Fuck Anti-cheat, Fuck Telemetry

When will all this spyware under the guise of telemetry and anti-cheat face legal action?

These shitstain developers grant themselves total access to your PC, siphon anything they want, and face no legal repercussions for behaving the same as spyware?

I pray for a data breach at Valve, Microsoft, Battleye, etc to reveal the extent of their data exfiltration.

>Spyware and exploitation of your PC isn't technology

literally only an issue if you play children's computer games

You're free to just not use their shit you know?

As long as people willingly use such services and thus agree to any user and privacy policies, then no action will be taken. And as it happens to be, ignorant consumers willingly do use them. And even the knowledgeable don't care in many cases, e.g. professionals using gmail/google services, etc. If you care about it, don't use the services and boycott them - that's what you can do as a consumer.

>Amerifags still think small scale boycotts have an impact on global capitalist industries
Get off Sup Forums and go back to church, americuckchristfags

>Knowingly installs spyware
>Wahhh wahh ive installed spyware
The absolute STATE of nu-Sup Forums

>I've been cheating in an online video game and it's finally caught up to me

the post

DRM (and in extension data mining) exists in many popular services like Netflix, and services like the Google ecosystem is used by many (anyone with stock ROM on their phone), all of which directly pertains to OP.

OP is just whining about video games

They do have the effect that you minimize your own loss of freedom and privacy.

>Christfags defend spyware
I guess when your creator has access to your mind it's ok if everyone else does too
Until it turns out you're gay while preaching homophobia

Stop using your computer as a glorified gaming console. That's really the only solution to your problem. Install a free operating system and get a playstation. Sorry. This is the future we chose.

???

This. So. Much.
So many bullshit threads could be ended if we just applied this logic.

>Being this retarded that he can't understand wtf that user said
Good lord save us

Look, kid, you came to Sup Forums seeking attention, because you just got banned for cheating on CSGO. Nobody cares, nor has sympathy for you fuck off to

No I got it, I just don't know why he's bitching about Christians in a thread that has nothing to do with religion. Or maybe it does and I just missed it somehow

>Only cheaters should be concerned about anti-cheat acting as spyware
>Only people with something to hide should be concerned about the global mass surveillance apparatus

Sup Forums users are incapable of separating politics/religion from anything else, and like to spout Sup Forums stuff any time they start losing an argument

That's the problem, it starts with monitoring video games for messing with memory addresses, but where does it stop? Every version of Windows, Microsoft takes more and more control away from users. Have fun with Windows 10 in 4 years when you can only run signed binaries from the Windows Store (tm)

It's not fucking spyware you fucking nigger. You CHOOSE to install it, and they tell you EXACTLY what data they collect. If you have proof of Valve's anti-cheat violating their own terms of service I'm sure you'd be setting up a lawsuit instead of shitposting on Sup Forums. If you don't like it, don't play their games, but nobody is going to feel bad because you got banned for cheating on CSGO. Nobody would fucking play Online gaming without anti-cheat, stop being retarded.

>Buy PC
>OS gives total control to developers of OS
>Wow, user, why are you using GNU/Linux? Are you a terrorist pedophile?

The future when these people who don't care about the overreach of proprietary let it go on.

>I am entitled to being a cheating little shit

>What are community run servers
>What are server admins
>What are users reporting cheaters

t. Matchmaking baby

this is actually a bait thread

>Write a ToS that gives total control of PC to authors
>Wow why are you complaining about software? The ToS allows it!

>What are false bans?
>What are shit 12-year-old admins?
>What are users reporting cheaters, so they can get banned by a kangaroo court instead of actual evidence!

t. script kiddie

All the users have to all stop playing the games, all at once, until the issue is remedied. Complaining out loud won't help.

>accepting a ToS that gives someone total control of your system
how stupid do you have to be?

>Agreed to TOS in the first place.
This isn't how it works, YOU personally accepted the agreement and chose to download THEIR software.

>That pic

moar

Missing the point. Windows 10 acts worse than any anti-cheat. Everyone outside of Sup Forums can't get enough of W10.

Normies don't know what they're doing when installing software, Microsoft forced W10 on a lot of people, not even giving them a chance to accept a ToS that turns their PC in to a remote box under MS control.

Software as spyware is the new normal.

>using Windows

Some real Hyperbole there, Normie's know full and well what companies like Facebook, Microsoft, and Google are doing, they just don't give a shit. Convenience over having to pay 12$ USD a month for Google's service, Facebook's and whatever ad-based sites they use. If you don't like the telemetry stop using Windows 10, they tell you EXACTLY what data they collect.

>they tell you EXACTLY what data they collect

Yeah, all data from everything connected to your PC

No one cares

Soon every piece of software will give itself total access to the device it's installed on

@63060967
>not even giving them a chance to accept a ToS that turns their PC in to a remote box under MS control.
Untrue, they'd be facing myrian class action suits if they did that.
Normies just dont care that windows wants to know what they're doing, if anything they're probably happy that they're "helping microsoft make MS better".

>Automatic W7 update installs GWX
>Next automatic W7 update runs GWX that installs W10 without prompting the user
Where's the acceptance of the ToS?

you accepted it when you installed the OS

>Normies just dont care that windows wants to know what they're doing
true, my wife just clicks on every ad on his favorite blogs to help out his favorite blogger, she even uninstalled ABP for this

@63061064
you already accepted a TOS allowing this when you installed W7

>His
nigga why u lyin?

>Normie buys prebuilt with preinstalled Windows spyware
Where's the acceptance of the ToS?

they accepted it by buying the PC

>Making excuses for the surveillance state
Pig Filth

Hows that cultural enrichment treating you fedora bong?

>They accepted a document they were never presented with

you don't refer to your wife with his favorite pronoun?

