Back surgery chair help

I can't use my desk anymore because it's too painful to sit.
I have around $400 (more if needed) to spend on a new chair. It's worth it to me.

My needs are:
·Reclines
·Footrest
·Comfortable
·Good quality

I need help desu.
Pic related, it's my hardware.

Other urls found in this thread:

ergoquest.com/zero-gravity-workstations.html
amazon.com/Mindbody-Prescription-Healing-Body-Pain/dp/0446675156
tmswiki.org/ppd/TMS_Recovery_Program
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm desperate for help. Even brand recommendations would help. I'll take anything.

Pathetic and desperate bump

Last bump, then I'll quit.

You could try a poang from ikea. I have one and it feels better on my back than most chairs anyway. I think it's too low to use at a desk though.

Have you tried a kneeling chair? It's my understanding that when you sit, you want your knees below your waist to remove pressure from the spine

You could get a laptop of sorts and then sit wherever feels more comfortable

>search on amazon
>set price range
>read reviews

>·Reclines
>·Footrest
>·Comfortable
>·Good quality

Look into using a monitor arm and buy whatever non computer chair is comfiest

You should get an standing desk

Op i have ankylosing spondylitis, it's basically the worst arthritis you can get and it destroys your spine. My back got to the point where I couldn't get out of bed In the morning. I'm taking level 9 pain when trying to even move.

I bought one of those reclining lift chairs for old people and it's great. I've been sleeping in it for over a year. When my back gets bad I can use it to dump me on my feet. it has big wide arm rests so I can use a mouse. I then have my desktop rig hooked to a tv in front of the chair and just set the keyboard on my lap.

Chair was $1500, though. You can probably get something a lot cheaper if you don't need it to:
>motorized
>lays completely flat
>has lift function to lift you up out of the chair on your feet

The chair I bought was the golden maxi comfort cloud. I've had the have the remote replaced 3 times though, and since it's considered medical equipment it's way over priced for the quality.

My back is good now though, but that's another story.

Pic of said chair?

second hand herman miller aeron etc or steelcase
no footrest but comfortable and high quality

im not a doctor, but im fairly sure support is more important than comfort after surgery
can't you ask your outpatient doctor about stuff like this

>that's another story.
lets hear it, user

Is this going to be another thread of manlets recommending IKEA chairs like the shitty Marcus?

Pic related

I had a bone marrow transplant (autologous stem cell transplant) to treat cancer and it it has effectively cured me of my AS and related autoimmune issues, for now at least.

Didn't mean to quote OP

Thanks, I'll look into it.
That would hurt like hell. The angle of the leg and taking as much weight off the spine is what helps my pain. I have bone rubbing on bone.
I have a laptop. I need to be able to do my paperwork etc on a desk. Plus my expensive dual monitors go unused.

They are on arms.
Can hardly use my workbench anymore. The only relativity pain free position is laying on my back.

I wish I had room for one. I need wheels as well.

Good to hear that. Congrats man.

I can look at gore with no issues but this makes me queazy.

god i have the markus
its alright for how much it costs but I would definitely not recommend it if you have back trouble
better than shit you get at staples though

also dunno what you mean by manlet, im 6'4 and fit comfortably

impressive!

Op here, glad you're doing better. I know what you mean. The kind of pain that changes who you are as a person. For me anyway. Fighting for disability. Still want to finish school and work but I'm a mess rn

Yo shut op,, get well soon. Sadly i just sit around all day on my old plactic chair. Hope you find something good

My implant? Don't look up how it's installed then. Hint: they go through your stomach, move organs out of the way and then chisel your bone and hammer the pieces in.

Thanks user. Hope you get better too. If you could buy any brand chair, what would it be?
Maybe I can get a good ottoman to pair with the chair.

I was in a body brace for three months and had to use a walker. They dig around so much I had testicle pain.

Yo man AS guy here, yeah I had AS, then got cancer, probably from the AS drugs. I have a family and a stressful job at a big tech company, you can make it. Just try to avoid the opiates if you can, they'll destroy you worse than any pain. Cannabis did wonders for me when my stomach got destroyed by nsaids. Hope things get better for you, just don't give up on life and go NEET, you can still make something great of your life.

How'd your back get so fucked anyway? I'd like to avoid this if possible.

>Just try to avoid the opiates if you can, they'll destroy you worse than any pain

Been there, done that lol. I'm doing well on Suboxone now though. Also afraid nsaids will burn a hole in my stomach and that Tylenol will wreck my liver.
It's been hard trying to bounce back. I was super productive and doing well in school before I got hurt.
Glad you're doing ok now.

Look at setting up a custom rig to mount monitors to that has room for a full size recliner or similar chair, use gas-spring mounts or something similar to allow the monitor(s) to be moved into any position you'd need.

