Why bother with other keyboards...

Why bother with other keyboards? This is literally the only one you ever need (proper ones have swappable cords so you can at least get a USB cable for it).

Other urls found in this thread:

modelfkeyboards.com/product/original-ibm-model-f-107-key-keyboard-6020218/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

agreed. NKRO is an issue for some. Never needed it personally.

>memebrane keyboard
Nice bait

Bulking Spring is the best switch for typing, at least for me.

I do not bother with other keyboards

Well yes, of course, but why do you settle for a membrane keyboard and then claim it's perfect?

Capacitive buckling springs are objectively the best switch ever made

I have a model F as well, still prefer the model M.

As I said, is personal preference. I find that with the model M my wrist do not get tired as much as with the model F after a lot of hours of typing!

Fucking wristlet

Maybe you'd like a Topre too

2kro

That panic key cap is a nice touch. I need to get one for mine.

Actually where the hell did you get that? Its not coming up aside from a custom keycap firm that wants too much.

Thinking of picking up one of these (possibly the unicomp version) but I've seen some youtube videos stating that new ones are a bit dubious due to the molds being worn out...

Anyone with a new unicomp? How are you finding it?

cos I use this Model F instead

woah sick ༼ つ _༽つ any source for getting one?

There are a couple available from this guy (the same guy making model f replicas)
modelfkeyboards.com/product/original-ibm-model-f-107-key-keyboard-6020218/

But these are a little expensive. If you want a good deal on them, join deskthority and send a PM to Orihalcon, he usually has a few in stock. They will need some work though (a new paint coat, or powdercoat)

Not a fan of how big they are. They look nice though.

hmh. ty for the info.

> doesn't even have any kind of back-light
> not RGB, if it was just a solid color then that would be one thing but it's not even got that
> doesn't have a menu key
> has keyboard ghosting and other problems
> can't program macros
that old piece of junk's got nothing on my Duck Duck Shine.

I do admit that I regret just throwing away my Model F. My father got two IBM XT's with CGA screens and keyboards when they upgraded everything where he worked (they were just throwing the old ones away). I did like that keyboard but it had that huge plug so I just threw it away when I bought a new computer with a fancy EGA screen and a PS/2 keyboard input.

This would be damn near perfect if it had media keys.

Ew, also realized it lacks a super key. Stupid.

All of that is literally junk.

>having a numpad

I hope you found this photo online and made this gay shit you just said up.

They're the Rolex of keyboards; a fashion accessory for shit typists who just want to look the part but don't know shit about it.

The only thing Ms are good for are matching with PS/2s.

90% of the time I work on Linux OS, dealing with Cisco equipment and writing python for several networking tools I maintain so windows key or super key are totally useless to me

You can configure any key combination to do whatever you need, there are a ton of tolls that will do that for windows and linux.

>Rolex....
You can get them for $5-$10 dollars of thirfshop or recycling centers!

I picked up a square badge model M and a model F for $40 on craigslist and after ot 2-3 hours of work there were both like new and the model M bolt moded!

There are many people who do not know their value or just throw them away!

I can't believe anyone ever used or currently uses keyboard media keys.

are you fucking retarded? why would you not use play/stop, skip/back and volume control media buttons for music on your pc when they are on your keyboard?

Where can I buy custom keycaps like this?

What the fuck do you mean when you say membrane? Its a spring that buckles, throwing an electrical switch which makes or brakes an electrical contact. Where does a "membrane" get involved in this picture?

You either do not understand the mechanism or you are trying to spread misinformation.

See: United States Patent # 4,118,611 Buckling Spring torsional snap actuator. Harris, 1978

Because I don't shop solely at the goodwill stores?

hi redd*t

what's the name of that keyboard? The only thing that's stopped me from buying a model M is limited desk space, since I use a tenkeyless keyboard already.

Good shit. Used one at work for years. It's how I learned how to use CTRL+ESC (Start menu) and SHIFT+F10 (context menu).

I had one of these. I forgot it when I moved out. My dad threw it out.

>being this retarded
The patent you sited is completely correct - and it's for the capacitive buckling springs I mentioned, found in Model F keyboard.

OP's keyboard is a Model M keyboard, which does use a membrane instead. See: United States Patent # 4,528,431 Rocking switch actuator for a low force membrane contact switch. Coleman, 1985 (filed 1983)

I knew that. I was testing you.

Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night.

For my AT clone, sure.
Even then I prefer the AT Model F.

You're not suggesting using it on a modern PC? Are you?
That would be retarded with better options being available. I.e a better KRO and Super key, even switches that feel nice.

>nowhere sells the item i want except that one place that sells the item i want

Too big and loud for daily use. I prefer topre.

do they have a 104 key ansi layout of that anywhere?

>being a desklet so you have to use a cucked keyboard
its the ssk

Are those different than the stock FC660C keycaps?

this is meant for

I think unicomp feels better. Have at me.

>Shit color
>No backlight
>Fucked up enter key
No thanks.

>My dad threw it out.
Please tell your dad that he's a massive faggot.

Not using a microsoft ergo keyboard makes you a nigger

Go be a try hard edge lord somewhere else kid.