OLD TECH THREAD GO

OLD TECH THREAD GO

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Sony-Trinitron-17-Color-Computer-Monitor-CPD-220VS/253225156903?hash=item3af5654127:g:7i4AAOSwsBtZ7~DG
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>no face recognition

Loved the HP200LX. It had the most amazingly usable keyboard. You wouldn't think it just looking at it. But you could type almost as fast on it as you could on a full size keyboard. HP outdid themselves on that tiny computer.

>apple shill shits up another thread
Go back to

Fuck I love those so much

good shit man, always wanted one of these

Ah, the good old days

my last pre smartphone cell. solid.

Pic related is my first PC

That looks sexy af.

Reminds me of my first shitposter.

Schneider euro PC was my first real computer. Slight better than spectrum

beautiful, i remember having one just like that

Can someone ID this monitor model?

weeeeeeee

Old computer Beige is superior to black.

Only when combined with the OS aesthetics of the time, with a CRT. A beige flatscreen running an OS with a flat UI would look awful.

Meant to reply to

the DOS and Windows 3.1 boxes are still sealed

That's because I have opened copies. Those are extras I got over time.

Still works fine.

Flat beige Tfts weren't too bad, when I think about it, but it's right that it would look horrendous with modern day UI design decisions.

I think the reason people get so autistic about bezels now is because modern UIs only look good when they're ethereal. They don't seem "right" when they're established in a place, in the way that older UIs do.

if you look at beauty shots the contents of the monitor seem oddly "pasted on" even if they haven't been.

lookin sharp

>all those faded characters

The absolute STATE of your fingers.

More like the absolute state of my ribbon before I WD-40'd it.

Does anyone else keep shit on floppies? I use them to store MIDI files (so I can test out sound chips).

Bump.

I have one of those, I use it to store passwords securely as well as playing some MS-DOS games and having a nice little C compiler on the go.

The thing runs for anywhere between a week and a year on a pair of AAs depending on how much you use it. It's great and there's literally nothing like it on the market. A nifty little slim Linux machine with an extra low power CPU, no niggerfied gaymen handheld, but something like an old Palm Professional or an HP-200LX would be great and these days you could make it a lot more capable while still keeping the long runtime. I fear the radio people would demand would be the killer, you'd have to make some really aggressive power saving considerations there.

ace forth

forth should come back

and smalltalk

for the kids

and basic

These low power, hackable, computers need to come back in general.

Reminds me of the Japanese mech kuratas

they need an easy tcp library and interface

like an old bbs or (shock) an image board

Did you have the Dual CPU model?

When I was in elementary/middle school, I was a really slow writer, so they gave me this. You could hook it up to a computer via USB and then print; I found it really cool back then. Because of this, I was able to learn how to quickly type with my eyes closed. Normies always seem to be amazed by my ability to do this for some reason, I thought most could do that.

Anyone got any experience with Dial-up over VoIP?

What's the best Linux distro for a machine with 500MB of ram? It's on windows XP right now.

Debian with a light DE/WM

The Nikon F4 is the most 80's looking camera Nikon, or any company, ever made. Never was anything that looked quite like it before or afterwards.

Debian still works with so few resources? I thought I was going to have to run puppy linux or something.

>be me in class
>type words as the teacher writes them, not looking at the screen
>normies stare in awe

What resolution is it running at and what machine?

I have up to date Debian on weaker devices.

The linux kernel is so bloated nowadays you'd be lucky to even get it to open one browser tab
just use XP

About 213,000 results (0.51 seconds)

ebay.com/itm/Sony-Trinitron-17-Color-Computer-Monitor-CPD-220VS/253225156903?hash=item3af5654127:g:7i4AAOSwsBtZ7~DG

My /botnet/ free record player and cassette deck from the 70s. An Onkyo cp-1033A and a Harmon/Kardon hk100m

Not really, running Kernel 4+ on ancient devices like a N900, iBook G4, Pentium 3's etc does not affect the performance much at all compared to older Kernels.