This way it wont matter even if you're laying on your back.

It'll cost a hell of a lot more than $400 though.

The premade solutions i've seen similar run several thousand dollars.

$400? Get a La-Z-boy

NEVER take a third shift job in a warehouse. Fuck lifting. My disc literally blew the fuck out. Repetitive stress injury from bending/twisting motion. And if you ever get hurt cover your ass. I made so many errors,I don't want anyone else to repeat them. NEVER give the judge notes from your therapy sessions.can't stress that enough. Judge eviscerated me for it. Just get generic shit saying you have depression etc.
/rant

Kill yourself, then you never have back pain again

ergoquest.com/zero-gravity-workstations.html

Won't fit under my desk. I've already tried it. Just getting in and out was difficult because it didn't roll.

Maybe I can /diy/ something. I'm handy, just need to know what Sup Forums considers great chair brands and or models

>implying I haven't already considered this a pragmatic solution
I have thought of this. Not sure how I would handle paperwork though. Maybe I could MacGyver it somehow.

If you're going to be dealing with chronic back pain getting a proper desk setup is going to be your best bet in the long run.

You might be able to get health insurance to help cover some of this shit depending where you live.

>You might be able to get health insurance to help cover some of this shit depending where you live.

Thanks, that's a great idea. I believe there are work programs for the disabled that can also help.

I'm never going to be 100%

Yeah if you're never going to be 100% look into government disability type stuff.

Potentially reach out to manufacturers as well detailing your specific needs and see if they are willing to work with you or refer you to a company that might be able to help better.

Is maxnomic a good brand? I saw them on a Linus tech tips show.

Seems comfy af but I would sleep way to much while having to work with this.

>government disability

I love that I paid the taxes for years but when I got hurt you have to jump through hoops. I've put over three years into trying to get benefits. I'm on my FOURTH appeal. Fucking cunt judge.

>not sleeping in the office so you don't have to commute
>wake up, instantly start working to maximize profits for your boss

Me too. I might have narcolepsy. My sister does and I couldn't finish my sleep study. Those cpap masks are horrible.

amazon.com/Mindbody-Prescription-Healing-Body-Pain/dp/0446675156

there ya go, saved you $390

Thanks

I'm reading the reviews and it seems very, very promising. How did you find out about this book? And do you have a personal experience?

Looks like thread is dead. Thanks for all your help Sup Forums

Thanks for reminding me to keep my posture straight while working. I don't ever want to go thru surgery for back pain.

It's hell. Lift with your legs, be safe.

You can thank trump for that

get good user

np
Yeah I do. I was a wreck with anxiety and worry that I would develop carpal tunnel. I'm a neet (trying to escape) and I was worried if I ending up getting that I'd be fucked since I'd have nothing to do all day if I couldn't use the computer or get a job that required you to use a computer. It was probably a year in of my worry that I found it on some obscure site about how some guy healed his wrist pain and it worked for me. It didn't go away right away, but after reading it and surrounding literature (not actual books, but some stuff from the TMS wiki and other websites, even some videos). I've read through it 3 times now I think and it's nice to brush up once in a while, this book really does work.

tmswiki.org/ppd/TMS_Recovery_Program here's something that's pretty similar to the book, it does seem a bit weird and awkward, but just believe in it and take it seriously, it really does work if you truly believe.

Funny thing is, typing this out my right wrist started to bother me out of nowhere, just shows how spontaneous and causeless pain is. It's gone now of course, just have to go through the motions in your head how it's your unconscious trying to distract you and keep down unwanted emotions and thoughts. Make sure you don't just read it and hope it's magic, you have to put in the mental effort by also evaluating your life and thinking of any "toxic" (pardon the buzzword) ways you think and/or live that aren't helpful. As well as coming to terms with your past and where you currently stand.

Any anons who wanna tell me this is some BS jewish scam or whatever, I don't really care. It practically saved my life and I'm sure there are free pdfs out there anyways.

Glad I checked this thread before bed. Much appreciated to hear your experience. I love when threads get comfy like this. Anons helping anons is the best. Sup Forums still has some diamonds in the rough.

Thank fuck for that, there are tens of millions of welfare queens in this country and we need to do more to get rid of them. I hope Trump does a LOT more in this regard than he already has. A total repeal of the system would be nice. Not to mention unless he is over 60 and been working since he was 20 then he would be receiving far more than what he put in to the system to begin with. OP can still work if he really wanted to, he is just being a whiny cunt. I know plenty of people with poor mobility who work from home doing various jobs like phone support. If blind and literal retarded people can manage to find jobs then so can OP. Charity should not be the government's responsibility to begin with.

I hope you check it out and if you do I'm sure it will work for you, provided it fits the bill of whatever ailment you have. Glad to be of help.