I can't wait either, maybe then people like you will stop overstating the problem and hurting the legitimacy of the case for free software when it's found they only have exactly the information you gave them.

>By accepting this agreement or using the software, you agree to all of these terms, and consent to the transmission of certain information during activation and during your use of the software as per the privacy statement described in Section 3. If you do not accept and comply with these terms, you may not use the software or its features

>Disconnect from the internet
>You are no longer complying with the terms by allowing all of your data to be stolen
>You are still using the software tho

you've already accepted by using the software

Let's walk into the Microsoft Store and buy a Surface Laptop.

>Unbox it
>Take it out of the box
>Lift the lid of the laptop
>Turn the Laptop on
>Get greeted by the Cortana setup
>Get slapped with the TOS
>Can choose the degree of telemetry allowed on your system also but lose access to some features.
Nothing new people.

>W10 ToS gives total access to machine + devices to Microsoft
>They only get exactly what you give them!

/thread
Don't use that crap

That's literally not what the TOS says, not being online isn't a violation of the TOS what the fuck are you talking about?

Except that shit is enabled by default. Telemetry is pretty much required. Windows 10 includes new Anti-cheat tools that could be abused to give them any information about your PC, including your filesystem, regardless of whether a game is actually running.

Don't worry about it, we're due for another video game collapse since big names like EA and such are rapidly turning their games into slot machines for maximum potential profits.

Why do you think literally anybody at Microsoft PERSONALLY gives a flying fuck about you?

>nothing to hide nothing to fear

Start a boycott, #ChooseNotToUse

Are you retarded? Personal information is like diamonds and gold to marketers which is why companies mine for it.

just stop using non-free software OP. There is no good reason to.

does internal anti-cheat system same as the external anti-cheat system?

>post cc info, ss number, phone number, home address, workplace address, number and average size of of bad dragon dildos owned, etc.

Why would they need to write new anti-cheat to steal info from clients? The OS already has total access.

THIS OS IS SO SHIIIIIET
Fucking shitstain microsoft motherfuckers

Gaymers are such dumb fucking shitstains.

>Oh no guys, the anti-cheat is stealing my bank account details!!!

It doesn't even work outside of UWP apps, you fucking retards. What are you doing buying your childrens' gaymes from the Windows store in the first place?

Install Windows 7 you fucking moron.

What are VAC, Warden, Battleye, Punkbuster, etc

Op is gay. Anti cheat is the best thing wangblows 10 has done thus far. Fuck cheaters.

So third parties can steal the info that Microsoft decides wants

witcher 3 is DRM free, what other fucking game do you need?

esports and battle royales

Agreed to windows 7 TOS, not windows 10. If your computer upgrades and installs W10 without asking, you obviously didn't agree to the W10 TOS, nor were you presented an option to. Unless the W7 TOS said something like "by signing this you also agree to sign anything and everything we want you to for the rest of your life ;^)" which it probably fucking did.

you agree to the tos by using the software

Do you not fucking understand that W7 and W10 are different pieces of software? Unless W10 was around when the W7 TOS was published, they are different entities that do different things and are sold explicitly as different products. So I don't see how you can possibly agree to what is essentially a separate piece of software unless this is a recursive fucking TOS.

it doesn't matter, by using windows 10 you've already agreed to the tos whether you've seen it or not

>W7 automatically installs W10
>You have to at least temporarily use W10 to get rid of it
>You just agreed to hand your PC over to MS
Brilliant

welcome to """"your""" """"personal""" computer

This is art.

Yes, but the minute W10 hits your computer it counts as software "used" for all intents and purposes, does it not? After all, it is running on your computer, which is turned on and connected, and is probably sending data and doing other W10 shit. You have no option NOT to use it.

exactly

So therefore you are unwittingly tricked and/or forced into using software, the use of which implies agreement to terms, ergot you are forced into agreeing to terms. Forced into agreeing to terms. Sounds perfectly legal and ethical, no?

it's completely legal, feel free to try to dispute it if you want but you'll lose

Legal yes ethical probably no

this is the equivalent of me placing a paper under your door that says "the existence at any time of this paper under user's door constitutes agreement to these terms. you are not permitted to have this paper under your door if you do not agree"

i have no doubt it is legal, given that microsoft is still alive and well. but i have trouble understanding those who justify it as OK

for those who say that the problem exists only for video game cheaters, it doesn't. for example, when you run any VAC game and you have Process Hacker installed, which is just basically a better task manager, it kicks you out from the game for no reason. the author if the software tried to contact valve years ago and they yet to give a proper reply

Also Powershell, Hypervisors, Sandboxie, CCleaner

Want to play games? Give up your freedom.

Stupid fucking filter won't let me link to the Valve support page that lists what VAC hates

Those anti cheat programs should be programs that boot with the game, latch to the game and only spy the game, and as soon the game is unloaded, the anti cheat program is unloaded.

Its called a comment you edgy retard.
its nothing to do with christianty ether because useing "god" in vain is a FUCKING SIN.

whatever *tips hat*

I love all those babies crying about telemetry and anti-cheat crap when the solution is literally there: just don't use Windows 10

poor OP, don't bully him.
he just got banned from PUBG because of cheating on W10, he surely didn't deserve it.

>These shitstain developers grant themselves total access to your PC
Not true. The people who consent to having this software installed are the ones who are granting them total access. If you don't want it, then don't install it. This isn't rocket science.

Don't install the software if you don't want to install the software?

What is this pic?

>getting this butthurt because banned from PUBG
stop paying chink your hard earned money for a dozen of kill, and play fair billy!

>don't install OS
>have no working computer
>"lol you had a choice the free market wins again"

In all fairness, i learned that CCleaner is just placebo bloatware that also gave hackers a backdoor.