/wag/ - Windows 10 AME General

Hey Sup Forums,
a group of us have been working on a build of Windows 10 focusing on privacy and stability.
All telemetry and windows update functionality has been entirely deleted from the system (about 2GB removed). We also removed all default apps (Edge, Cortana of course, Windows Media Player etc…) and replaced them with FOSS alternatives.

>Windows 10 Image with ALL spyware deleted from the OS
>Updates and hidden repair services deleted and disabled
>Cortana, Edge, Apps, Windows Media Player deleted
>Replaced with only basic FOSS apps, leaving most of the changes to the user
>works with all modern games and productivity software

actrons.info/ame.html

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14389441
actrons.info/pdf/win10_ame_15-10-2017_doc.pdf
actrons.info/about.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

As a fellow user pointed out who had initially been scrutinizing this project, security is all but handled by revoking Windows Admin permissions, and practicing safe browsing habits (something any tech literate person can do), as we mention on the AME page, and can be enabled with the included script on the desktop. We are still actively working on improving the security situation, so please contribute when you can.

Why should I use this instead of LTSB?

Is this shit faster than normal Windows 10?

please answer this.

What is the difference with LTSB

post list of foss apps in ame

looks good, is this a cool ass botnet aswell?

>security is all but handled by revoking Windows Admin permissions, and practicing safe browsing habits (something any tech literate person can do)
...Unless there is an exploit in the system itself (there are hundreds in an unpatched copy), which does not require user intervention.

It's an insecure outdated version of 10 with their stupid bloat programs added and placebo botnet removal

It's an entirely different approach.
Windows 10 LTSB does not remotely respect your privacy, and this has been known for a while now.

Example: news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14389441

There is complete documentation on the site in the OP, as well as a more detailed description if what AME is, although the OP makes that pretty clear.

>It's an insecure outdated version of 10 with their stupid bloat programs added and placebo botnet removal
LTSB is not an insecure outdated version. LTSB only receives monthly security updates and no feature upgrades. It also doesn't have any bloat, it doesn't even come with windows image viewer

I'm talking about the retarded shit in the OP

>All telemetry and windows update functionality has been entirely deleted from the system (about 2GB removed)
>about 2GB
>two gigabytes

>get rid of windows 10 botnet
>receive a Sup Forums botnet
BASED!

From what we can tell, we have entirely removed the botnet, though one can always improve.
I am aware of "placebo" approaches to removing the botnet, AME is not one of those, as more than 2GB of executables have been permanently deleted from the system, with no way from windows to regenerate itself (which is something quite difficult to rid of)

DMCA when?

oh, well that I can agree on...

To be honest I like the idea but one can remove most if not all botnet just messing around with win services and regedit

Op here, we thought about basing AME on LTSB, but noticed that we had compatibility issues with certain software (such as games) which was not the case when using build 1511.

Also, after build 1511, windows update, and it's included SIH (System initiated Healing) components are extremely hard to get rid of. Having windows update enabled is giving Microsoft a universal backdoor into your OS.

Lame. Stop shiliing your useless botnet unless you open source every script you used in there

I just scanned the code, this is clearly a botnet.

>2GB of executables have been permanently deleted

RIP broken winsystem written by a dummy

We have open sourced everything we used (including a pre-made script)

Download the entire documentation here: actrons.info/pdf/win10_ame_15-10-2017_doc.pdf

Or view the link in the OP.

He hasn't released ANY of the code dummy. If he did, then there would be SOME possibility of not being conned wouldn't there.

(((OP))) release the code or take a hike

We have spend a tremendous time ensuring system stability. Currently everything seems to work (Various games and productivity software install and run without a hitch for example).

Don't shill your trash here

can you fucking post what stuff is preinstalled already?

See

I like you site OP

I'd rather be able to update to the latest versions, no thx

Sup. Nice build. Thanks for releasing it
Btw, you deleted a lot of Xbox.Live dependancies that (might) be default expected on Visual Studio or if any devs develop on Xbox platforms idk

We removed the built-in applications and provide vlc, Firefox (unlock origin, https everywhere),Thunderbird and an image viewer. The rest is up to the user to configure.

The chocolatey package manager has also been installed.

actrons.info/about.html

kek

Thank you ;)

stupid af - just dont install anything.

Nice. I think I'm going to try it. Ty.

Is the Windows-Subsystem-for-Linux (non-Beta) deleted from it tho? Cause I use that a lot

The subsystem for Linux is not available for this build of windows, and I don't recommend using it.
There is cygwin if you need basic bash tool in windows, but having a VM or a native Linux box is always going to be a far better experience.

Cool project bre. Tbh, just a suggestion I'd add thos post-installation scripts that the user could optionally run instead of them being installed on a fresh system. Some might want a fully clean system directly from install and add alternative browsers later

Thanks!

>"Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge."
— Carl Sagan

LMAO. What a cringeworthy retard

I mean, if you want an OS with no browser, media player or any means of acquiring them via the OS itself, then be my guest and build it using the documentation here However, the software we included is very rudimental, is FOSS and is what's included in most Linux distros.

Yeah, Carl Sagan was a complete loser, and science, or the train of thought expressed by it, isn't at all what allows you to post on this thread, using technology that could be deemed magic to your brain, at this moment.

Get a grip

We will look into that. Thank you.

Nice, this is something I was looking for.

>Get a grip d000d

Tip harder faggot.

>The hilarious amount of ego it required to write a pretentious quote in your about me page as if you are some important scienceguy asshole

Yeah lol not cringeworthy at all. If I were you, I'd take my lame ass script-babby botnet and leave from shame

There seems to be an audience for projects such as these see
as an example, and I have yet to find someone who has implemented anything similar, people don't seem to care about their data.

