You have 10 seconds to explain why there shouldn't be an ethic cleansing of all non-debian based distros and package...

You have 10 seconds to explain why there shouldn't be an ethic cleansing of all non-debian based distros and package formats besides .deb.

Other urls found in this thread:

debian.org/code_of_conduct
debian.org/intro/diversity
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There should be.
Really none of the other formats provide any benefits over .deb and as it's the most used then you may as well just switch everyone over.
except there's that one assclown who throws a hissyfit because it disrupts his workflow or some shit.

>You have 10 seconds to explain why there shouldn't be an ethic cleansing of all non-debian based distros and package formats besides .deb.
Because enforcing uniformity would destroy one of the GNU/Linux ecosystem's greatest strength - its diversity. There's not a single way of doing things, ever.

If they were, we might as well just give up and buy macs.

Because all relevant Linux users use .rpm

>diversity
You have to go back.

You have 10 seconds to explain why there shouldn't be an ethic cleansing of all non-redhat based distros and package formats besides .rpm.

>implying debian isn't part of the problem
debian.org/code_of_conduct

I think Void is missing from the image

debian.org/intro/diversity

>being that autistic
You have to go back.

you do know ethnic cleansing isn't a figure of speech

What are preferences and use-cases?

>muh diversity

>Ian literally raped and forced into suicide by a sheboon

Because Slackware is older, faggot.

Who?

i like pacman better

>No CloverOS under Gentoo
Um sweetie

Oh god it gets worse and worse. They have an "anti harrasment team" page full of links to feminist blogs. Defining terms like "splaining" and "privilege". And my favorite "The Male Programmer Privilege Checklist". Don't forget to avoid microaggressions.
What the hell is this distro?

>You have to go back.
I'm talking about demographic diversity*, I'm talking about a diversity of ideas. Have a limited number of distros would be bad.

**Although there is nothing wrong with demographic diversity either. Look at how Canada is doing, despite being so diverse.

>Look at how Canada is doing

Add 10% nignogs and 20% Mexicans and see how that turns out.

It's ceremony.
None of that shit comes up during actual Debian correspondence because the Debian team is nearly all men.

>ignores the main point
>screeches about race

Because it's another option for people to use and is entirely up to people to use it.
Just like Linux is to Unix.

As a Canadian: Fuck off. We've got too many pakis and philippinos that can't speak fucking english and don't integrate with anyone other than more people from their same shithole. If they like it so much, they need to fucking go back.

Apt is cancer. Dpkg is cancer. Point release is cancer.
Also, I used Raspbian and packages like ncmpcpp were modified to make them easier for autists. I hope it is just Raspbian and that Debian doesn't do this shit, because this is on a whole new level of autism