AMD stock plunges > 10%

What is happening?

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-israel-intel-plant/israel-approves-intels-6-billion-investment-in-chip-plant-idUSKCN0HH1F720140922
twitter.com/AnonBabble

AMD is the next 3DFX

See

Q3-17 Q2-17 Q3-16
Revenue $1.64B $1.22B $1.31B
Operating income (loss) $126M $25M $(293)M
Net income (loss) $71M $(16)M $(406)M
Earnings (loss) per share $ 0.07 $ (0.02 ) $ (0.50 )

This is what's going on

nice formatting

Is that bad?

Yeah, AMD making more money is bad for them, they're better off bleeding money.

Stock market makes no sense, dude, it'll be back to normal in 2 days.

bitcoin miner were behind this

No, it's a stronger quarter than expected, especially compared YoY where AMD had a 400M net loss.

Dumb daytradeing millennials killing the stock price at the sign of any good news

Buy the dip.

Relatively illiquid stock. Could be fat finger sale triggering stop losses.

>beta
That's what

Instant buy at 11 usd.

Wow, you can have a 10% variation during after hours? Brazilian after os limited to 2%.

stock traders are fucking idiots

Reminder to report shitposters.

s/stock/day//g

Options chain speculation increased heavily the past few weeks, this was going to cause wild fluctuation in the stock after ER. The fact that it didn't drop 20% leads me to believe it will recover fairly quickly in the next few weeks.

this went on sell

Gee, check out Net Income.

Jesus, guys.

Are you retarded stock price after market gets closed doesn't matter. Amd stock is doing well.

And yet Intel stock didn't budge one point, kek.

>amd stock down over 100%
It's happening!

How do I make money off stocks and investments.

buy high sell low

Sell the ones you have.

>make article declaring stock drop
>large holder(s) sell out at the maintained peak
>price goes down
The real question is did anyone have insider knowledge of stock deals before the article was published.

most likely, the stock began to tank a few minutes before the actual financials were published on their website.

Q3-17 Q2-17 Q3-16
*---------------------------------------
Revenue | $ 1.64B $ 1.22B $ 1.31B
Operating income (loss) | $ 126M $ 25M $ (293)M
Net income (loss) | $ 71M $ (16)M $ (406)M
Earnings (loss) per share | $ 0.07 $ 0.02 $ 0.50

Here's the same table formatted with spaces, I don't claim to be able to read or interpret earning statements, but at least make them readable.

>red team is finally back on the green side of things
>stock tanks based on some internet rumor
I wonder who's (((behind))) this (or shall I say "insideā„¢ this" ?).

Can Intel allow AMD to fail? Wouldn't that open them up to extreme anti-trust scrutiny and likely breakup?

in the past sure, nowadays I don't think congress would care enough to break them apart.

No. Intel and AMD are tied forever.

AMD won't fail and Intel doesn't even want AMD to fail in any case.

Look at their balance sheet, they went from 406 million net loss to 71 million profit in a year.

Well devil, the jews dropped the stock because they want to ride the raven ridge train.

Yesterday they were predicting a 60% drop.

Think they can hit 100M profit in Q4?

That's for the other one, where your selling the concept of stock

If Raven sales are good.

It is almost the end of october and where is custom Vega? No where to be found again.

BTFD
Buy The Fucking Dip.
I'm chucking 1000$ at them first thing tomorrow.

If AMD fails bye-bye x64 and back to itanium kek

Just wait!

buy the dip you fucking idiot.

It's not just or primarily the US government they'd need to worry about.

It's okay. Intel will shore up VIA as a sock-puppet competitor.

Fuckkkkkk. My macroeconomics teacher told us to choose a certain stock and the student who chooses the stock the grows the most from september to December gets extra credit and I chose AMD. I hope they don't keep falling.

I don't know about the US govt, but the EU is going to bite their ass pretty hard. Intel needs AMD to operate in Europe.

Apple is sucking vega chips for imac pros, they are prolly stockpiling shit until December.