Intel then, I will keep posting this.

>more atheist gaylording
Atheists are fucking annoying tbhfam

You have some kind of mental disorder don't you?

>Winshit distro

Fuck off you filthy fucking homosexual piece of shit

thunderbird isnt rudimental.

Alrighty then, how about you leave if you don't like it.

What the fuck does this even mean? Why can't you into English?

Also it should be "its" not "it's"

Also having no ability to update the system to apply critical security patches is ultra-basic.

How would one go about that?

I'm currently using LTSB becaause I needed windows and I'd love to strip it of the botnet.

Gee. Another shill thread / pseudo-general.
Sage Sage Sage Sage Sage Sage

See

Wrong pic

What does this mean

>reddit spaceing & idealistic positive reviews
>not a shil thread

Nothing to see here. Just OP samefagging to shill his shitty buttnet to himself

>largely apprehensive
what did he mean by this

>botnet

Op here, these types of modifications appear to be more of a placebo approach. Before working on AME I had a script, which do just that. Its simply a matter of time before windows resets the settings and modifications, and re-patches everything using windows update. Hence this is why AME exists.

no fk you boi

>VLC
Into trash it goes.

Op here, the will fix the possessive its.
SMB is an extremely old protocol, and is bound to have more, currently unknown, security vulnerabilities be revealed. It was also never created with true security in mind.

Apprehensive tends to be defined as: "viewing the future with anxiety or alarm :feeling or showing fear or apprehension about the future"

Which is how the definition applies.

VLC is installed on most linux distros, and gives you rudimentary support for any audio and video codec in popular use.
If you don't like it, uninstall it, or install moved or whatever you use.

Op here, I am not samefagging. If you don't like it, you don't need to use it.

OP here

Never mind, I realised this project is completely retarded. I'm trying to delete it. Sorry for wasting your time

>64 posts 17 IPs
#really makes u thinken

OP here.
I'm a homosexual. I'm trying to become a heterosexual. Thank you for your time.

I reply to everyone.

>we have entirely removed the botnet
you've removed the botnet that MS lets you remove

And you should see
Windows is riddled with remote execution and privilege escalation vulnerabilities.

>I am not samefagging
Samefag. Bls go

actrons.info/about.html

>GNU/Win
Noice

God hates fags. Repent or burn in hell you filthy sodomite piece of shit

>God

>reply to everyone
tfw neet

Why is atheism in murrika so hated?

So we went from debating my sexuality to a religious debate. Nice.

Can you also change the pre-installed programs you have mentioned to ones we want?

For example, can I uninstall Firefox and VLC and then install Vivaldi and MPC-HC?

I'm not the person you replied to before

Atheists are subhuman. A genocide of all of them would help purify the world of retards.

>because everyone else have done shitty decision, we should do it too
What's point of this Windows build if I have to start uninstall useless bloat on first place?

this

Anyone who actually installs this is beyond saving.

You can achieve the same shit with scripts only. God knows what kind of shit they put into that image, maybe even a manipulated boot loader. Enjoy.

Hey OP: If you want us to take you seriously, prove that this isnt a huge ass virus filled botnet cocksucking nigger Operating System
no one wants to go from Windows botnet to Sup Forums botnet
I think this is a good idea but until you prove this aint a botnet no one will download it

>Atheists are subhuman.
Why?

The person who op is refering to in the 2nd post. While I somewhat do agree with your point Im curious if you'd be able to escalate yourself to system level without using dll hijacking(which isn't an exploit but just pure foolishness from Microsoft's side) and post the procedure(keeping in mind you are mentioning 100+ in patch vulns) and considering 90% of credential pilfering/ maintaining decent persistence requires admin privilages (startup-shells using shtasks/wmi)

I missed the main point. While having the local user excluded from the administrators group.

>prove that this isnt a huge ass virus filled botnet cocksucking nigger Operating System

Fair point, there is no way for me to prove it to you, except for my word. However, we have published detailed documentation of every step required to master an AME install yourself, with the code of all scripts we wrote being open.
The only way for us to establish trust is for you to master AME yourself and compare it to our images. Documentation is available here: ( actrons.info/pdf/win10_ame_15-10-2017_doc.pdf ) or on the link from the op.

see >God knows what kind of shit they put into that image
see

Yo faggot, it's
>63052758
You got an irc channel?

This desu.
There is no point in ever using this ever.
If you want to game, just keep a windows partition and only use it for that. There’s no reason to trust a modified version of proprietary software.

I need to know the size of your cock before I install this. If I'm gonna be fucked in the butt by you I need to know you are endowed with a long girthy cock that can pleasure me while I'm getting fucked in the ass. Please post a picture of your erect cock against a ruler with a timestamp so that I can verify your cock dimensions.

How does the installation go?

What?
See actrons.info/pdf/win10_ame_15-10-2017_doc.pdf
We publish everything.

The whole point of this project is to provide something that is stable and respects your privacy.
AME certainly has it's place.

wirus dont click

Just check out clonezilla if you haven't yet
there are many tutorials on youtube of how to write clonezilla images to a disk
Clonezilla is the de facto open source disk cloning and image backup utility to use.

see

That pdf doesn't prove anything. Fact is nobody is going to trust you, no matter what you say in that document.

DIY then lol

Forgot to quote you kek

Thats a reasonable assessment, considering this is posted on Sup Forums. All you need to do however, is build AME yourself (based on the documentation) and test it against the images we provide.
It's the only way we can build trust.