Meh. It's also modular as fuck, and if you built it yourself, you could leave out everything you don't need. Then it's pretty light still.

Or just use netbsd. Because it still shines in those low mem situations.

it has a beautiful 1024 x 600 screen. it is apparently a sony vgn-ux180p

I had that shitfest of a phone for a week before I ran back to Nokia.

I've thought about doing that but it's so absurd I can't bring myself to.

woah dude i have one of those.

Are you impaired? That post is the opposite of shilling apple

I just got pic related from my grandpa.
Ofc it's an image i got from the net.
I am waitin for some electronics to arrive and start testing it for any faulty peripherals before pluging it to the grid with a new power supply

Can someone post that Windows 2000 gift with the animated waterfall as the background? Thanks!

hallo, use debian-based distros for proper GPU drivers. Netbooks have issues in general in linux but I have no hiccups whatsoever with mine + Debian. Latitude 2120 with 1024x600

I have Bodhi on an old IBM P3, 256mb ram. Runs OK. A P4 with 512 would probably run pretty efficient.

Alternatively, try - Lubuntu, DSL, Puppy, or BunsenLabs.

>apple shill trying to make a thread that has nothing to do with apple's current offerings about apple's current offerings isnt shilling
what?

It would only look "horrendous" because modern day "UI" is horrendous diahrrea that looks out of place on anything that isn't a computer that costs $30 to make and is sold for $300.

I love the old palm top mini PDAs, they were practical and professional not consumer trash.

*blocks your path*

Anyone remember these?

What a shitshow.

I lusted after one of these in the day due to design alone.

Absolutely disgusting. Bin it and get a pentax

You do realize what you call beige was originally 90% of the time white or gray? Only a few things where actually made with beige plastics, rest has just yellowed.

I just realized this is a nice underage/newfag filter.

Absurd? Why?
It's a nice alternative for Raspberry Pi based line and modem emulators, doing it straight with an actual modem.
Playing old games with your friend over actual dial-up who's on the other side of the globe, specially, for costing nothing.
Most VoIP can handle dial-up with the right compression, same way they do fax.

Pentax only made one 35mm camera worth buying user.

Olympus is the true redpill.

Is that a build-in keyboard? How are you supposed to play it?

Yes, and I have no idea. Its a silly gimmick.

Might as well post my old battlestation (2003/2004). I regret throwing out the printer a few years ago. It probably only needed a new print head.

Still werks

Works just as well as the day I got it. I'd still buy one, scaled up with modern specs, in a heartbeat.

I also have one , though a model 4 and not working at the moment; I believe a capacitor blew. ;_;

They are mocking Apple for not having it

Fuck off, Applel shill.

>you will never be this aesthetic

Why is desktop PC-133 2x the price of laptop sodimms?

how would I go about finding someone to give a vintage PC away to? I'm moving and don't want to take the thing with me, but I also don't want to see it just junked.

Willing to ship to Kansas?

It depends on where you live. If you're in the EU and are fine shipping it to Spain I'll take it.
>I haven't even finished my post and I have competition already

I was kind of hoping to do it locally (and unfortunately I'm not in Kansas) because it's a 50-pound IBM AT and a CRT monitor. One, those would be pretty expensive to ship, and two, I don't trust the hard drive or the monitor to survive an encounter with package handlers.

Oof. CRTs never make it out alive, try and find a local mailing list/LUG or something.

Good thing you have covered your first name there, without it your identity would have been compromised.

behold, the ultimate mid-2000s chav phone

They were good phones.
>t. user who had 3 sliders over the years
I still have the headphones and proprietary mic cable somewhere

I was always jealous of people with that phone 2bh, it was the one that rotated instead of sliding up. I still have my old candybar walkman somewhere

presumably because it's twice as large

Who else was running a Compaq Presario? Mine had some program for kids and it had a dog sitting in a car on the splash screen and you could click on the horn. Shit was cash when i was 10.

Apple supported the fuck out of these for a while until their own iPhone came out, they had iTunes integration and everything.