16.04 LTS or 17.10?

16.04 LTS or 17.10?

wait for 18.04

Install Gentoo.

Use 16.04, 17.10 is shit and 18.04 would be shit too.
Fucking gnome shills killed ubuntu.

17.10 because I love living on the edge

im worried about the future of ubuntu

what if 18.04 LTS sucks as much as 17.10?

it looks like complete shit and wastes a ton of space though

Void

>im worried about the future of ubuntu
Welcome to 2013. Everyone else already bailed.

I use ubuntu mate, mate

Xubuntu is still good.

I'll move when the current LTS reach his end of life but I don't really know where...

this, running 16.04.1 until 18.04.1 but that's me, i wait for point release, you do whatever you want

Debian testing

17.10 aka artsy artichoke is pretty good, mark sucksallcocks has finally given up on his macintosh dreams

LTS is for servers you don’t want to touch for 5 years. Gotta keep those desktop packages fresh.

always LTS
leave the other channels to autistic manchildren who love wasting their time beta testing shitty code >for free

OpenSUSE is what Ubuntu should be

I'm an LTS whore so...

so many cucks willing to take the canonical cock up their asses after what they've done. do yourselves a favor and try arch or at least antergos or manjaro to get started. you'll stop the distro hopping and despise ubuntu.

Why would anyone use antergos or Manjaro when Arch and Solus exist?

Unity killed ubuntu.

I don't get why everyone is so pissed about the gnome switch. Doesn't everyone just install their DE of choice? It's literally just an apt-get install away. Why would you give a fuck about what they bundle it with by default?

because they loved how bloated unity was.

Unity was kinda ok-ish if you changed some compiz settings but still, KDE is way better and desu I think it would be very easy to replicate my old desktop (pic related) on KDE.

>the only comfy desktop of all gnu+linux killed ubuntu
KEK
E
K

>t.neckbeard using a 20 year old Thinkpad

Hahahahahaha wow I can't imagine meeting anyone this delusional IRLife

I'll wait for reviews, but so far seems that's the one i'll be using once 18.04 is out

Pretty much.
There's nothing wrong with 16.04 now.

I'm still using obongo 14.04 LTS

Xubuntu 16.04

> no built-in Amazon shit
> XFCE is better than both Gnome and Unity ootb
> it can be easily customized to your wish
> it's reasonably lightweight

why not 17.10?

Yeah but why one of the worst DEs?

I'm waiting for HiDPI support before I truly get into it.

Because 16.04 is LTS

> XFCE
> worse
Stop posting

Oh!

XFCE is one of the worst regardless what you want to think.

opensuse sucks, post nazi germany can't do anything right

arch is for babies who delude themselves into thinking that using a half-baked distro makes them 1337 h4x0rz

Testing Ubuntu MATE 17.10 in vbox now. Even here it's faster than my openPEPE Tumbleweed with Xfce. I think I'm gonna install it on a real hardware.
16.04 was the release that made me distrohop because it was complete shit. So, go with or 17.10 or wait for 18,04.

Please support your opinions with facts.

16.04 LTS for doing actual work and 17.10 for all-round memeing and shitposting.

Fact: LXDE is the best DE

That's not a fact, that's an opinion. I'm asking about facts showing that XFCE is the worst DE.

senpai, can you test to see if they fixed the unable to resize windows after snapping bug?

still here. I can resize side borders but not top and bottom once. That's kinda sucks.
Also, there is a bug with keyboard layouts widget (looks like I'll have to use a separate widget).

Gnome 3 with wayland sucks

>wayland sucks

Never use non-LTS Ubuntu

You may be in the wrong place, user.

May have to just admit it and move elsewhere.

LTS of course

Literally crashed on me the first 5 min of using it after install

Only apps opened:
>chrome
>shotwell

linux never ever again

Sure, because a bugridden experimental OS is totally what you want on the desktop

Lxde isn't even a DE. It also looks 2002 tier and lacks flexibility of xfce

This
If you really hate Canonical that much just use something that actually works, like Debian or even Fedora

Noob tips:

Always prefer lts.
You can easily install mate/KDE/gnome/xfce/Unity and switch between them all.

>GTK3
>Pulse audio
>SyndromeD

All REDHAT. What harm has canonical done besides react to how shitty gnome project is?

>Free software

Who is not a poorfag here?

>paying money for inferior technology

Literally a cuck.

Still sad that unity died. I actually enjoyed that de despite Sup Forums hating it.

LXDE is awful. Just awful. Hostile to the user. An abomination of second degree for user experience.

LTS always and forever

all other releases are buggy pieces of shit

Make a cup of tea and install Windows. Be done with the headache of screen tearing,unfinished compositors,and huge chunky UI buttons. I'm not kidding or being sarcastic.

To the shitheads that say its a botnet. Windows collects data and so does everything else. Accept it.

Use mint it's based on Ubuntu but it's better.

>Paying for closed source software

>Install windows
>Screen tears
>Install nvidia drivers
>Screen tears
>Enable Triple buffer and vsync on desktop
>Screen tears
>Use nvidia inspector to fuck with settings
>Screen still tears

>Install linux
>Open nvidia-settings as root
>Check full composition pipeline
>Save to xorg
>No tearing

always use the LTS version unless you have a good reason not to.

Stay with 16.04, anything but LTS is a pain in the ass...

DONE. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?

With upgrading you get better performance, better hardware support, more features and all around newer packages.
The only thing to look out for is reading the release notes and making sure the system works ok before upgrading.

I think people are exaggerating on the net. I had more crashes with LTS than with the other releases I tried. I really doubt it is much more polished.

Windows 7