-t3687239
theverge.com/2016/4/14/11434926/blackberry-encryption-master-key-broken-canada-rcmp-surveillance
people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html
xperiablog.net/2017/10/24/sony-fixes-camera-distortion-issue-on-latest-xperia-flagships/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Sony

No.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal

>720p display
>on a phone that costs more than $100
I would say no but Sup Forums has a hard on for unambitious, "modest" specs so I suppose it is

BATTERY LIFE

What good is ten hours of screen on time if the screen sucks ass?

> if the screen sucks ass?
What are you going to do with it, watch movies?

To use the phone.

What are you even getting a smartphone for, then? Just get a $50 dumbphone if you only care about making calls

Internet and alternate messaging apps. Are you baiting or just retarded?

The screen doesn't suck ass, it's just a low resolution to match the small area.

t. idiots who use 1080P 24" monitors for their main computers

Just shut the fuck up you fucking mongoloids. The pixel density of 720P screens on smartphones are higher than 4K 32" monitors you fucking reddit scum

Nice, knew it was coming seeing the xz price cuts. Also 4GB of RAM, and a microSD card still.

so get a $100-$200 smartphone, what do you need one that costs 500 good boy points?

If they're skimping on resolution, I wouldn't be surprised if it has poor colors, latency, or any number of issues. Not saying it does, but at that price you could get a phone with a nice OLED display

But you're paying out the ass for a flagship phone, but getting literally budget tier display

Then buy a 100 bucks chinkphone

It's $500? I was just talking about reasons for a 720p phone in 2017, what the fuck is this shit?

>no LOS support
Trash.

$600 MSRP in the US.

lmao never mind then

not $, it's in £ kek

Shut the fuck up. 720p is super obvious even on a 4 inch screen.

Enjoy your blurry mess

> what do you need one that costs 500
Exactly.

uhhh... the second post you quoted agrees with you, m8

Yeah, I misquoted, meant to quote and not 202

unironically the best phone you can buy, from an apple hater

forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-xz1-compact/development/devonly-lineageos-15-t3687239

Just get an x compact, much cheaper once this comes out but similar specs

wew

BATTERY LIFE still applies even if the screen looks bad.

You haven't even opened the thread, have you?

doesn't this specific model suffer from hardware vulnerability? I might just buy it, but I'm worried about lockscreen bypass

>locked bootloader
>no LOS
Are you buying phones solely for their looks or somethin?

I have a question:

are the camera on Sony Xperia X Compact and the XZ1 Compact the same?

> in development. Its a brand new phone dingus

I literally couldn't care less about that stuff. It's a NORMAL SIZED phone that does what I want. It texts, it rings, it has a web browser, the call quality is good, the gui is simple and efficient and most importantly the battery life is incredible. Not every device you have has to be ultra modifiable, its a simple and reliable tool.

Something to replace my Z5C if it ever goes belly up I guess.

It's also $400 more than what it should be

Librem 5 is /our/ phone, android is shit.

>shit OS
Nah

But the Z5C is superior

Do pray tell and elaborate on how it is superior oh wise anonymous poster

>It texts, it rings, it has a web browser, the call quality is good, the gui is simple and efficient and most importantly the battery life is incredible
You need a dumbphone, not smartphone. All of this was available in 2005.

Oh wait I thought the Z5C had a better display, never mind

>If they're skimping on resolution, I wouldn't be surprised if it has poor colors, latency, or any number of issues.
Or, and this could be crazy, maybe they can supply a screen with better colors, latency and other characteristics at a lower cost at that resolution.

>not available in australia
>reports of shit camera lens
swing and a miss
samsung j1 2018 (with 2gb of RAM) when

currently have a 2yo Note 4 that i can sell, should i switch to a brand new Blackberry Passport for pocket change in difference?

I fucking love Sony Compacts. They are almost perfect for me. I almost regret changing my Z3C, but I wish they finally put something better than 720p screen while keeping the size.

>cuckberry

theverge.com/2016/4/14/11434926/blackberry-encryption-master-key-broken-canada-rcmp-surveillance

That's not the Meizu M6 Note.

