Botnet

I get that Telegram's crypto is a meme and they're basically a botnet. What is the non-shitty alternative?

Other urls found in this thread:

securemessagingapps.com/
theoutline.com/post/2348/what-isn-t-telegram-saying-about-its-connections-to-the-kremlin
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Signal ofcourse

*ahem*

Facebook Messenger

Why is Telegram a botnet?

telegram is ok for talking with people
use jabber+otr to communicate with the other neet

If terrorists use it I think it's ok

Signal desu

Telepathy after a high dosis of LSD.

telegram is for furries
signal is for terrorists

Not using online tools for sensitive communications.
You fucking retards, even my mother who knows jackshit about computers knows this simple fact, she doesnt put on sensitive info on her phone, she leaves the fuck unlocked on the counter table because she knows nothing is in it, and no matter she she does its never going to be private.

But you fuckwads love to lul yourself into a false sense of security and then cry about muh botnet when you get v&

Terrorists are all 80 IQ retards.

Your mom sounds hot, im sure shes got nudes waiting to be leaked on that phone

The very fact that telegram's core is closed source makes it suspect, the encryption aside

What a stupid comment. Using secure IM protocols is better in literally every way than fucking pen and paper or whatever you are thinking

It's not a botnet but they can delete your messages from their servers without your consent

Wire
Xmpp + OTR if you and your frends have time to waste

>TFW telegram host cp

The last attacks in Paris were organized through Facebook. Terrorists can't into infosec.

Why would they care? Almost all terrorists are suicidal anyways

>It's not a botnet but they can delete your messages from their servers without your consent
Proof?

>secure IM protocols
yes goy, keep lying to yourself.

you retards are just making yourselves stand out.
have you ever heard of deception or blending, well ofc not, just use red flag software, hey not like top goverment agencies with literally the smartest people in the world are gonna crack my snapchat messages amirite? xD

Why do you need a phone number?

>goverment
>smart

signal or threema

matrix is a good decentralized option too

Identification.
It's not anonymous, it's simply confidential.

Shitty UI and the servers are not open source. Stop shilling your garbage app

Read Rosenberg's blog about the company. Idk if it's translated but in short, he had a conflicts with ceo's brother and then his backup disappeared.

>FBI gets San Berdardino iPhone 5c
>Bungles iCloud backup recovery with PIN
>Asks NSA to help
>They can't
>FBI asks Apple to build backdoor
>Apple basically says to fuck off
>FBI ends up paying an independent entity almost $1m to get into the phone

Tell me more about how they're the smartest people in the world

securemessagingapps.com/

I'm out of the loop, what happened with Telegram that prompted you to make this thread?

Basically made by the Kremlin

What about whatsapp

see
theoutline.com/post/2348/what-isn-t-telegram-saying-about-its-connections-to-the-kremlin

Gov organizations like the FBI & NSA have very little communication between departments, and they rarely help each other.

>be NSA
>have every device backdoored
>have to use said backdoor in public case
>but you're NSA, not Sup Forums retard so you're not gonna go out and say you have a backdoor
>pretend you need help from so that Sup Forums baby can feel safe with his tor chat
but you retards can't see further than your nose, good luck red flagging yourself, and then dumping all your private information into compromised mediums because it you somehow think its safe.

If you think NSA can't get to your data if they want to, then you are absolutely 100% retarded.

This

Actually, given that they "admitted" that they got zilch from the San Bernardino iPhone, there's no evidence that they actually cracked the thing.
There's been no word that they used the "crack" on any other phone, either. Wasn't NYC's Attorney General saying he had thousands of iPhones he wanted cracked?
Have you heard any follow-up, like convictions or even prosecutions, based on info from those thousands of phones?

Iphones have been cracked by security researchers in the past. One popular story was about a guy who did it successfully for $50 (while the govt spent 50k and got whatever) on the same iphone

I use Telegram as a cloud storage. Is there an alternative?