So just to help out an idiot, what will it be trading at first thing tomorrow morning?

VIA still makes consumer x86(64) chips?

I kinda doubt it.

>666
who behind this post

I just got my reference vega, it's pretty quiet

This has been happening to every tech stock this year. Beat earnings expectations, stock plummets. Everyone expects huge guidance for the next quarter and when companies estimate conservatively the market panics. Does not reflect on the company's quality or their products; market is just a load of shit in 2017. You could have made money just doing put options on random US stocks and cashing out whenever Trump tweeted.

???

why are the companies that do shitty mobile apps so valuable? it makes no sense that a app company is worth millions

Millennials and easily impressed managers

A bubble will soon burst.

It doesn't have to work very hard cause the drivers don't have half the features enabled lmao.

>it makes no sense that a app company is worth millions
Why not? A company's worth what the market thinks it's worth, which is a function of revenue, public sentiment on the brand, expenses, market capitalization, competitors in the niche, etc.
Just because you don't like Snapchat doesn't mean Snapchat is worthless. We both know the name, and that alone is theoretically exploitable for some value. That exploitable potential is factored into company's valuation - hence they can be valuable before they're profitable.

>/biz/ in a nutshell

Another way to look at it:
There's a cooling rod component for nuclear plants that has a market value of $100000. If you bought this, even at a deep discount, you would gain $0 from it. However, if Google wanted to break into the nuclear sector for some reason, they could leverage their existing resource pool to make that component produce profit for them. So you've got a company like Twitter, which is currently unprofitable but has a massive, (for-now) irreplaceable resource pool (online retard herd.) Just because the current owners aren't leveraging that resource pool for a profit doesn't mean that it's a valueless resource pool. In the right hands, it could be extremely valuable.

AMD are finally out of the red but covfefe lake turned out pretty competitive and they are unlikely to keep gaining as much market share. They need major gains in GPU / compute and epyc marketplace to pay back many years of losses. Zen2 better be good and come soon.

Also they were probably overpriced their stock really went up this year

It went on sale because they can't manufacture enough 8700K's.

I love how the retards here are confused as fuck about how stocks work.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Weak earnings forecast

Dumb Citi Bank FUD

Zen refresh alone will put AMD's Ryzen 5's on par with Intel's 8700k. Zen 2 will put Intel in hot water and Zen 3 will own the market until Intel manages to get something new on the table in 2021/2022.

Looks great.

Are they really doing terrible in the GPU market if Vega is that overpriced?

jewish tricks.

short everything and suck dicks to pay back later

this is after hour i think
it drop the bass after that

well it Sup Forums after all still better than /biz/

This is what happens when redditors hold your stocks.

BUY
I regret having only $400 cash on me and no broker account.

kek animu avatar poster confirmed for retard

how come there as been no data from AMD about new stuff?

what new stuff?

man i should have short this stock

new fab in europe for memory (server grade)
and new ram standard.

AMD doesn't make memory, what are you on about?

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

except it's profitable first time in a decade

the bitcoin mining rush is over. profits were good, but they will fall soon once bitcoin crashes.

>once bitcoin crashes.
yeah good luck with that

>mrw i bought a shitload of stock from AMD for $2~ and then sold it after months of no movement only for it to skyrocket

AMD WONNED

No one mine bitcoins with AMD gpus

yet

reuters.com/article/us-israel-intel-plant/israel-approves-intels-6-billion-investment-in-chip-plant-idUSKCN0HH1F720140922

Isn't mining the exact reason why Vega is so overpriced right now?

they mine ethereum i think, it more efficient
they can trade back to bitcoin latter if they want

>ethereum

Dead coin lol

You mean share price, not stock

>AMD comes out with better than expected quarter
>stock price drops 10% on the news

Investors are fucking retards

probably the fud from yesterday, or jews disappointed at the profit AMD reported

I've been hearing this for literally months now. Fuck off.

> check out Net Income.
$71M is better than -$406M?