>5,5"
dropped

I really like my z3c but the camera has been damaged, back shattered and no security updates anymore, so it's probably about time... would have probably bought the xz1 if it was $400, but I dunno.

that has nothing to do with phones

Top kek

If you aren't rockin a 5.5 inch+ QHD display, fully rooted and running the latest nightly of PajeetOS with a microSD filled to the brim with 4k BD anime rips, unironically kys for being a brainlet, a handlet, and probably a cuck.

I'm a Z3C owner as well, I'm probably going to upgrade to the XZ1 compact when the price drops in a few months.

Too expensive atm.

That's not the Moto G5 plus

no thanks bro
>those bezels
>that shit res IPS turd
whenever I unlock my Note 8 it's like the screen is having sex with my eyes, whereas that thing is like a rubbing faeces into them

>falling for the pooled meme

nigga that shit can 3D scan your sorry ass for 3D printing so you can replace it whenever it gets wrecked.

Gonna go ahead and let everyone know that it's this that has happened. It gets extremely bright when needed and can drop to reasonably low levels as well. I prefer it over my S5A despite it's 'inferior' screen. The S5 has a warmer, somewhat dirty appearing tone to it against the cleaner and apparently more accurate whites of Sony's IPS. As a matter of fact the build quality on the Sony is better all around.

Day one I had to order a replacement back for the S5A because the delicate fingers that held it were for the most part broken. The camera began showing signs of dust ingress much later with no apparent pathway. Thusly I've not had to replace anything on the Sony and my camera is showing no evidence of a pool of dust. And I actually trust the Sony to hold up to it's IP68/65 rating.

>nice oled display
Yeah like dem pixels and dem samshits. Doing real good on that side.

>poor colours, latency etc
Nah, sony shove their display tech in so it's not shit, it just has a lower resolution since it isn't overkill for size. Technically since it is 'inferior' it should be dead reliable by now.

>flagship phone with budget tier display
It is $100 cheaper than the xz1 and the only specs that were downgraded were the display and usb c 2.0 rather than 3.0. Think of it as the budget flagship since oneplus no longer holds that title and also uses the wonderful oled display which acts like fucking jelly, further cementing my previous point that oleds are shit.

It's the phone Sup Forums always whined for and still you complain.

I got it earlier this month, the battery life is awesome, the charge time is ridiculously quick, the screen is sharp and crisp, the phone is smooth and the load times for apps/pages/whatever else are quicker than any other phone I've seen. I recommend it.

literally 10 years ago on an completely unrelated division

Sony could have been in the big 4 android phone makers right now if they didn't fucked up the original Xperia Z (2013) smartphone

>glorious Swedish Sony Mobile division is the same as the American/German Sony BMG music division
>>out

>no shitty non durable OLED, using tried and true LCD
>has bezel so you can hold the phone and is not another "me too" shitty bezelless design
>has notification light
>has 3.5mm headphone port

If this fucking thing had a replaceable battery it would be best phone of all time. As it stands its pretty good compared to the other shit. Ugly as sin galaxy S8, overpriced iphone 8 etc

That piece of fucking dog shit dosent even have a notification light. Not to mention the pathetic state of it in OOTB configuration.

All manner of random shit turned on draining the fucking battery like theres no tomorrow. Not worth it desu.

most reasonable post itt

Almost went for it, but the price really sent me looking elsewhere. (bought an SE instead)

I mean... Sony releases new devices with a 800$ price tag. And as much as I am ok with 720p and the whole package, paying 800$ is just way too fucking much for this phone.

the original Z1 was great until Z3. then they just kept releasing the same shit over and over again with crazy high price tags. oh and they dropped support fast as fuck as well.

good device, way too costly though.

It's a flagshit though:

Nokia 8 - $544
Zenphone 4 - $699
V30 - $800
Pixel 2 - $649-$749
Pixel2XL - $849-$949
Essential - $500
S8 - $625
OP5 - $549-$650
U11 - $650

And pretty competitive, actually.

its at least /my/ new phone

if only the camera distortion issues werent there out of the box, itd be perfect. sony is releasing a patch though, so its all good.

jelly af, shouldnt have gotten an SE :(...I hate ios, you cant do shit with it

honestly, if apple would have come out with a new se which keeps the headphone jack, i might have gotten that instead to replace my 6s. probably would have cost more, and i would still have to deal with itunes though.

The Z5 Compact has slightly better looks imo. Wish they kept it.

quick, name all phones in order from oldest to newest in 10 minutes or less!

>front facing stereo speakers
>mSD slot
>Headphone jack
>Water resistant
>Monstrous battery life
>Buttery smooth performance
>Oreo out of the box
>You can actually use it with one hand
>Comfy fingerprint placement
>T H I C C

Literally the best phone of 2017

Is it me or is the Phone just ugly as shit?
It doesn't even look bad I guess, just so bland, to the point I probably wouldn't be happy spending a couple of hundred and seeing that in my hand. The Z3C has rounded edges, it's more aesthetic and I think probably more comfortable

Thanks for your cute-rating, Stacey. A Starbucks voucher has been emailed to you.

oy faggot I'll show up at your doorstep if you don't watch your tone

LMAO have you even seen it yet? I'm on it right now and the battery life, size, screen is the tits. Definitely not a blurry mess.

>Blurry mess
>t. Retard who never touched a phone ever. So far a solid upgrade from my Nexus 5.

Seriously considering Sony as next phone. Gone from iPhone to Nokia to Shitsung and not happy with any of them. Either that or Xioameme

So is this one the latest Sony compact phone? I have the Z3C, considering an upgrade but not really sure if the new one offers anything new at all. What's really changed between Android 4.4 and 8 now?

>Android 4.4
Fucking everything about the OS is better and less clunky, you really should try it

Wow the distortion is terrible - a total dealbreaker if they are all like this. That's too bad, was seriously considering it despite the high price.

do these sony phones do 24/96 audio or higher ?

Can you get 8 for the Z3C unofficialy or did no one bother making roms that far?
I've not kept up with Android massively but most of the time I look, everything just seems the same to me honestly. I stuck to 4.4 because of Flash or something I think, not completely sure

Funny thing about Sony phones is they don't do any one thing outstandingly well, they just refrain from all the useless meme bollocks other manufacturers try to push and just do the basis you'd want

>Among the first for waterproofing
>microSD support
>earphone jack
>simple shape and size

i cant wait for applel to release the iphone SE without a headphone jack...the butthurt will be felt throughout the entire universe

t. jailbroken 6s (increasingly nervous)

yes, but anything higher than 48khz is a meme

people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

yes i know 24/48 flac is my favourite interms of audio quality / size... my iphone 6 sounds great with good 24bit rips

just wanted to know what the sonys do, transcoding and downsampling everything takes time, sometimes im in a hurry and just wanna dump the native res on the player and go

Any half decent audio player will automatically resample regardless if the hw supports output directly.

whats the closest phone similar to this without a 600 fucking dollar pricetag

No. Battery life is shit. Camera is shit for the price. 4.6 is way too small for those bezels, unless you like big bezels to compensate for your autism.
I don't have a problem with the screen resolution, but not if it can't back it up with a Xiaomi-like battery life.

What is chinkshit battery life in what size phone?
I had 3.5 he's SoT first day using XZ1c and only lost 30% battery. Huge upgrade from my n5 which would have died.

Xiaomi constantly ships phones with 1.5 times the capacity of flagships.

yeah but now i am full blown audio autist i must have SoX samplerate conversion and full controll over my dither modes... most players dont do that

also alot of my vinyl rips are just a .wv and a .cue file and i need to split them up anyway

>Buying square phones in 2017

Fucking luddites, I swear

No, its the Nokia 8

>Manchild
>Using phone to game or watch anime

xperiablog.net/2017/10/24/sony-fixes-camera-distortion-issue-on-latest-xperia-flagships/

like i said, theyre gonna fix it with an update soon. more specifically, theyre gonna allow software correction in the camera app rather than you doing it manually via lightroom/photoshop afterwards.

> /our/ new phone?
Where is keyboard?